Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 87.4°F / 30.8°C | Humidity: 66% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa () | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 1.0mph / 1.6km/h | Water Temperature: 81 ° F
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Turtle Nest Inn - Best Price OCEANFRONT Rooms 4 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Turtle Nest Inn - Best Price OCEANFRONT Rooms
Rated: 4 stars out of 5 (23 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Resorts

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Turtle Nest Inn - Best Price OCEANFRONT Rooms

You will receive discounted personal rate quotes for this property by using our

Budget conscious travelers will love this delightful oceanfront inn located in Bodden Town. Situated directly on the sea, the pool is only a few steps away from a shallow lagoon.

Cayman's Turtle Nest Inn is intimate and elegant; there are only eight apartments within the stunning, Spanish-style architecture, highlighted by whitewashed walls and cooling terracotta tiles. And you can relax in the seclusion of the outdoor terrace, surrounded by graceful arches, or on the uncrowded beach.

Cayman's Turtle Nest Inn is exotic because it epitomizes the island paradise style, with beautiful stretches of beach and the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean - yet it's just 10 miles from George Town and the airport, but "off the beaten track", and far from the crowds.

This property is extremely popular, and with only 8 units it tends to sell out several months in advance.

NOTE: It is not extremely upscale and there are few amenities. I also want to point out that the snorkeling is better than most Seven Mile Beach properties, but not nearly as dramatic as the Turtle Farm area. That said, you will not find a better property anywhere near this price range - Summer rate studio units start at US$89/night!

Mention Activity Guide and Contact Alain Beiner at:

Tel: 1-345- 947-8665

Email: turtlein@candw.ky

Web: www.turtlenestinn.com

0 person likes this post.

GraceReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: tni

Joe, I am looking for a good rental for Mar 2006. More info is needed on TNI. I have not heard good things about this place yet I also have not heard bad things. Mostly bad opinions from people that have never stayed there. I have driven by many times and the place looks charming. I did not like the gas tanks next door however. What is the beach really like? How does the price compare to Coconut Bay? I know the location is farther out. $89 is for how many people? Does it include meals or kitchen?Thanks, Grace

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

Hi Grace - Welcome to the forum.

Be extremely leary of anything you read on any other message board. They are all ran by people who do not live here and are usually not properly moderated - meaning they are filled with false, useless and highly biased information. TNI is so popular with repeat business that they are typically sold out 6 months in advance. They are one of the few remaining affordable accommodations, and I see that as being an invaluable asset in making Cayman available to as many people as possible.

The property is clean and charming with few amenities. You can not compare this to Coconut Bay for the same reason you can not compare room at the Courtyard Marriott to a Hyatt ocean front suite. There are no free meals, but you will not find a better oceanfront room rate anywhere on the island. Cayman has something for everyone and I am happy to make a very affordable ocean front property an option to our budget conscious members. I have toured the facility and I would never recommend anything that could be considered substandard.

You will find more information and pictures for Turtles Nest Inn at our live reservations page

jrenfrowReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject:

Hi theryanz! My fiance and I just finally booked our wedding planning trip to GC for August 11th - 14th and we are staying at the Turtle Nest Inn mainly because it ended up being incredibly cheap. The owners were fantastic to work with setting up this trip and really went out of their way to help us. We know that we will not be located on 7 mile beach (where we will be staying for the wedding) but hope that the hospitality and charm of the place make up for it. We are getting a little scared about the weather but we are hoping that the tropical storms/hurricanes have settled down for a bit!

I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum. It has been the best help to me trying to plan a wedding from Nashville. Thanks to the forum, I should be able to meet with everyone I need to meet with and plan a wedding in 3 days. I dont know what I would have done without it!

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:

Hi theryanz -

Welcome to the board. We were looking at staying at Turtle Nest Inn this year but they were full the week we needed.

There is a trip report with some pictures from Turtle Nest you can look at. Check out the trip report from mjjpf. They stayed at the Turtle Nest Inn.

Have a great trip!

Kay

sun

dancing

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject:

jrenfrow - TNI is on a nice beach with great snorkelling and you are going to love it. Seven Mile Beach is only about 15 minutes away, so long as you don't drive during rush hours. It's a charming facility and as you noticed the owners are extremely caring and friendly.You can get discounted personal rate quotes for this property by using our Wink

Edited By : scubachar Sun, 02 Jul 2006 17:58:53 -0400

jdcampfieldReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I just booked it. Thanks for the information. I have never seen a site with so much information about the Cayman Islands before. Very impressive! Cheers

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject:

jdcampfield - Welcome to the forum and thanks for you kind comments. We are extremely fortunate to have such a knowledgable and caring group of members. Please tell Alan at TNI where you heard about them. Wink

scubacatReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Thinking About Turtle Beach Inn

Joe,

The Turtle Beach Inn that you describe sounds wonderful.

Also am I right in assuming that the Turtle Beach Inn is located at the south end of 7MB?

Edited By : scubachar Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:17:08 -0500

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject:

scubacat - Turtle Nest Inn is loacated in Bodden town and it's one of the best priced resorts on the island. While they are called a resort, they do not offer full resort amenities like room service and spas. If you are on a budget this is about the best deal you will find. The owners are amazing warm caring people with a following of loyal repeat guests dating back to 1999. They have good snorkeling right off the beach but it's too shallow for diving. However, there are many excellent dive sites close by.

I think either one of these facilities would be able to provide what you are looking for as far as budget and for shore diving you should try to go to many different areas of the island. Be sure to use our new Hotel Search feature which will give you discounted personal rate quotes for being a Cayman Activity Guide member Wink

There are dozens of dive sites all over the island that will provide an exceptional dive experience and you will see a lot of diversity by going to as many different areas as possible. Where you are staying and prevailing weather conditions will play a large factor in your shore diving options. No matter where you stay you don't want to do all your shore diving in the same place every day.

Any of our recommended dive operations will work out a special multi-day rate for you. Be sure to mention Activity Guide for a discount. Wink You will find the contact and discount information for these dive companies in Activity Guide. Don Fosters also offers Stingray City dives and you should definitely do one dive or snorkel trip there.

scubacatReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject:

Joe,

Once again thank you so very much for your wise & informative input Very Happy

In fact you have not made it confusing for me at all. The more information I have, ........ the easier the choice will be as to where to stay & where to book the dives through etc.

So your help & input here is greatly appreciated!!!! :-D

And your mentioning The Reef Resort.......I keep coming back to that. It is a beautiful resort, not to mention fantastically priced for the amount of space you get in the rooms & the ammenities are great! A plus is that it also has a wonderful beach!!!! That is a must for us!!!

The spa factor & room service, we'll we are pretty laid back people & don't usually partake in that type of activity. My husband would prefer to lay on the beach all day after our dives, where I would prefer to go, go, go to see all the Island has to offer. What can I say.....I'm a tourist hound & like to go on all the interesting activites the islands have to offer.

So we divide the afternoon portion of our vacations by alternating 1 day of laying on the beach & 1 day doing an afternoon activity.

Sounds like Turtle Nest Inn might be our best bet if we can get in. If not, it just may have to be the Reef Resort.

And thank you for the information on which dive operators to book through. Makes my search less time consuming. I'll definately use the coupons in the activity guide to book through 1 of the operators you mentioned & a dive to Sting Ray City is a must for me Wink One dream down.....10 more to go Laughing

The turtle farm sounds like an interesting place & we love eating at the highly recommended places, so the Cracked Conch is another must!

Gosh, there is so much reseach I still need to do as far as activities, but I can do that after I book my pillow & my dives.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:

scubacat - The Turtle Nest Inn typically sells out several months in advance so I would recommend contacting them ASAP if that is where you want to stay. Given all you have said I think that might be the perfect place for you.

Edited By : scubachar Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:10:44 -0500

scubacatReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject:

Thanks Joe

I think you are absolutely correct! Cheers

I was just looking at the site now & it is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Now I really can't wait to get here! Very Happy RedRolling Very Happy

NorthSideSueReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I agree that TNI is a fantastic bargain, but have to differ with Joe in his comment that they have "decades" of repeat visitors. The TNI has been established for less than 10 years!

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(66)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Sue - If I didn't know you better I'd think you derived a great deal of satisfaction from proving me wrong. :-D

Sorry for the typo' - It's been crazy for me today, doing 5 things at once like always. I think they built Tutrle Nest Inn around 1998 and it opened some time in 1999. I'll correct my post. Embarassed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Rate as     
4 Star Rating  based on 23 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions