Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 84 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Yoshi's Sushi and Japanese Cuisine | PHOTOS 3.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Yoshi's Sushi and Japanese Cuisine | PHOTOS
Rated: 3.5 stars out of 5 (224 ratings)

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Yoshi's Sushi and Japanese Cuisine | PHOTOS

Edited to add: Yoshi is no longer at Yoshi's Sushi

If you enjoy authentic Japanese food at very reasonable prices served in beautiful elegant surroundings, you will love this restaurant. Yoshi and his team craft extraordinary boats of sushi, sashimi, rolls and special surprises. Using only the freshest fish from the island and around the world, you will usually find much more variety than the typical sushi bar selections.

Always ask Yoshi for his recommendations and don’t be afraid to try new things! No matter how long or where you have been eating sushi, there is a good chance Yoshi will create a tasty concoction that you’ve never tasted.

Tatami seating compliments the chic ultramodern décor, making this one of the most lavishly designed restaurants on the island. The atmosphere is fun and casual and typically filled with locals by 7pm. Be sure to make reservations early for this extremely popular restaurant.

Much more than an outstanding sushi bar, Yoshi’s also offers a full menu of authentic Japanese cuisine, including Robata, Teriyaki and Shogayaki.

Extensive wine lists include a wide assortment of Japanese wines, sakes and beer.

Reservations highly recommended due to extreme popularity. Always book your reservations direct and mention that you are an Activity Guide member.

Map 3 C-6

Phone: 1-345- 943-9674

0 person likes this post.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject:

The decor looks beautiful Joe and I'm sure the food is wonderful! What did you have there that you would recommend? What did that beauty you're married to have?

Will have to try this place.......been meaning too, and now with that road that makes travel from the East End faster.........sounds like a plan!

Thanks for the photos and review,
Celine

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Hi Celine Very Happy

Peggy experiments with a whole plethora of different intoxicating Japanese delicacies and even she was impressed with all the different concoctions; unfortunately I can't remember the names of any of them. Embarassed

I love sushi so much, that's all I ever order. Yoshi's has a huge selection to choose from, even many types of clams and fish that are not usually found in most sushi bars.

Best of all is the prices, which you can view along with all of their menu items and descriptions in our new Menu Search. It's still in beta phase so it does not include every restaurant and some of the search terms are not functioning properly. It should be finished in about a week, failing any more setbacks.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject:

thanks again Joe! Will very likely be bringing some California family with us on June trip and they are SERIOUS sushi lovers themselves..........I think you have to be, living there!!!!!!!!! As for eating sushi HERE.......well, we all say EVERY prayer we know first!
Celine

tracyaReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject:

I am so glad there's a sushi bar!!! Big fan! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Dawn LaMantiaReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject:

I am not a sushi fan, but Yoshi's has a nice selection of other foods and the atmosphere is very nice.
D

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject:

Dawn........good thing to mention....especially for sushi lovers who might not have otherwise gone there with their non-sushi loving friends. I wish there was SOME food.......ANY food that I didn't like!

oinkoink,

raschro1Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject:

Yoshi's is close to my hotel and I am so excited to eat there. I think we are going for my girlfriend's birthday dinner there. I got her addicted to sushi, and from the sounds of it, Yoshi's won't let us down Very Happy

raschro1Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject:

oh yea, was wondering if there was a CAG discount? I guess i am just planning on asking for the CAG discount where ever I go if I am not sure about it Very Happy

lucyking999Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject:

Yoshi's is excellent!

phyllismasonReply with quote
Credits:
(5)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Yoshi Sushi Excellent food, great atmosphere & service

Yoshi Sushi conveniently located on West Bay Road near the Westin and Sunshine Suites. Food is fantastic, wonderful atmosphere. Service is outstanding! Dynamite Sauce is truly Dynamite! If you like spicy, try it, you won't be disappointed. :)

45 people like this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants
Page 1 of 1

Rate as     
3.5 Star Rating  based on 224 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions