Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 76.2°F / 24.6°C | Humidity: 82% | Pressure: 29.95in / 1014hPa () | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 1.2mph / 1.9km/h | Water Temperature: 84 ° F
 Local News:  RBC shutting down Caribbean wealth management    Progress report published on UK-CIG shared goals    MRCU starts aerial attack to curb mozzies    Three Cubans end migration efforts in Little Cayman    Children's garden envisioned for Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park    Pension plans remain under regulator's watch    Academies examined in review of Cayman Islands schools    Early entry school exam success for gifted students    Witness says defendant gave her slain man's jewelry    Conservation award for South Sound campaigner    Courier acquitted of $31K gold theft    Recall notice for car air bags    Online poll: Most concerned about Ebola    
FAQFAQ TOSTOS SearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Best Conch Fritters In The Cayman Islands

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  

mbl340Reply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Menu question

This may seem like a silly or unimportant question, but since I can't find a menu for the 2 restaurants at Courtyard (Mangrove Grill and SeaGrape Cafe) I wondered if anyone knew whether they have conch fritters. They're one of my most favorite foods and one of the highlights of my Caribbean vacations. As long as I have my conch fritters, I'm happy.

Also, if anyone knows where to find the menu to these, I'd appreciate it.

0 person likes this post.

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

mbl340 - The Courtyard only really has one restaurant, the Mangrove Grill - Sea Grape Cafe is their beach side bar where they offer the same menu. They do not offer Conch Fritters but you can get those just about anywhere and bring them back with you.

Here are the best places to get Conch Fritters, in random order:

Hemingways, at Grand Cayman Beach Suites (formerly the Hyatt)

Grand Old House

Cracked Conch/Macabuca

Portofino

Coconut Joe's

Stingers, at Comfort Suites

Lobster Pot

Lighthouse

Eats/Legendz

Kaibo Beach Bar and Grill

Lone Star

Reef Grill at Royal Palms

The Wharf - You can eat all the conch fritters you want for free at the Wharf Happy Hour every Friday. Wink

You could also use our Menu Search feature and do a search for Conch Fritters to find all of the restaurants that serve them, complete with how they are prepared and pricing.

Last edited by Joe Stebbins on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Edited By : Joe Stebbins Tuesday, 16 June 2009 10:20:11 PM. Updated

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

The Marriott used to have the BEST shrimp & conch fritters. They had a limited menu last time we were there, so I'm not sure if they still have them. Maybe Joe or Cindy would know.

Kim

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I love it!

My friend Lynda and I (and our hubbies) have an ongoing conch fritter contest every year. Every restaurant we go to, we order conch fritters and see if they might be the winner! Every year, we conveniently forget who won the previous year, so that we have to start all over again. rolllaugh

I have never eaten at either of the Marriott Courtyard restaurants, but my guess is that the Sea Grape will have conch fritters....

I've heard lots of good things about the conch fritters at Hemmingway's, and we're thinking we may have to try those out this year ourselves. We liked them at the Cracked Conch last year but they are still closed for remodeling, so don't know if they'll be open when you go.

If you rent a car, which I think you should, you'll probably take a drive some day and go to Rum Point for a lazy day at a beautiful shady beach. There is a little outdoor restaurant there, the Shipwreck Bar, and they also have great conch fritters.

Have fun!

Char

arakReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Char, it looks like there are some places on Joe's list where we haven't tried the conch fritters (although that's hard to believe with our many years of experience Very Happy ). Looking forward to sampling them again soon.

Thanks for the list, Joe!

Lynda

obliobearReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Conch Fritters!

Where would you guys recommend going for a casual, reasonably priced, evening of conch fritters and Stingray Dark where we could chill, chat and watch the waves break?

Eva Cheers

we remember moments.

(cesare pavese)

cindylouReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Well just about every restaurant on the island seems to have a variation on a conch fritter, I know, I am the conch fritter queen!!! Woooo hoooo I love them and I try them every where I go around these parts, now the tricky part is getting the combination you want.

Lobster pot does some awesome conch fritters but probably a bit more upscale although the dress is sort of casual to smart casual and there's no rule that says you can't just order appetizers.

The Light House gives you the view, as well and does some awesome conch fritters as well....again maybe a little dressier than what you want.

Now Coconut Joe's does some very good noshing type conch fritters and you'll get the bevvie part handled but you won't get the wave action (unless you wave at people Rolling Over Laughing )

And I could go on and on but if it's the sand and surf and the beach bar ambiance that you want then I recommend head over to the East Side of the Island to The Reef Resort and sidle up to their beach bar and order up some of their conch fritters or if on the West side then head on over to Royal Palms and hang out on their beach bar deck and order up their version.......

You could do a tour of the island just visiting every place that offers conch fritters, I can think of worse things to do!

Cindy Lou

mbl340Reply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

cindylou wrote:
You could do a tour of the island just visiting every place that offers conch fritters, I can think of worse things to do!

Cindy Lou

cindylou, I love your idea. That's exactly what I plan on doing. That's always a requirement when we're deciding on which island to visit each year...do they have conch fritters. People that have never had them laugh at me for being this serious, but for those of us who love them, they're essential to vacations. So far, the best I've had were at The Ritz in St. Thomas, but I'm hoping to find a new favorite on Grand Cayman.

Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the info! We conch fritter lovers are a passionate bunch! Lobster Pot has been on the agenda. I love the idea of a 'conch fritter tour' ...may have to give it a try! rolllaugh

Eva

we remember moments.

(cesare pavese)

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Cindy, do you know if conch fritters are on the "free" happy hour food menu at the Wharf!

Eva, if they are, then depending on what time you arrive Friday that may be a good place.... fritters.... Stingray..... and wave action!!!! water

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Ooh...I've had dinner at the Wharf...but did not realize they had a "free food" happy hour...just may have to check that out! clap

we remember moments.

(cesare pavese)

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Yes Eva, I think it's Friday evenings....

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

cindylouReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Captain Jack - you know I don't know if they do have them on the Wharf Happy hour buffet, the buffet at most of the happy hours changes each week but that is a pretty good idea and perhaps I need to check it out.....just think if there are free conch fritters I will be split from my scale. I could snarfle those puppies down by the bushel full Rolling Eyes Very Happy

I'm thinking a conch fritter tour should be on every one's agenda Very Happy

Cindy Lou

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Don't (yet) know what the current offerings are at the Friday night Wharf Happy Hour, but last June they did have conch fritters, chicken, raw veggies, cheese, and I can't remember... what else? Celine - do you remember? But hopefully they are still having the conch fritters, someone let us know, ok?

p.s. we enjoyed fritters at Lobster Pot, Coconut Joe's, Cracked Conch and of course the Wharf last year...yummmmmy.

dine

Kay
sun
dancing

Life's a garden. Dig it.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject:

Kay.......you beat me to it.......I was going to mention that yes, last June they DID have conch fritters and to get there early to load up on them....they went first! Really think you mentioned everything, except for maybe one other deep fried thing (?) and wasn't there fruit as well?

Enjoy and you will LOVE that view!

Celine

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Rate as     
__  based on no votes ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions