Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 78.5°F / 25.8°C | Humidity: 60% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 11.5mph / 18.5km/h | Water Temperature: 84 ° F
 Local News:  Gimistory opens with local and global line-up    Local officials meet regional health boss on Ebola    CIG heads to London for annual territories meeting    Chemo unit gets boost from Christmas cards    Prisoners tackle beach debris    Premier talks of new courts building in central George Town    Cayman Islands takes center stage at Las Vegas dive show    Liquor stores donate to Haines's cause    Online poll: Many drink alcohol at least three times a week    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Brick House and Brew House at Black Pearl Skate/Wave Park | Photos | Reviews 4.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Brick House and Brew House at Black Pearl Skate/Wave Park | Photos | Reviews
Rated: 4.5 stars out of 5 (64 ratings)

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Brick House and Brew House at Black Pearl Skate/Wave Park | Photos | Reviews

Brick House Restaurant and Brew House
at Black Pearl Skate Wave Park
Extremely extensive and affordable menu. Specialty is brick oven pizza but fish and chips are also among the best on the island. A favorite among locals and a good place to stop between visiting between East End or Northside and Seven Mile Beach. Brew House, directly next door offers exotic coffee blends, cappuccino, expresso, etc. made with Caribbean and international brand coffee, all at very affordable prices.
Location: Black Pearl Skate/Wave Park at Grand Harbour, Map 1. Phone: 947-3456.

Brew House Coffee Shop:

Begin your day with a fresh blend of exotic Caribbean coffees, cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and an assortment of delicious baked pastry.

Relax in the shade and watch the skate/wave antics or get a quick start before joining in the fun. Open to the public seven days a week, there is no cover charge or admission fee to enjoy their delicious assortments of coffees and pastry while watching the excitement.

This is the perfect place to stop as you embark on your east or north side adventures, as they are located only 10 minutes from Seven Mile Beach on the way to Northside and East End.

Brick House Restaurant:

Situated directly in front of the Skate/Wave park, this remarkably affordable restaurant provides a fun and exciting atmosphere for the whole family. Watch the kids as they play or take a break in between your own skating and/or surfing adventures.

Their team of international chefs produce one of the most diverse, extensive and affordable menus on the island. With so many dishes to choose from this is a good place to order several different items to share.

Try one of their authentic brick oven pizzas, recipient of the CAG ?Best Pizza? award.

Cooked to mouth-watering perfection in their authentic brick oven.

Fish and Chips fans will be amazed by their unique crisp, fresh, non-greasy batter dipped recipe. Ultra fresh light fish melts in your mouth after a burst of crunchy flavor from their amazing crispy light batter.

Their adjoining lounge features a vast selection of traditional and exotic Caribbean cocktails, beers and wines.

Brick House and Brew House and their lounge, situated directly beside one of Cayman?s top attractions provides a sure to please fun family atmosphere at some of the best prices you will find anywhere on the island. Be sure to visit them on your way to or from your Northside or East End adventures!

Reservations are not usually necessary but you can call ahead if you like:

Phone: 345-947-3456

Easily located on our island map 1, directly behind Grand Harbour Plaza in Red Bay.

0 person likes this post.

divesergeantReply with quote
Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject:

Hey Joe,

Can you get a carry-out 'za?

shellyReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

Restaurant looks great--good place for us to stop when we make a run to the book store.

When is the Skate park open--we were by there twice in dec/jan and both times nothing was going on--no water and no skaters. Are they only open weekends? or certain times of the day?

Shelly :-)

Next Vacation : 10 Days ( Grand Cayman )    Start : Dec/09/2014     End : Jan/08/2015

missnonnieReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: From the Westin to the Brick House

Can anyone tell me roughly how far the Brick House is from the Westin? We have reservations for Friday night and I assume we'll have to take a taxi there. Just trying to figure out how much the transportation to and from will cost. Thanks.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the forum missnonnie Smile ,

The Westin is located pretty far up the 7 Mile Beach and The Brick House is located on the other side of Georgetown near the Grand Harbor shopping center. I think it's located right next to the Skate Park. You can see a star marking Grand Harbor, the Black Pearl Skate Park and the Brick House on one of our maps located here

I would think that by car, depending on the traffic, it could be about a 30 to 45 minute drive. If you aren't renting a car, and have to go by taxi, it could be pretty costly. I've never eaten at The Brick House, but I understand that it is a great casual and affordable restaurant. I, myself, think it would be a shame to offset that savings with an expensive cab ride.

Are you sure you don't want to rent a car? It's really not hard to learn to drive on the left and it makes it so easy to explore the island and go to those restaurants, like the Brick House, that are a little farther away. Check out the rates at both Andy's Rental Car and Economy car rental, who both give discounts for being a member here.

If you really don't want to rent a car, just know that there are MANY wonderful restaurants close to where you are staying. Be sure to check them out in our Restaurant section. You might be interested in Eats Restaurant and Legendz, that are directly across the street from where you are staying.

Char

missnonnieReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Char. I should probably have my eyes checked.....I looked at Map #1 and didn't even see the Brick House listed! I think I will take your advice and patronize the restaurants closer to the Westin. I've already printed out menus from half a dozen that are pretty close by. That way we'll have more time to spend on the beach and more money for shopping!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants
Page 1 of 1

Rate as     
4.5 Star Rating  based on 64 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions