Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 84.0°F / 28.9°C | Humidity: 74% | Pressure: 29.92in / 1013hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h | Water Temperature: 86 ° F
 Local News:  Hospital aims to test all seniors for stroke risk    Cayman loses out in CPA chair elections    Haines hopes for touch of Irish luck in run #5     Bracker bags civil service worker of the year gong    Professionals trained in domestic violence issues    Lack of newspaper ads forces special liquor board meeting    Marathon introduces youth race    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Rash Guards - potentially stupid question

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Water Sports - Miscellaneous

View previous topic :: View next topic  

3stoogesmomReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Rash Guards - potentially stupid question

Can someone please help me locate online those shirts that everyone wears while out doing water sports like snorkeling? I know they help protect against sunburns and scrapes from the rocks...but I'm not exactly sure what to look for. Help! I leave in a couple weeks, and I think it would be a good idea to have them...

Please respond directly to webmaster at duquette dot org if you like

Edited By : 3stoogesmom Thursday, 14 July 2011 07:50:42 PM.
0 person likes this post.

Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I've looked on ebay for them, but it's a huge mix...not sure what I should look for, if there is a brand that has better sun protection, etc... can I get them at Walmart, for example? Is long sleeve or sheet sleeve better for Cayman? It may seem silly, but with so many choices, I want to ask those who already use them before I spend any $$.

divesergeantReply with quote
Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Try looking at some online scuba dealers like leisurepro, divers direct or divers-supply. I don't know much about the different brands, but look for a lycra-type material that'll give you some abrasion and UV protection.

DS

billinwilliamstReply with quote
Temporary Resident
Credits:
(7)

Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rash Guards - potentially stupid question

3stoogesmom wrote:
Can someone please help me locate online those shirts that everyone wears while out doing water sports like snorkeling? I know they help protect against sunburns and scrapes from the rocks...but I'm not exactly sure what to look for. Help! I leave in a couple weeks, and I think it would be a good idea to have them...

Please respond directly to webmaster at duquette dot org if you like

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. That's why I'm here. To provide stupid answers. Jump

divesergeantReply with quote
Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Hey Bill,

How are you doing? And how is our favorite DiveMaster? (Does that make her your DiveMistress...?!)

Hope all is well way up north there! We've gotten hammered a few times over the past month or so with wind and rain, but it's making the deer foodplots grow really well. It's almost venison time..!

DS

Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again, guys. Gonna check out LeisurePro. I've purchased their stuff before, and I would do so again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Water Sports - Miscellaneous
Page 1 of 1

Rate as     
__  based on no votes ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions