Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 80.5°F / 26.9°C | Humidity: 78% | Pressure: 30.04in / 1017hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 9.2mph / 14.8km/h | Water Temperature: 84 ° F
 Local News:  CIG heads to London for annual territories meeting    Organisers brag of largest ever health conference    Two more patients pick up chikungunya locally    Crisis Centre hopes to raise 40k with Christmas run    'Jamaican great house' on Patrick's Island nets design award    Free HIV testing at Cayman health clinics on World AIDS Day    Surety must pay $1,500 for fugitive defendant    Respiratory machine donated to hospital    Holiday season means cleanup time for Cayman    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

The Meridian | Discount and PHOTOS 5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

The Meridian | Discount and PHOTOS
Rated: 5 stars out of 5 (67 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: The Meridian | Discount and PHOTOS

The Meridian condos are one of the properties on our where you will be given a generous discount for being an Activity Guide member. They are one of only 6 condos on Seven Mile Beach that I have given my personal recommendation, after an extensive evaluation of every condominium on Seven Mile Beach.

I highly recommend this condo to anyone seeking an extremely upscale property in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. They are just outside the congestion zone of traffic and in close proximity to many shops and restaurants. They have a beautiful spacious white sand beach with good snorkeling.

This is the most upscale rental property on Seven Mile Beach.

The Meridian is a brand new fully equipped luxury condo. They offer 2 bedroom 2 bath unit on the 4th floor, with all of the remaining rental units being larger 3 bedroom 3 bath oceanfront condos with approximately 2000 sq.ft of living space. All condos are brand new and exquisitely appointed with fully equipped gourmet kitchens, in-suite washer/dryer, central air conditioning, cable TV, VCR, CD, telephone, fax, high speed internet access, 3 full bathrooms, ceiling fans, elevators and a large screened-in oceanfront patio or balcony. Daily maid service is provided except Sundays.

Spacious bedrooms with unbelievable views and every modern convenience.

Ultra-modern luxury bathrooms.

Immaculate grounds, large pool, hot tub and gorgeous beach.

The Meridian was built by Brian Butler, one of Cayman's most highly regarded architects.

Here are their published rates. Your rates will be lower when you use our our .

Octo 15 -

Dec 15 Dec 16 -

Aper 16 Aper 17 -

Dec 15

2 Bedroom 2 Bath

Luxury Oceanfront 1 - 4 people $350.00 $625.00 $350.00

3 Bedroom 3 Bath

Luxury Oceanfront 1 - 4 people $450.00 $725.00 $450.00

5 - 6 people $500.00 $800.00 $500.00

7 people $560.00 $860.00 $560.00

0 person likes this post.

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

Joe , Thanks for these articles. We are btringing other people down with us, and this is helping us to decide where we want to stay. thanks again!

dogwalkerReply with quote
Banned0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Sure looks like we chose wisely! Cannot wait to get there!!!

nicholasmomReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks for affirming my research

I have spent countless hours pouring over the internet trying to pick the perfect spot for our family vacation in November. We have settled on the Meridian and it looks like you agree with this selection!

Thank you for having this web site.

Now, can you guarantee a week of sun for us? Very Happy

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the forum, nicholasmom!

The Meridian sure does look like a beautiful place to stay!

Have you booked it yet? If not, you should submit a request on the new

page........you will most likely get a nice discount for being an Activity Guide member!

Char

Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Have booked already. Is it too late to get a discount?

We have booked the 2 bedroom unit (just found this site today via Everything on the Activity Guide site). Is it too late to get the discount? We were afraid to wait and risk missing out on the unit.l

Thank you!

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Well, that is a good question.......maybe Joe, the Administrator of this forum, will have to answer that for you, when he sees this post. Maybe something can be worked out.

Nevertheless, glad you have found us now, cause you have plenty of time to pick up lots of pointers and recommendations for everything from restaurants to snorkeling.......lots of discounts too!

Have fun planning!

Char

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

nicholasmom - If you are already booked it's too late. Please keep it in mind for your next visit. Wink

Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Anyone recently stay at the Meridian ?

We would love to hear feedback about your stay at the Meridian?

dogwalkerReply with quote
Banned0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

We'll be staying at the Meridian 4 weeks from now. Will post a report for you. Meridian is situated on a terrific section of SMB...excellent for beach walks in either direction and right across the street from the Strand Shopping center.

Have been doing an annual March vacation on Seven Mile Beach for the past 10 years. Always get great weather mid to late March! Last October added an extra Cayman trip mid October. The rainiest month, I believe, tends to be November. We had more rain last October than I would have liked yet fully enjoyed our time there. We did get at least a few non-rainy hours each day (except for one day when a hurricane was churning far to the west). The ocean water was definitely warmer than in March, and the island is not as busy in the Fall so no need for any dinner reservations even at the most popular restaurants.

tracyrReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

Is the beach there as nice as the beaches further north, like around Aqua Bay Resort? I have it narrowed down to Meridian and Aqua Bay. We are still trying to decide and the Meridian looks like a beautiful property, but the beach is very important to us, probably more so than being near all the activity. However, the activity doesn't bother us either. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

tracyr - Meridian are Aqua Bay are not really comparable properties. The Meridian is the most upscale property in the heart of Seven Mile Beach, whereas Aqua Bay is more charming and remote. I would say that the beaches are about comparable - both have large sandy beaches.

I would base your decision on how much driving around you plan on doing. If you think you'll be doing lot of driving I would stay at Meridian. If you prefer a more remote retreat with only a few days of driving then I would suggest Aqua Bay. Budget might be another consideration. There is a pretty big difference between the rates of those two properties.

equinox311Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Meridian - Discount??

Hi All!

I'm a total newbie - so please cut me some slack.

First, I want to say how much I appreciate all of the fantastic information provided to us in this site. It's almost overwhelming! Don't know what I would have done if I hadn't come across it.

Here's my dilema -

I'm trying to finalize our vacation plans for the Caymans. I sent a rate and availability request, through this site, to several establishments, one of which was the Meridian. The first response I got from Lee didn't include any rates. My second inquiry got me a referal from Lee to www.meridian.ky and still no rates. After my third try, Lee quoted me rates right off their web site - no discount whatsoever.

So - I'm confused! Confused

Has anyone had this same problem?? Has anyone actually gotten a discounted rate from Lee for the Meridian??

I'd appreciate ANY help with this.

Thanks,

Linda

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Meridian - Discount??

equinox311 wrote:
Hi All!

I'm a total newbie - so please cut me some slack.

First, I want to say how much I appreciate all of the fantastic information provided to us in this site. It's almost overwhelming! Don't know what I would have done if I hadn't come across it.

Here's my dilema -

I'm trying to finalize our vacation plans for the Caymans. I sent a rate and availability request, through this site, to several establishments, one of which was the Meridian. The first response I got from Lee didn't include any rates. My second inquiry got me a referal from Lee to www.meridian.ky and still no rates. After my third try, Lee quoted me rates right off their web site - no discount whatsoever.

So - I'm confused! Confused

Has anyone had this same problem?? Has anyone actually gotten a discounted rate from Lee for the Meridian??

I'd appreciate ANY help with this.

Thanks,

Linda

Hi equinox311 - wave

Welcome to the forum! Regarding your rate request from Meridian -

I know CAG members should be receiving about 10 - 20% discounts, however this can vary due to availability and during holiday periods,etc.

In particular I was told that during the Christmas/New Year's holiday and Easter that most places were unable to discount. Is this when you are planning your trip?

It sounds like maybe you need to restate that you are a CAG member and it never hurts to add that you will be writing a review on the board after your trip. Please let us know how it turns out. And if we can help with anything else let us know.

Kay
sun
dancing

Life's a garden. Dig it.

tracyrReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I contacted the Meridian just last week and received the same response as you. When I questioned Lee about the discount, he did write back and said he would give me a 5% discount.

Hope that helps.

p.s. I did finally decide on Aqua Bay which is further north and they gave me a 10% discount.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Rate as     
5 Star Rating  based on 67 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions