Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 80.3°F / 26.8°C | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 29.92in / 1013hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 87 ° F
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

North Pointe Condos

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas

View previous topic :: View next topic  

khutReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: North Pointe Condos

What is the beach like by the North Pointe Condos? Also, what is the source of water? My wife is really concerned where the water comes from because I am on immunosuppersents since my transplant and she is afraid I might get some kind of bacteria.

Thanks

0 person likes this post.

shellyReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Hi

Someone else will have to tell you exactly how the beach is there, and exactly what the water source at that complex is, but I stayed in Cayman Kai last Dec. and we used bottled water for everything.

The manager said that people who live there would probably drink the water--but that visitors should use bottled. Our friends just used tap water for ice cubes, but I was concerned because of upper respiratory problems in the past, so decided that we would just lug in the bottled water--even used it for tea and coffee. When we stayed on the other side of the island, which has city water, we used tap water. Someone else will have to tell you exactly what the water source is at North Pointe. Maybe they have reverse osmosis, but I don't know. I did use tap water for dish washing and washing off fruits and vegetables however and I was fine.

Years ago before there was city water on SMB we still used tap water, which was cistern water (rain water collection).

I'll be interested to hear what others way.

Shelly :-)

Next Vacation : 77 Days ( )    Start : Dec/13/2016     End : Jan/12/2017

Edited By : shelly Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:38:43 -0400

divesergeantReply with quote
Credits:
(50)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:

khut,

We stayed in two North Pointe condos a while ago (pre-ivan). We stayed in 'Harv's Kai' and 'Mid-Winter Night's Dream'.

The beach was fine, although it isn't groomed everyday like the SMB resorts' beaches are. To make up for this, there is the relative isolation and tranquility that you might find lacking on SMB.

As for water, I believe they have city water up there now. I remember seeing where the road had been dug up for piping of some sort. Still, if you have concerns, bottled water is the way to go for peace of mind.

When NorthSideSue returns from her jaunt to Ireland hopefully she can help out more. She has an extraordinary amount of knowledge about all things North Side.

DS

khutReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks divesergeant! I was hoping that NorthSideSue would be on to answer this. Doesn't she own one of the units in North Pointe? I appreciate the reply. We want to stay on the north side because of the tranquility.

pierrelisaReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: North Pointe

Has anyone stayed at North Pointe condos, we want to snorkel and have a great beach. I know it is remote, but it is more affordable than seven mile beach, and I would only want to be on the Northern end of Seven mile beach, as it seems quieter. It is a late booking due to our change of plans. Any info would be great. Thanks

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the forum, pierrelisa Smile ,

I have merged your post in with these others who were asking the same thing awhile back. Hopefully this will help a little.

Char

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions