Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 88.3°F / 31.3°C | Humidity: 58% | Pressure: 29.95in / 1014hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 4.6mph / 7.4km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
 Local News:  Charity needs furniture for half-way house    Sea search on for men missing from troubled boat    Cubans on run as centre struggles with security    Work underway to repair key GT highway    Police go undercover for kids    Online poll: Sunday trading up to market    Police warn of Easter burglary threat    Premier rings in Oxbridge on NASDAQ    Easter Week services    Nomination process for annual Nurse of the Year award opens    Medical tourism forms available    Enjoy bun and cheese in moderation    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Cruise Ship Schedule

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Hello cman - Welcome to the board!

The Port Authority has a website that shows the cruiseships scheduled for stops in Georgetown. Check it out HERE.

I noticed you're countdown says you are staying at the Marriott - are you on island now?

Kay

sun

dancing

0 person likes this post.

cmanReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:

gardengirl, thanks for the web site. Oops I had my countdown with the wrong dates, just corrected it.

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:

That's cool cman. Love your avatar, by the way. Cool

Kay

sun

dancing

SHELLNNYNJReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Cruise ship calendar

CLICK HERE!

Cruise ship calendar

ochnspiritReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Cruise Ship Schedule?

Hi everyone! I just joined today and have been enjoying all the forums. I have been to Grand Cayman many times and keep going back! I haven't been since Ivan and am anxious to see how everything looks. I have a question that I can't seem to find anywhere. When are the cruise ships in?? I thought it used to be everyday except Wed. and Sunday but I thought I read something different. I like to snorkel at Eden Rock and be downtown only when they are NOT there!! Thanks and keep up the wonderful site. I will be there June 8th and can't wait! For anyone living there: it looks like it has been raining a lot.. do you think it will still be at that date? Hope not.. that's why I booked my trip for early June! thanks again

Title edited for clarity - scubachar

Edited By : gardengirl Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:22:28 -0400

cindylouReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

ochnspirit - welcome to the forum and glad you are enjoying it. Go to this link which is the Port Authority site and it will give you the cruise ship schedule on a daily basis http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

It actually hasn't been raining a lot so not sure what you are looking at to get that information. We have cloud cover in my area today and I know a front is supposed to come through the end of next week but our weather changes daily again as we frequently say even though it says showers, unless we are in full storm activity those showers are usually not island wide nor are the all day long.

Have you checked out our must do list and some of the restaurants we recommend? Will you be arriving by cruise ship or are you staying over? If you are coming by cruise ship we have some great recommendations to maximize your day and if you are stay over you'll want to take advantage of our discounts for places like Andy's for a car rental and things like that!

Cindy Lou

cuddclanReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: What day do cruise ships not come in to Grand Cayman?

I would like to know if there are any days of the week that cruise ships do not dock on Grand Cayman.

MaddieCReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Here's a site that will tell you what ships will be in port by each month. When we were there, there we no ships on Sunday, and only one on Saturday (it was sooo nice). There were a couple of days where there were more ships than were listed (at this site).

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

MDEVOUSReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Cruise Ships-- Days of the week

Hi, Can anyone tell me which days of the week the cruise ships are in port? Also, which hotels/beaches cater to the passengers by allowing them to use their facilities? I'd like to avoid activities & beaches that may be inundated the days the cruise ships are in Cayman.

BTW-I enjoy cruises and cruise often...just want to avoid the crowds when I'm on an air-land vacation. Smile

middletbReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

Here is the Cayman Port schedule for you to check out. It can give you a day by day account.

I know that the Royal Palms allows cruise passengers to use their facilities.........there might be others but I don't know.

Heidi martini

MDEVOUSReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Heidi,

Perfect! The link has the days/port info. spin

Thanks,

Michelle

middletbReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Michelle,

We were staying out on the East End, so made sure we planned our trips to SMB, StingRay City and Rum Point on days when no cruise ships in town.

Amazing what stuff you can learn on this CAG forum.

Enjoy your trip.

Heidi martini

spiritmanReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Oh my God

Based on this Port report if you add up the number of people on the ships...there is potential for over 26,000 cruisers to be in Georgetown on the Wednesday that my wife and I are there.

Looks like the best day for us to be in town is the day we arrive...Monday...which is a good thing. I want my wife to see Georgetown but we can go to a crowded mall anytime.... spin spin

One more great discovery on this awesome site...thanks for the link.

sm

LIBBYGIRLReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how far in advance the passengers have to return to their cruise ship before their departure time? Will there be enough time for us to shop after the cruise ship people leave ? What time do the gift shops etc. close? It looks like the best day for us to visit George Town is on Sunday .. when the shops are closed?? ... or on Monday the 11th of February when only two ships are in port .. that is unless the shops are open in the evening ...

Appreciate all the help I can get ...

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject:

The shops, in town, are not open in the evening, and I doubt very much that they are open on Sundays either.

Others have said that the shops in town tend to close pretty much the same time that the ships are all leaving....maybe by 4 or 5. I think the passengers have to be on board no later than 30 minutes before their departure. I would suggest going to town on the day with only two ships in port.

There are also lots of great shops in the hotels and in the little shopping malls along the West Bay Road, and many of them are open till 8 or so in the evening..

One of the best new gift shops on the island is up at the Boatswain's Beach (Turtle Farm), and you can shop there without even paying admission to go into the Turtle Farm attaction (although we highly recommend doing that, too Wink ). I would definitely choose a light cruise ship day to shop there, though.

Char

Edited By : scubachar Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:14:58 -0500
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions