Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 74.8°F / 23.8°C | Humidity: 94% | Pressure: 29.86in / 1011hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Light Thunderstorms and Rain | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 4.6mph / 7.4km/h | Water Temperature: 86 ° F
 Local News:  Fisherman camp stirs up Marina Drive    Local weather still unsettled as TD9 fades away    Cadets hold garage sale to boost dwindling funds    Port struggles with debt    Clock ticking on daylight saving discussion    Airport uses sonic blasts to scare off birds    Sentencing date set for Brac stabbing    Students dress up to help HospiceCare    Seaman celebrates 100th birthday    Donations made to kids' physiotherapy unit    Online poll: Most people eat at home or brown-bag their lunch    WB music event canceled    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Is it best to bring your own life jackets?

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

MichelleinNHReply with quote
Credits:
(3)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Is it best to bring your own life jackets?

Hi:
We'll be spending a week in Grand Cayman. Although, my boys are strong swimmers, my 7 year old would struggle in the ocean. She can swim but has not built her endurance yet. I know when we go out to StingRay City that life vests will be given to us but I want her wearing one any time we are in the water snorkeling. Any suggestions on a good vest for a child?

Thanks.

15 people like this post.

erinparkerReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject:

If you're going to be snorkeling in water over your son's head in the ocean and he's not a strong swimmer, then yes, you should definitely put a life jacket on him.

They have a lot of different types and prices of live vests at amazon that can be purchased online.

11 people like this post.

b.masleyReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject:

How funny. I was just going to say we got our life jackets at Amazon. They do have a lot of sizes and different prices. Very Happy

9 people like this post.

divesergeantReply with quote
Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject:

Before buying and lugging a jacket with you, check with some of the local water sports stores. I bet you can rent snorkel vests and not have to worry about baggage.

14 people like this post.

MichelleinNHReply with quote
Credits:
(3)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have a favorite dive shop that rents children's life jackets?

Thanks.

9 people like this post.
acatalinaReply with quote
Frequent Flyer
Credits:
(2)

Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject:

We bought cheap ones just for snorkeling. Like 25 bucks each. We are not going deep sea so we figured we shall be fine. Not overpacking with having a washer and dryer. We can wash.

11 people like this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions