Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Location: Cayman Islands
|Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:20 pm Post subject: Must-Do List for the Cayman Islands |
Diving | Snorkeling | Attractions | Shopping | Art and Craft Galleries |
Watersports | Nite Life | Dining | SAVINGS | Much More
|We get a lot of questions about what not to miss while you are here, so I put together an organized listing (in no order of preference) of some of our most highly recommended things to do during your visit to the Cayman Islands.
• Eden Rock for introductory dives, training, gear rental, shore dives and west side boat diving.
• Living the Dream Divers for dive and snorkel trips to Stingray City, private charters to the best sites, on board barbecue or beach lunch stops. Affordable and non crowded.
• Turtle Divers for exceptional shore diving, 6 persons max boat diving, scooter and equipment rental and much more.
• Soto's Cruises for the very best prices and intimate service on a spacious NON-CROWDED boat.
• Cayman Private Charters Your own 32" yacht for personal Stingray City tours, visits to Kaibo, restaurants; all watersports and anything you can think of on your own NON-CROWDED boat.
• Caybrew/Caylite Brewery - - FREE - Activity Guide Coupon
• Botanic Park
• Pedro's Castle
• Turtle Farm - at Boatswain's Beach - Activity Guide Discounts
• Pirates Caves - Especially for families with children - Activity Guide Discounts
• Swim the horses with Pampered Ponies - Activity Guide Discounts
• Skate/Wave Park - Activity Guide Discounts
• Spa or Hair Braiding by Braid Buggy - Activity Guide Discounts
• Moore Marine very Affordable Boat and Jet Ski Rental - Activity Guide Discounts
• Parasailing Professionals - Activity Guide Discounts
• Cayman Kayaks for the largest selection of kayak tours. Everything from day tours to world famous bioluminescent tours in one of the few places in the world where such an opportunity is offered. - Activity Guide Discounts
• Atlantis Submarine -Cayman's most diverse submarine adventures with comfortable seating, air conditioning and huge viewing windows, plus professional narration to learn about the undersea world. - Activity Guide Discounts
• Oh Boy Charters - Cruise the sea with many options for snorkeling, cocktails, dinner cruises and much more. - Activity Guide Discounts
• Cayman Private Charters Your own 32" yacht for personal Stingray City tours, visits to Kaibo, restaurants; all watersports and anything you can think of on your own NON-CROWDED boat. - Activity Guide Discounts
• Cathy Church Gallery - World famous underwater photographer - Activity Guide Discounts
• Pure Art - Local crafts - Activity Guide Discounts
• Tortuga Rum Cakes and Rum - Free samples - Activity Guide Discounts
• Mitzi's Jewelery - Meet the legend and get a free piece of black coral and Activity Guide Discounts on Caymanite.
• Marriott Beach Resort - Buffet Pirate's Dinner Show and many other fine and casual dining and entertainment experiences
• Royal Palms - Fine dining at Reef Grill, one of the most popular day spots in the Cayman Islands
• Edoardo's - Some of the finest Northern Italian food in the Cayman Islands
• Grand Old House - One of the most upscale ocean side restaurants in the Cayman Islands. The most popular wedding venue on the island
• Lighthouse - One of the Cayman Islands most popular landmarks and dining establishments; recipient of virtually every international award a restaurant can win
• Lobster Pot - Authentic local food and lobster served in an intimate setting with a panoramic view of the ocean
• Wharf - The Disneyland of Cayman Restaurants. Gazebos, Private Seating, Indoor/Outdoor seating, Tarpon feeding, intimate roaming harpist, salsa nights and much more.
• Marriott - Affordable Spectacular Sunday Brunch, Affordable five star beach side restaurants, Beach Dinner Show
• Pappagallo - One of Cayman's most highly acclaimed restaurants, located in a remote bird sanctuary
• Cayman Private Charters - One of the most upscale and intimate charters in the Cayman Islands. Dive, Snorkel, Fish, Sun Bathe or anything you like, with the comfort and safety of a professional captain
• Moore Marine - Rent your own boat or jet ski at a fraction of the cost
Don't forget to stock up at Tortuga for all your liquor and rum cakes.
- Activity Guide Discount
There are coupons and discounts for many of these establishments in Activity Guide Magazine. If you do not see Activity Guide prominently displayed at your hotel or condo, please ask to speak to the the GM or manager and inquire as to why it is not available.
Always book direct with our Live Reservations and Savings for the best prices, least crowded tours, establish a rapport and avoid middle man markups and confusion.
Please post your feedback when you return. Good or bad we want to know of your experiences with our most highly valued establishments.
Joe Stebbins, Editor
Cayman Activity Guide Main Website | Current Issue Online | Money Saving Coupons | Frequently Asked Questions