Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 87.8°F / 31.0°C | Humidity: 69% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 6.9mph / 11.1km/h | Water Temperature: 85 ° F
 Local News:  Motorcyclists ride to benefit rescue dogs    Charles Clifford takes top customs role    'Rollover' backlog finally cleared    Education chief ordered report changes    Karma for sale    Two years for four business burglaries    Talent show brings donation to school    Online poll: Cruise dock poll gets hijacked    Ten steps to the perfect smoky eye    Outside Cuba; the world's leading cigars    Tapas: small bites of deliciousness    
FAQFAQ TOSTOS SearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Must-Do List for the Cayman Islands
Diving | Snorkeling | Attractions | Shopping | Art and Craft Galleries |
Watersports | Nite Life | Dining | SAVINGS | Much More

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(57)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Must-Do List for the Cayman Islands
Diving | Snorkeling | Attractions | Shopping | Art and Craft Galleries |
Watersports | Nite Life | Dining | SAVINGS | Much More

We get a lot of questions about what not to miss while you are here, so I put together an organized listing (in no order of preference) of some of our most highly recommended things to do during your visit to the Cayman Islands.

Diving:

Eden Rock for introductory dives, training, gear rental, shore dives and west side boat diving.

Living the Dream Divers for dive and snorkel trips to Stingray City, private charters to the best sites, on board barbecue or beach lunch stops. Affordable and non crowded.

Turtle Divers for exceptional shore diving, 6 persons max boat diving, scooter and equipment rental and much more.

Stingray City:

Soto's Cruises for the very best prices and intimate service on a spacious NON-CROWDED boat.

Cayman Private Charters Your own 32" yacht for personal Stingray City tours, visits to Kaibo, restaurants; all watersports and anything you can think of on your own NON-CROWDED boat.

Sightseeing Activities:

Caybrew/Caylite Brewery - - FREE - Activity Guide Coupon

Botanic Park

Pedro's Castle

Turtle Farm - at Boatswain's Beach - Activity Guide Discounts

Pirates Caves - Especially for families with children - Activity Guide Discounts

Swim the horses with Pampered Ponies - Activity Guide Discounts

Skate/Wave Park - Activity Guide Discounts

Spa or Hair Braiding by Braid Buggy - Activity Guide Discounts

Moore Marine very Affordable Boat and Jet Ski Rental - Activity Guide Discounts

Parasailing Professionals - Activity Guide Discounts

Cayman Kayaks for the largest selection of kayak tours. Everything from day tours to world famous bioluminescent tours in one of the few places in the world where such an opportunity is offered. - Activity Guide Discounts

Atlantis Submarine -Cayman's most diverse submarine adventures with comfortable seating, air conditioning and huge viewing windows, plus professional narration to learn about the undersea world. - Activity Guide Discounts

Oh Boy Charters - Cruise the sea with many options for snorkeling, cocktails, dinner cruises and much more. - Activity Guide Discounts

Cayman Private Charters Your own 32" yacht for personal Stingray City tours, visits to Kaibo, restaurants; all watersports and anything you can think of on your own NON-CROWDED boat. - Activity Guide Discounts

Shopping/Galleries:

Cathy Church Gallery - World famous underwater photographer - Activity Guide Discounts

Pure Art - Local crafts - Activity Guide Discounts

Tortuga Rum Cakes and Rum - Free samples - Activity Guide Discounts

Mitzi's Jewelery - Meet the legend and get a free piece of black coral and Activity Guide Discounts on Caymanite.

Night Life:

Marriott Beach Resort - Buffet Pirate's Dinner Show and many other fine and casual dining and entertainment experiences

Royal Palms - Fine dining at Reef Grill, one of the most popular day spots in the Cayman Islands

Must-Do Restaurants:

Edoardo's - Some of the finest Northern Italian food in the Cayman Islands

Grand Old House - One of the most upscale ocean side restaurants in the Cayman Islands. The most popular wedding venue on the island

Lighthouse - One of the Cayman Islands most popular landmarks and dining establishments; recipient of virtually every international award a restaurant can win

Lobster Pot - Authentic local food and lobster served in an intimate setting with a panoramic view of the ocean

Wharf - The Disneyland of Cayman Restaurants. Gazebos, Private Seating, Indoor/Outdoor seating, Tarpon feeding, intimate roaming harpist, salsa nights and much more.

Marriott - Affordable Spectacular Sunday Brunch, Affordable five star beach side restaurants, Beach Dinner Show

Pappagallo - One of Cayman's most highly acclaimed restaurants, located in a remote bird sanctuary

Fishing:

Cayman Private Charters - One of the most upscale and intimate charters in the Cayman Islands. Dive, Snorkel, Fish, Sun Bathe or anything you like, with the comfort and safety of a professional captain

Moore Marine - Rent your own boat or jet ski at a fraction of the cost

Don't forget to stock up at Tortuga for all your liquor and rum cakes.
- Activity Guide Discount

There are coupons and discounts for many of these establishments in Activity Guide Magazine. If you do not see Activity Guide prominently displayed at your hotel or condo, please ask to speak to the the GM or manager and inquire as to why it is not available.

Always book direct with our Live Reservations and Savings for the best prices, least crowded tours, establish a rapport and avoid middle man markups and confusion.

Please post your feedback when you return. Good or bad we want to know of your experiences with our most highly valued establishments.

2 people like this post.

ati2dReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject:

THANKS!

I JUST PRINTED OUT THIS LIST FOR OUR TRIP.

CAN'T WAIT!

0 person likes this post.

snowed inReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Just my opinion, but...I think " Royal Palms should be added to your list as it is a great spot located overlooking the beach where ALL ages can go Thurs. - Sat. night and hear live music in the fresh air while mixing with locals and tourists in a nice, relaxing, casual atmosphere.

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Cheers I agree!!!!

:palm: Kim

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(57)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:

snowed in wrote:
Just my opinion, but...I think " Royal Palms should be added to your list

Done. Very Happy

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject:

YEAH Cheers

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject:

good move........we love it there too! celine Very Happy

KellyMarieReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject:

This is exactly what I was looking for, and the videos were great too. Excellent site. Cheers

Cara-ibeanReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject:

We are first timers to Grand Cayman, thanks for the list. I'm glad I fouond this sight. Smile

1 person likes this post.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject:

WELCOME Cari............we're glad you found it too! Pass it on to your friends!

Celine Very Happy

MikeReply with quote
Status Member
Credits:
(30)

Status Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Joe...do you have any updates to your "Must-Do" list?

As the little boy says in the Disney commerical when his Mom tells him to go back to sleep "I'm too excited to sleep!"

We're going to make sure we see Eugenio and his harp and George Davidson and his piano.

ccobbReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: First time in Carribean

We are set to come on May 26, 2 teen skateboarders. AT this time we are set with Spanish Bay Reef resort. Any info on that. Also, have car rental, what problems are there driving? We are from USA, anything we need to bring?

Where would be good places to go for complete novice snorklers?

Boys are excited about the Black Pearl Skate Park!

What are the top picks for what are most do activities, may be our only trip, so want to make sure we do what we can!

Also, I was told we just needed birth certifcates and Drivers licences until Dec. When I called airline to confirm everything, they told me that I would need marriage licence. Time is short! We are using American Airlines, any one have experiece with that?

I appreciate any and all info! spin

metalkwituReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi ccobb:

I'm not a moderator, but I still want to say "welcome to the board"! You will not believe the information available on this board. The Stingray City trip is a must from what I've read, and Soto's is strongly recommended for their smaller groups on the boats. There is a Stingray City topic you will see. We are going to Cayman for our first time on 5/23. I've already booked the Stingray trip.

Another popular activity seems to be a "swimming the horses" ride with Pampered Ponies. You can find a thread for that, also. You ride the horses right into the ocean and "swim" them!! I believe there is even a video on this site about it.

If you just scan the topics on this board you will know more before you go than any other vacation you've taken. Additionally, anything you can't find or questions that haven't been answered by reading the information here, just ask. You will get an incredibly quick response from the moderators and Joe Stebbins (the creator).

Wish I could be of more help, but as I said, we haven't been there, yet. I've been visiting this board almost on a daily basis since we booked our trip and feel wonderfully prepared for our trip. Have fun reading and don't be afraid to ask anything! As you will see in many posts, "there are no dumb questions". Have a fantastic trip.

Karen2 butterfly

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(57)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Hi ccobb - Welcome to our forum. Very Happy

metalkwitu already gave you the top two. I'd add a kayak eco tour to the list too with Cayman Kayaks. You will find discounts for these things as well as skateboarding in Activity Guide when you arrive.

If you book your car with Andy's or Economy you will get a discount for being an Activity Guide member. Most people become accustomed to driving on the other side of the road within a matter of minutes. I switch back and forth all the time as I travel between Cayman and the US and I don't even have to think about it anymore. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

The Cayman Islands are the most modern and upscale destination in the Caribbean. You will find everything you need right here. Liquor is very expensive so if you like to drink you might want to think about bringing your limit of your favorite alcoholic beverages.

You do not need a marriage license. Passports or raised-seal birth certificates are fine for now. Personally, I recommend passports.

Be sure to check out our must do list and Recommended Restaurants.

ccobbReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

Thanks to both of you. Do you have to book the stingray trip ahead, and if so what days are best. That is one thing I would like to do. I see that we will be there at the same time! We get there the 26th. This trip was booked very recently, so haven't had much time to read, Airline is still insisting that they will require my marriage licence or passport. Because we were initially told we did not need these items, I spent all weekend trying to come up with enough to get this done. Because of being married twice, they are saying my different names that I have had because of that causes problems! So we are hoping all goes well! I hate to book any more things until we know for sure we can get there.

Thanks again for the help. I will have to try to get some more reading done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions