Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 84.3°F / 29.1°C | Humidity: 58% | Pressure: 29.89in / 1012hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 4.6mph / 7.4km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
 Local News:  Premier touts for business in New York    Old bosses remain on new residency board    Cops asked to tackle increase in street begging    More Cubans rescued at sea    Canadian measles cases highlights potential return    Hospitality school to enroll up to 50 students    Inquests held for three water deaths    Report: Stolen police van was 'decommissioned'    Four jailed for importing ganja    Tourism group announces new board    Cayman is paying it forward    Caymanian associate admitted to Cayman Bar    Abusive relationship seminar to be hosted    Savannah Primary school shines light on numeracy    Disaster risk scholarships for Caribbean universities    Public honors NCVO pledges    Brigade Girls party with seniors    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Safety of resort vs single condo

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

paiste13Reply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Safety of resort vs single condo

We will be going back this summer for our second trip to Grand Cayman. Our first time we stay at the Reef Resort and this time have some a small single unit rental in Boddontown. My wife was reading about some muggings and assaults (of course less than some places in USA) but was wondering if a single unit condo would be safe. She thinks if we go back to the Reef the other people there will make it safer. Does anyone have thoughts on this? I know the media can be sensationalist but I need to find out some info for my wife. Thanks!

8 people like this post.

smetakReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject:

We stayed at the Reef resort last trip, and among many other problems, our room was broken into. We're staying at the Marriott next time, never tried a condo, but would imagine anything would be safer and better than the Reef.

6 people like this post.
billinwilliamstReply with quote
Temporary Resident
Credits:
(7)

Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject:

We lived in a condo in Bodden Town the winter of 2011-2012 without a single problem.

15 people like this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> General Questions
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions