Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 89.4°F / 31.9°C | Humidity: 68% | Pressure: 29.98in / 1015hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 1.2mph / 1.9km/h | Water Temperature: 87 ° F
 Local News:  NWDA goes on the road to help job-seekers    DVDL issues warning on heavy equipment imports    CEC says physical campus 'soon come'     Mosquito plane starts swampland spray    Cubans land in South Sound seeking help    Celebrating 100 years with dancing    Queen's Badge, MBE recipient turns 100    Aerial mosquito spraying under way    Hotel bellman cleared of sexual assault    Crime concerns raised at West Bay meeting    Students host event to connect with employers    Children in court on burglary charges    Arts, culture fest slated    Grants help 16 students with college expenses    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS 5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS
Rated: 5 stars out of 5 (374 ratings)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Resorts

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(18)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Hi islandbum - Welcome to our forum. Very Happy

You are going to love the Marriott. I was by there last week and their beach is as nice as ever. They offer lots of activities for children. I'll try to get you a complete list if I can find time this week. Things are extremely hectic for me right now with an early press deadline and a vacation coming up. Hopefully some of our other members have stayed at the Marriott recently with children and can share some of their experiences.

0 person likes this post.

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Islandbum,

Welcome! We just returned from 9 days on the island right next to the Marriott and I don't think I've seen their beach look that good in years! There were multiple rows of chairs and plenty of room for little ones to play. You are in for a beautiful vacation at a fabulous resort - good choice!

:palm:

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

TortugaTejasReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

That is truly amazing -- I never thought I'd see the beach at the Marriott look that great again! I don't know how they did it, but they certainly will make me take a long, hard look at staying there again.

Great pics, thanks!

palm dance1 palm

b7golfReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Email contact at Marriott Resort?

Does anyone have an email contact for the general manager at the Marriott Resort or give me the name of someone to contact there to discuss getting a room with an ocean view? My husband called today & spoke to the GM's assistant and she is going to check on it, but I'd also like to follow up with an email because my husband failed to mention that we are CAG members. We're using Marriott rewards points for the room, but are willing to pay extra to get an ocean view. We had requested it when we originally made the reservation, but so far, they only have courtyard view rooms on Saturday night, but the GM's assistant said they may be able to move us to a ocean view room on Sunday. I just remember Joe stessing to always mention that we are CAG members, so I'd like to follow up with an email, if possible. We are leaving this Friday.

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi B7golf,

I can't find a direct email address but do know that Nadia is the contact person. At least that's who it was in the past.

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

b7golfReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Captain Jack,

Thanks for your reply. My husband ended up calling back to let me know the GM's assistant called him back right away and she was able to upgrade us to a "junior suite" with an ocean view for the entire duration of our stay, so it all worked out perfect. I told him to call her back to let her know we are CAG members and that we are already impressed with their service and we haven't even arrived yet!

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Wonderful news!!!!

You are in for the time of your lives...... I'm jealous and I just got back a few weeks ago!!!

Have a Great Day!!!!

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

mickashReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

My husband and I got back on May 20th. We actually got married out in a secluded area at the Turtle Lagoon. The place is amazing. the staff is excellent, the food is great, and the views are incredible. We had an oceanfront room right above the Solano. We were able to watch the Friday night entertainment at six, and then watched again from our balcony at eight. We had such a great time there, that we are thinking about coming back down sometime in December. It all depends on the Black Pearl Skate Park. I can't say enough nice things about the Marriot. The pictures are right on. And if you have a chance, go to the Le Mar Spa. Ask for Carla, she did such an amazing job on my hair and makeup for the ceremony. My husband actually stopped in his tracks and stared when he saw me. hug

GeorgiagirlReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Marriott Resort ...great location...great hotel

My friend and I absolutely loved everything about the Marriott Resort in Grand Cayman. Thanks to the Cayman Activity Guide forum, we emailed Nadia prior to our arrival and she planned to give us a free upgrade to a partial oceanview room. We decided we liked the garden view room just fine! It was soo lush, with turtles swimming in the pond....beautiful! Nadia or the front desk, sent us up a bottle of champagne and fresh fruit on our arrival...we felt soo special!!

The beachside lounge chairs and umbrellas were great...since this is the LOW season, we had our pick of where we wanted to plant ourselves all day reading our romance novels and sipping on our beverages of choice! If Nadia reads this, say hello to Lamar for us! He was very helpful as the bell clerk and gave us great insider scoop on the good restaurants and night spots...also the front desk helped us with making dinner reservations.......

Another thing we loved about the Marriott is that many things were within walking distance including the Aqua Beach restaurant(fun!) the Next Level club(fun! fun!) and the Royal Palms beach bar was just a very short walk down the beach for an afternoon stroll in your swimsuit and a drink at the outside beach bar! We loved how it wasn't too crowded at this time of year. We were disappointed that Coconut Joe's was closed for renovations....we were looking forward to trying it out b/c it's also in walking distance and looks like a fun spot ......maybe our next trip, which we hope will be sooner rather than later.

Thanks Marriott Resort for taking such good care of two Georgia girls!

We'll be back....so ya'll watch out!

gszenacmReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

While I didn't stay there last week, the location did look nice. We had dinner at the Marriott on Wednesday for their lobster and all you can eat shrimp - it was yummy! I liked the courtyard and so did my daughter...we went to the Turtle Farm earlier that day so she wanted to touch those turtles too!

I agree with you on this being the best time of year to go - NO CROWDS anywhere..even on ship days it wasn't that bad.

SHELLNNYNJReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

I am A HUGE FAN of the Marriott Beach Resort. Great Rooms, Romantic, Nice Views, Great Garden-Turtle Area, Good Food, Location...just wonderful in my eyes.

Food: 100%

Decor: 100%

Service: 100%

Cost: 90% (Cheaper then many of the other competitors on the island but there is always room for a discount-which is why it pays to be a member here!)

Michelle

keithdReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

We'll be staying there in a few days and are very excited. I will be sure to contact her and see what happens, either way I know we'll have a great time. I will surely post a trip report with some pics!

ajtuxReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

Georgiagirl, I'm glad you had a great vacation. I'm sure I speak for all here when I say: WHERE'S THE PICTURES? We depend on pictures and trip reports from good people like you to hold us over until we go. In my case, the end of February, so Please, pictures please.

Alan

GeorgiagirlReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

I have a couple pix I could post, but I'm not sure how to do that?? Confused

SHELLNNYNJReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

Cool Here are Char's excellent Posting Pictures instructions:

POSTING PICS

If you have any trouble, were here to help. We've all been there, which is why we completely understand, if you have any issues, questions or comments. (LIKE why can't I post these @#$%^&* photos!)
BouncingLaugh

Michelle

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Rate as     
5 Star Rating  based on 374 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions