Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Treasure Island Condos | Discount and PHOTOS 4.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Treasure Island Condos | Discount and PHOTOS
Rated: 4.5 stars out of 5 (51 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Treasure Island Condos | Discount and PHOTOS

Treasure Island condos are one of the properties on our where you will be given a generous discount for being an Activity Guide member. They are one of only 6 condos on Seven Mile Beach that I have given my personal recommendation, after a thorough evaluation of every condominium on Seven Mile Beach.

I highly recommend this condo to anyone seeking very affordable accommodations with a nice beach and excellent snorkeling. They are out of the congestion zone of traffic and in close proximity to many shops and restaurants.

This aerial view is a little dated but the general layout has not changed.

All condominiums include:

Complete kitchen, with microwave oven and dishwasher

Spacious living and dining area

Central air conditioning

Ceiling fans

Cable TV

Daily bath towel and tidy service & every 3rd day "light-touch" maid service except on Sundays and Cayman Holidays. Beach towels provided.

Washer & Dryer

Large patio or balcony

Two (2) baths

The rooms are immaculate, spacious, airy and open.

This is possibly the most elaborate and well landscaped pool of any condo on the island.

They even have a swim up snack/cocktail bar.

As if their incredible main pool wasn't enough, they have a second - more private pool, beautifully designed and well landscaped.

TI condos have an enormous beach with lots of shade and good snorkeling. All of that combined is a pretty rare combination on Seven Mile Beach.

All of their units have either a porch or balcony.

The buildings are situated so every unit has at least a partial ocean view.

When you see ironshore like this it's a good indication that the snorkeling in the area will be pretty good.

See our Online Maps to get a feel for the area.

Here are their rack rates. You will be offered special rates when you use our Hotel Search to make your reservation. Wink

Three Bedroom

Two Bath

Full Kitchen

Daily rate in U.S. dollars, for up to six persons. Oceanfront Deluxe

April 21 - Dec 18 $385

December 19 - January 5 $600

January 6 - January 31 $480

Feb 1 - April 20 $510

Two Bedroom

Two Bath

Full Kitchen

Daily rate in U.S. dollars, for up to four persons. Season Dates Oceanfront Oceanview Poolside Standard

April 21 - Dec 18 $335 $280 $245 $225

December 19 - January 5 - $465 $425 $385

January 6 - January 31 $425 $375 $345 $330

Feb 1 - April 20 $455 $405 $375 $360

One Bedroom

Two Bath

Full Kitchen

Daily rate in U.S. dollars, for up to two persons. Season Dates Oceanfront Oceanview Poolside Standard

April 21 - Dec 18 $320 $255 $215 $195

December 19 - January 5 - - - -

January 6 - January 31 $405 $350 $295 $275

Feb 1 - April 20 $435 $380 $325 $305

Plus 20% Tax & Surcharge.

We do not add gratuities.

Extra person charge is $30.00 per night if over 2 years of age.

Only 1 additional person of any age is allowed per unit.

Prices subject to change without notice.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.

Reservation, Payment, & Cancellation Policies.

0 person likes this post.

carocressReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I just confirmed my reservations with Treasure Island. The rates they sent were fantastic! Much lower than on another site I checked. Thank you very much for providing this wonderful service. This really is the best Cayman site in the world! Cheers

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Welcome carocress!!! Glad you found us and took advantage of being a special member here!!!

.....don't stop there!! you will find all kinds of great dining and recreational activities thru this site and the Activity Guide! and with the savings you get, your vacation will be that much enjoyable!!

Let us know if you have any questions ... glad to see you activated your vacation counter! We'll count down the days with you!!!

You can find some of the great discount coupons here:

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

Edited By : Captain Jack Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:01:42 -0500

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

carocress wrote:
I just confirmed my reservations with Treasure Island. The rates they sent were fantastic! Much lower than on another site I checked. Thank you very much for providing this wonderful service. This really is the best Cayman site in the world! Cheers

Are the prices you got, less than what is on the advertisement on this thread, or is that with the discount? I don't want to know what it is, but is the discount a good one.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

carocress - Welcome to our forum and thank you for expressing your appreciation. You will love TI, there's nothing else like it in that price range.

kchick - The rates I posted are their rack rates. Our members rates will be 10-20% lower. If you book it through a travel agent or wholesaler, they take a commission. We don't. That's really all there is to it. Wink

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Joe Stebbins wrote:
carocress - Welcome to our forum and thank you for expressing your appreciation. You will love TI, there's nothing else like it in that price range.

kchick - The rates I posted are their rack rates. Our members rates will be 10-20% lower. If you book it through a travel agent or wholesaler, they take a commission. We don't. That's really all there is to it. Wink

Thanks Joe, things are changing on a daily basis for us, we keep adding people taht are coming down, and I want a place that is central and resonable. There isn't enough room at my son's for everyone, but they are all going to have the best time of their lives!

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

kchick - With a 20% discount on properties that I already screened to be the best value, they are all more than reasonable. It's a matter of location and personal preferences more than anything else. Read the reviews and check the map and pictures to narrow it down to a few that suit your individual needs. Then just select those and compare the rates. Wink

tdubReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

So how would I take advantage of the 10% to 20% discount on teh TI Condos??

Also, how close are the condos at Treasure Island to the nightlife/shopping...walking distance, short cab ride??

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Hi tdub, welcome to the forum....

put in your request thru this link:

They will reply with the information...

TI is close to Georgetown and some great restaurants like the Lobster Pot and the Wharf.... look for discounts in the Activity Guide.....

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the forum, tdub Very Happy ,

All you need to do to take advantage of the 10 to 20% discount is to enter your information on our Hotel Search page that you can access here:

Simply enter the dates of your vacation and your e-mail address and you'll receive a personal reply within 48 hours. Be sure to put a check mark by the properties that you want quotations from.

It's as easy as that!

I always stay in the same area of 7 Mile Beach as the Treasure Island Condos. I think it's a great location! Walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants......you might think about renting a car for exploring other parts of the island for a day or two. We recommend Andy's Rental Car for that and they have an office in walking distance from Treasure Island....just across the street and up a bit.

Good luck in your decision,

Char

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

Coconut Joe's is practically right across the street.... (Hey Cap't, you psyched?!!!)

MichaelLParksReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Request for status

Treasure Island is one of our favorite places on earth. But we arrived on a cruise ship 5 months after the hurricane of 2004 and the place was literally destroyed. I noticed that the pictures on this web site are pre-hurricane (the way we'd like to remember it). The loss of the trademark Norfolk Pine on the beach was heart-breaking. Question: Is Treasure Island fully restored and operational? We want to come back for our fifth wedding anniversary (we were married there) and would certainly like great memories restored.

Mike and Cathy Parks

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the forum, MichaelLParks Laughing ,

I certainly understand your concern about this property, since you were on the island five months after Hurricane Ivan and saw all the damage. I was also on Cayman at that time and stayed along 7 Mile Beach in a condo for two weeks.

Slowly but surely, everything is getting back to normal, especially all the hotels and condos and restaurants. Buildings have been restored and often completely redone to be better than ever. I just came back three weeks ago from another two week vacation......the progress has been remarkable.

I can't speak directly to Treasure Island, but I can tell you that it would not be one of the six recommended condo properties that Joe has chosen for the Hotel Search page, if he had not been thoroughly impressed when he inspected it just a few months ago. He was really impressed with the size and the quality of the big oceanfront condos, and the fact that even though this is a condo property, it has some amenities that you would usually find at a resort.....large pool with swim up bar, restaurant, etc. He chose this as one of the select properties also because of its value....the quality of the condo in that particular price range. Believe me, his criteria were very stringent!

Since you are familiar with Treasure Island, you know that the hotel and the condos are separate. The hotel has not reopened and will not reopen to tourists. It has been turned into long term apartment rentals. I think the lobby bar is still there, but I don't believe that they have any music in the lobby anymore, like they used to. BUT, the condos are fully restored and fully operational.

Anyway, a few of our members, are on vacation this week and staying at Treasure Island. I'm sure that once they return, they will post trip reports and you will be able to ask them questions directly.

I was snorkeling near Treasure Island this year, and when I looked up from the water, I did notice that that beautiful Norfolk Pine is pretty much gone.....so sad!

Hope this helps to reassure you about the condos....

Char

klsReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

We just got back from 9 nights at TI Condos. They look great. Our group stayed in 4 rooms there and all were in great condition. Billy Bones pool bar has made many improvements.....new kitchen, bathrooms, new menu. The landscaping looks just like it did before. You will have a great time.

metalkwituReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

kls:

Since you just returned, do you have time to post a trip report? Have any photos of your own you'd be willing to share? We love pictures! heart

Karen2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Rate as     
4.5 Star Rating  based on 51 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions