Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 79.4°F / 26.3°C | Humidity: 87% | Pressure: 29.86in / 1011hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Light Rain Showers | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 2.3mph / 3.7km/h | Water Temperature: 86 ° F
 Local News:  Fisherman camp stirs up Marina Drive    Local weather still unsettled as TD9 fades away    Cadets hold garage sale to boost dwindling funds    Port struggles with debt    Clock ticking on daylight saving discussion    Airport uses sonic blasts to scare off birds    Sentencing date set for Brac stabbing    Students dress up to help HospiceCare    Seaman celebrates 100th birthday    Donations made to kids' physiotherapy unit    Online poll: Most people eat at home or brown-bag their lunch    WB music event canceled    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Please Post any Board Problems Here

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Please Post any Board Problems Here

We are upgrading our PHPbb software and because our board is so heavily modified with custom features, it is a tedious and somewhat problematic task. The quote feature has been fixed and the only remaining problem that I am aware of is using contractions. The apostrophe is conflicting with some source code and will not allow the post to be submitted if it contains any contractions. Noah is working on this now as his highest priority and I expect it to be resolved soon. In the mean time, please refrain from using contractions or apostrophe symbols in your posts.

I apologize for these temporary inconveniences while we are implementing improvements to our message board.

0 person likes this post.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

The problem with contractions has been fixed. Thanks Noah. Very Happy

If anyone is experiencing any problems at all now, please let me know.

cindylouReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Well thank goodness the technical difficulties were not a result of my total imcompetence with anything technical Razz And how amazing is it that you manage to get all this stuff done even during a public holiday.....wow!

Cindy Lou

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

There are two more issues that I am aware of and Noah is working on them now as his highest priority.

1. After making a post, some posts are not immediately appearing under the author's "Active Topics" or "View Your Posts" search/sort features. If you go to the topic and click on your post it then starts appearing in all the search/sort functions. I know this is a huge inconvenience and it will be fixed as quickly as possible.

2. The weather marquis is not displaying the current water temperature. The site we were populating from has not been down for several days and I am looking for a new source. This is an easy fix and should be corrected in a few days.

3. Some of our multi-page topics are not letting us access the last page and instead returning an error message: No posts exist for this topic?. Obviously, this is a high priority issue that will be corrected as quickly as possible.

If anyone is experiencing any other problems since our upgrade, please post them in this topic and they will be given immediate attention. I apologize for the inconveniences.

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

clapping Good catch on those! I was noticing the errors this evening and happy that they are being fixed!

Kim

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

jtownesquireReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

Joe:

Boy are you on the ball! Kim and I were just discussing my problems with the posting and the missing Water Temperature issue yesterday around 4pm.

Glad to know it wasn't just me.

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

Joe,

The only thing I noticed.... and it may very well have been me... was that I had not rec'd email reply notifications to recent posts when a response was made to a thread... although I don't think I unchecked the reply notification box when posting... I could have inadvertantly.... Embarassed

Just thought I'd pass it on... just in case... and not to add to your already full "To Do" list.

Thanks,

John

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

jpep - Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will ask Noah to look into it immediately.

I found a temporary work around for the Active Topics problem. If you click on "click here to view your message" right after making a post, it will then appear in your Active Topics search/sort. Even if you don't see it, I think everyone except the author is, because I am seeing everyone else's posts appear under Active Topics, just not my own, unless I click on them first. Confused Hopefully, Noah will be able to get this all sorted out today.

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Joe, sounds like Noah has a full list also...

And it appears to be working now... way to go guys!

Edited By : jpep Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:15:46 -0400

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I think everything is working correctly now except for the Active Topics problem, which Noah is still working on.

Some members are experiencing problems with their vacation countdowns and I believe that problem has been corrected. If your countdown is off, please go to your profile and enter the correct dates; it should then function properly.

If anyone experiences any other problems, please report them in this topic.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Noah just fixed the Active Topic problem. clapping Everything should be working perfectly now. Very Happy

Please continue to report any new problems you may experience.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Joe,

I think something might still be wrong with the Active Posts...... crying

I just logged off a few minutes ago,without opening about 5 threads that were marked as "unread". I always sort by Active Posts.

Then, I just logged back on, and now there are none marked as unread. It's behaving as if I was sorting by "View posts since last visit", which I wasn't.

Shouldn't the threads that I haven't opened yet, still light up as unread when I log back on?

Maybe I've been on the computer too much today....am I goofy?

Char

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Char - That same thing happens to me every once in a while for reasons that I will probably never understand. It all looks OK to me now though. I see all the latest topics showing as not being read. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Char wrote,

Quote:
Maybe I've been on the computer too much today....am I goofy?

No way!

Joe,

I'll see if I have any problems and let you know.

Thanks for staying on top of this.

akatoraReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Joe,

Still getting that "No posts exist for this topic" error in the jpep's yanks thread in the Off Topic section Confused

Edited By : akatora Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:41:04 -0400
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions