Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 92.0°F / 33.3°C | Humidity: 69% | Pressure: 30.02in / 1016hPa () | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 9.0mph / 14.5km/h | Water Temperature: 85 ° F
 Local News:  Dump fire continues controlled smolder    Sisters pack their bags for camp    Patient treated locally for open heart surgery    Landscapers train to help avoid injuries    Jewelry store robber pleads guilty    Burglary suspect charged    Property broker charged with theft    Man arrested for gun possession    Online poll: World Cup heavily watched    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Coral Sand Condo and Timeshare

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas

View previous topic :: View next topic  

jodyekgReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Coral Sand Condo and Timeshare

Can anyone tell me the address of the Coral Sand Resort? It is a timeshare/rental, it says minutes from Georgetown and Seven Mile Beach. Would like to Google Earth the address if anyo has it!

Thanks,

Jody

_________

Edit: Title changed for clarity. Coral Sands is not a resort.

Edited By : Joe Stebbins Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:27:36 -0500
0 person likes this post.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Well, I couldn't find an address for you except North Church Street. I know that it is really, really close to town.....if you look on this Activity Guide map of 7 Mile Beach, I can point you in the right direction......

Be sure to scroll all the right to right on this map......I think, if I remember right, that the Coral Sands is located about halfway between the Grandview condos and where Eastern Avenue connects to the main road (the two red lines on the map). I think it's somewhere close to the little insignia of a swimmer on the map. I THINK it is, anyway.

Hope this helps.

Char

jodyekgReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Char, at least I have a general idea now. I am sure it will be just fine, and I hope the taxi people know where it is.lol I didn't realize it was STILL 118 days until vacation. That's what I get for making plans so early.

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject:

Actually, Coral Sands is across the road from Kirk's Supermarket, just to the south of where the Treehouse restaurant used to be. Sad Where the swimmer is is Cocoplum....

Edited By : divnpaul Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:15:09 -0500

Native0
Native

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:

Hi Paul,

I knew that the Coral Sands was across from Kirk's, but I had trouble spotting Kirk's and getting myself oriented on the map Embarassed ......I was just guessing at the exact location....you know that area so much better than I do. So, that would mean that Coral Sands is between the "swimmer" and the traffic light, right? Closer to town than I thought?

(Boy, I miss that Treehouse restaurant!)

Char

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject:

It's actually past the traffic light as you head into GT. Just to the right of the intersection you'll see what looks like a sandy patch and CSR is next to that.

Amy and I really miss the Treehouse as well. We really loved the Almond Tree which preceded the Treehouse. It was in (and behind) the thatched roof house that used to be there. (That was the bar...) They had the best almond crusted snapper I ever ate!

Native0
Native

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:

Oh my gosh! I was totally wrong! (SORRY, jodyekg! Embarassed )

Paul, I certainly remember the Almond Tree....do you remember sitting inside the thatched roof hut and watching the slide shows of the fish?

Char

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

I sure do! Plus they had several parrots outside on the deck.

I'm such a map geek that I had no trouble finding it. I could mess around for hours with Google Earth!

jodyekgReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the info guys. Now is Kirk's as good as Foster's? And is there a Foster's near? Now I am totally lost! Where should I be looking on the map for it? by the swimmer on the right hand corner of map#3? But then I guess it really doesn't matter yet. But once all my travel arrangements are made, I start trying to get the lay of the land. I think I probably drive my friends nuts.LOL

rdandccReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Coral Sands is a timeshare. Small place only 12 units. Pretty good snorkelling out from it. We have seen everything out there. The only address I have is a North Church street and a PO Box. We miss the Tree House too, it was like having your own beach bar.

haltomReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject:

We've always gone to Kirk's. It was right across the street from the first place we stayed on the island. I can't compare to Foster's, but we've always found what we needed there.

Grateful DiverReply with quote
Temporary Resident
Credits:
(26)

Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Jodyekg,

One of the things that drew me to Grand Cayman and has kept me coming back is not only the safety, and safe tap water, but also the quality of the grocery stores and retailers. We travelled to Cayman with both of our kids when they were infants. All the grocery stores in Cayman carried the same baby products that we purcahsed at home. This made packing for our trips much easier!

If staying at Coral Sands, you will be right across the street from Kirks. This is a nice grocery store with very good produce, meat and bakery counters. If you shop here don't forget to pick up your Kirk dollars which can be used as currency on subsequent shopping trips.

gd Diving

P.S. We miss the Tree House/Almond Tree as well! How cool was that private dining gazebo out on the iron shore that you had to walk along the decking to get to!!

jodyekgReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all the help everyone. Now for my next question, Does anyone know the dates for Pirates Days for 2009? We are thinking about 2 trips to the Caymans next year.

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject:

jodyekg,

I strongly suspect firm dates for Pirate's Week 2009 have not yet been scheduled. Unless I'm mistaken, I do not believe firm dates for 2008 have been scheduled either.

However, in the last 2 years the onset of the celebrations has been moved from the end of October to the first week of November. In 2007, Pirate's Week ran from November 8 - 18. You may wish to use that as an approximate guideline, and continue to keep an eye on the CAG board for any announcements.

jpep

coffindancerReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Coal Sands

Has anyone stayed at the Coal Sands and if so did they like it....is it on 7 mile beach or close enough that i can walk out to it? thanks

CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Rate as     
__  based on no votes ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions