Play     Stop
 
 
 
Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 
Log in

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 77.9°F / 25.5°C | Humidity: 84% | Pressure: 29.92in / 1013hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 2.3mph / 3.7km/h | Water Temperature: 86 ° F
 Local News:  Fifth local case of Chikungunya confirmed in WB    Financial facelift with new $100 bills    Flamingo flock blown off course    Fishing 'camp' sparks complaints    Bartender makes a splash for foster kids    HBO ends dispute with WestStar    Health City featured in marketing documentary    Marketing conference scheduled for November    Food certification courses for Pirates Week vendors    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Avatar Help and Information


As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions

  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tgking95Reply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Posts: 214
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject:
 
What I did was go into adobe workshop and then found my picture that I wanted to work with and then somewhere on the adobe window is a button to click to change pixel size and I set mine to 150 height x 200 width and that seemed to work. If you can put your picture into adobe it should work. But it took me months (and asking my husband) to figure that out! Just call me Celine #2! :-D :-D :-D :-D



Ginny




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

pjlReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer
Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 68
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject:
 
I did mine through photobucket and it sized it for me Very Happy




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 3831
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject:
 
OK, kchick, have a wonderful day...



I just want to say that when you go back into photobucket to find the picture you want to use, just make sure that the little box under it is checked....then you'll be able to follow Penny's instructions after that. I think when you tried it before, you just didn't have any picture "selected".



We'll get it! Smile



Char




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 1222
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject:
 
scubachar wrote:
OK, kchick, have a wonderful day...



I just want to say that when you go back into photobucket to find the picture you want to use, just make sure that the little box under it is checked....then you'll be able to follow Penny's instructions after that. I think when you tried it before, you just didn't have any picture "selected".



We'll get it! Smile



Char


Ok, I did it , and it still comes up less than 60kb and 200 pixels wide and high......................................... so what do I do now.......




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 3831
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject:
 
Gosh.... :?



What exactly did it say when you tried it this time? That might help us to help you....was it too small or too big still?



Here are Penny's instructions......



Quote:
go to the photbucket wesbite. Add your photo(s). then go to the HTML button. It will give you various options. Select the picture, go to the one that says "generate HTML and IMG Code". Click on that. Go to the section that indicates IMG Images for message boards. Click on that link and then right click. Click on "copy" Then go to this site and click on profile. Paste the site on the URL space but DELETE the "stuff" before http: and after jpg. Should look like [IMG]




When you tried it today, were you able to click on the "generate HTML and IMG Code" button this time? Were there several choices in front of you? I think the third one is the one that you want "IMG for thumbnails for message boards". Then, follow Penny's instructions.



I feel so sorry for you cause I know how frustrating it is to try to do something like this and not be able to figure it out. Everything I know about computers came after a lot of computerbash



I wish there was some way we could do it for you (could we, Joe?)



Char




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 5860
Location: Cayman Islands

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:
 
Char - Sorry, I have never even used Photobucket. I size all images in Photoshop and upload them with an FTP client. Like anything else with computers, it requires time and patience. :?



You can upload images up to 150px to our server if you want. Just go to the avatar section of your profile and click "browse". Then find it on your computer. It will upload to our server and resize it downwardly if need be.


_________________
Joe Stebbins, Editor
Cayman Activity Guide Main Website | Current Issue Online | Money Saving Coupons | Frequently Asked Questions


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
0 person likes this post.

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 1222
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:
 
scubachar wrote:
Gosh.... :?



What exactly did it say when you tried it this time? That might help us to help you....was it too small or too big still?



Here are Penny's instructions......



Quote:
go to the photbucket wesbite. Add your photo(s). then go to the HTML button. It will give you various options. Select the picture, go to the one that says "generate HTML and IMG Code". Click on that. Go to the section that indicates IMG Images for message boards. Click on that link and then right click. Click on "copy" Then go to this site and click on profile. Paste the site on the URL space but DELETE the "stuff" before http: and after jpg. Should look like [IMG]




When you tried it today, were you able to click on the "generate HTML and IMG Code" button this time? Were there several choices in front of you? I think the third one is the one that you want "IMG for thumbnails for message boards". Then, follow Penny's instructions.



I feel so sorry for you cause I know how frustrating it is to try to do something like this and not be able to figure it out. Everything I know about computers came after a lot of computerbash



I wish there was some way we could do it for you (could we, Joe?)



Char


It keeps telling me that the avatar can onlybe less than 60kb, and only 200pixels wide and high I have no idea what that means....... but I do know that it isn't working for me! I could do everything that you said, but I get the same answer everytime!




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 3831
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:
 
Oh my gosh! I think your avatar is 180 KB, and it's not supposed to be more than 60KB. It's BEAUTIFUL, though!



Joe, is there any way that we can do her avatar for her?



I really love the picture!



Char




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 1222
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject:
 
What did I do wrong...................I take it I should just pick one of Joe's avatars..........................................Sorry!




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 3831
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject:
 
I loaded your picture into my own photobucket account this morning. Here is the tag you are supposed to use (I think).









Try pasting this into the second box on your profile for "Update Avatar for a URL". Penny says you have to delete some of the stuff, but I would try it both ways. First try it without deleting anything, and then try by deleting the stuff she says to delete.



Hopefully, this will work, but as far as I know, it's what you've already tried to do!



Oh my! I didn't expect this to actually show the picture, and not just the words!!



OK, here's what you should do! Click on my picture above, which is the right size and try to load it onto your computer. Now you have it the right size. You should then be able to use the first box in your profile which asks you to browse and choose a picture from your own computer. If you download mine onto your computer, it is already the right size, thanks to photobucket.



Good luck!



Char



Edited By : scubachar Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:20:12 -0500
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 5860
Location: Cayman Islands

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject:
 
I fixed it, using the link Char provided - Thanks Char.



Paul - Email me your avatar picture and I will fix it. The image you send needs to be at least 150px wide. Wink


_________________
Joe Stebbins, Editor
Cayman Activity Guide Main Website | Current Issue Online | Money Saving Coupons | Frequently Asked Questions


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
0 person likes this post.

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 1222
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:
 
scubachar wrote:
I loaded your picture into my own photobucket account this morning. Here is the tag you are supposed to use (I think).









Try pasting this into the second box on your profile for "Update Avatar for a URL". Penny says you have to delete some of the stuff, but I would try it both ways. First try it without deleting anything, and then try by deleting the stuff she says to delete.



Hopefully, this will work, but as far as I know, it's what you've already tried to do!



Oh my! I didn't expect this to actually show the picture, and not just the words!!



OK, here's what you should do! Click on my picture above, which is the right size and try to load it onto your computer. Now you have it the right size. You should then be able to use the first box in your profile which asks you to browse and choose a picture from your own computer. If you download mine onto your computer, it is already the right size, thanks to photobucket.



Good luck!



Char


Thanks! Looks like Joe fixed it. I don't know why my pictures are too big! I don't think that I will change it for a looooonnng time! When I went on my trip, I could not have a camera or a video camera, that was my son's orders. I have to rely on what they took, I am a camera, or picture taker, and I love to video tape, so my son said that if I brought that I would never see the island but only through a lens. Next time, video camera and my camera are going, I don't care what anyone says! Thanks for all the help! Pam




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

kinchieReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer
Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Posts: 24
Location: Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: How To Get an Avatar
 
I looked under FAQs and it seems I need to ask so I'm asking how do I get an avatar? Smile


_________________
kinchie

Edited By : scubachar Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:02:29 -0400
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0 person likes this post.

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 5860
Location: Cayman Islands

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:
 
kinchie - Go to your profile and click on Show Gallery. Put a dot next to the avatar you want and cick Select Avatar.


_________________
Joe Stebbins, Editor
Cayman Activity Guide Main Website | Current Issue Online | Money Saving Coupons | Frequently Asked Questions


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
0 person likes this post.
Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 5860
Location: Cayman Islands

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:
 
kinchie - Did you hit Submit after making your avatar selection? Please do as Celine mentioned and activate your trip countdown while you are in there when you have time.


_________________
Joe Stebbins, Editor
Cayman Activity Guide Main Website | Current Issue Online | Money Saving Coupons | Frequently Asked Questions


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
0 person likes this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
Display posts from previous:   
User Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot bump topics in this forum

 
Jump to:  


Skin Created by: Sigma12
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group