Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 78.7°F / 25.9°C | Humidity: 80% | Pressure: 29.96in / 1014hPa () | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 2.3mph / 3.7km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
 Local News:  Hurdles battle tipped as one to watch    Retail Dart boss makes mystery sudden exit     Skateboard series comes to Cayman    Dangerous driver sentenced to five years    Teen remanded for street robbery    Bail granted in cocaine import case    Veterinarian returns home    Online poll: Most call for punishment for unruly pupils    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ManiacReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Avatar Help and Information

Ok, for the experts on this board ...

Can I use a photo that I have on my computer as my avatar? If so, how is it done?

Help is appreciated!

Thanks.

0 person likes this post.

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(17)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject:

pjl - Go to your profile and under avatars, there is a line that says "Upload Avatar from your machine". On the right side of that, click "browse" and find the image on your computer. Then hit "submit". Very Happy

pjlReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Joe!

I thought that would be the way to do it but I did not want blow anything up without instructions first! Very Happy

Look out for my new avatar that will be my two awesome kiddos!

As always, Joe, you are awesome! Laughing

Penny

pjlReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

It's a MIRACLE :o

I have tried for days to get my avatar changed. Then decided to send the photo to photobucket but had no clue.

I finally did it! Cheers

Celine, I now know how you felt. What a chore.

These are my kiddos. My son was born in Cayman and my daughter in Austin, TX.

You are in trouble now that I know how to do this. You get to see them through all of the seasons Wink

One of these days you will see photos of them in Cayman.

Penny

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Hi Penny -

Your new avatar is great! It looks like your kids had a blast at that pool party!

I've thought about changing mine too, but haven't attempted it yet.

I posted some pictures a few months ago, but I am having problems doing it again today! Mad I even had the nerve to give out advice to other people about this. Embarassed Why oh why did I do that? Bash I will try again later...

I will look forward to your changing avatar and any other pictures you would like to post!

gardengirl

sun

dancing

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Joe Stebbins wrote:
pjl - Go to your profile and under avatars, there is a line that says "Upload Avatar from your machine". On the right side of that, click "browse" and find the image on your computer. Then hit "submit". Very Happy

Joe,

I have tried , but it says my picture is over 60 something, what do I need to do next, if anything.........

pjlReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Ok, now that I am an expert like Celine -----

go to the photbucket wesbite. Add your photo(s). then go to the HTML button. It will give you various options. Select the picture, go to the one that says "generate HTML and IMG Code". Click on that. Go to the section that indicates IMG Images for message boards. Click on that link and then right click. Click on "copy" Then go to this site and click on profile. Paste the site on the URL space but DELETE the "stuff" before http: and after jpg. Should look like [IMG]

Hope this helps! It worked for me!

Penny

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject:

pjl wrote:
Ok, now that I am an expert like Celine -----

go to the photbucket wesbite. Add your photo(s). then go to the HTML button. It will give you various options. Select the picture, go to the one that says "generate HTML and IMG Code". Click on that. Go to the section that indicates IMG Images for message boards. Click on that link and then right click. Click on "copy" Then go to this site and click on profile. Paste the site on the URL space but DELETE the "stuff" before http: and after jpg. Should look like [IMG]

Hope this helps! It worked for me!

Penny

Penny, When you say the HTML button, I don't seem to have one on my photo bucket, I can find the generate HTML and IMG Code, but can't click onto that to open anything, help?

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I keep exceeding the 60mk thing, so I will have to use this one for now, I can't find my old one as I deleted it. Oh well, I tried!

gardengirlReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Good job! Very Happy Very pretty picture kchick! Cool

gardengirl

sun

dancing

editted to add -

p.s. Sorry, I didn't realize you were still having trouble with this. I do like the starfish though. Good Luck with the sizing issue. I will keep watching for your new avatar. Smile

Last edited by gardengirl on Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Edited By : gardengirl Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:39:03 -0500

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject:

I need to find a way to make my pictures smaller in size so that I can use it for my avatar. I do not know how to do that, so I could use some help please! anyone can pm me so it won't take up space on this topic. Thanks! kchick

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(17)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject:

kchick - You need a photo manipulation program like Photoshop. Most computers come bundled with some kind of photo program. Wink

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject:

Hmmmmm.....I'm going to try to help with this, even though I haven't ever changed my avatar. I went into photobucket to see if I could follow Penny's wonderful suggestions. I'm guessing that the reason the button "create HTML and IMG tags" didn't open anything up was because you may not have "selected" your image. Try it again.....underneath your image that you are trying to use, there is a little check box. Check that. Then go back down to the button, and now it should open.

Then, you should be able to follow Penny's instructions from there.

The only other alternative is to reduce the size of your image that is on your computer, without going through photobucket.....I see that they cannot exceed 60 KB to be used as an avatar, which is the message that you must keep seeing.

I'll bet if you just go back to photobucket and put a little checkmark under your photo, all will be fine!

Char

pjlReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject:

That is the reason I went to photobucket. I did not have a program to resize the photos. Once I downloaded the pic to photobucket, I had no problem after deleting the {IMG] before and after the script under >>>Message Board .... It did it automatically.

Celine, no, my son does not have dual citizenship. Cayman rules are very strict and I do not blame them. However, I dealt with an absolute I... here in the States in order to get him a social security number. I went on numuerous occassions and this one guy gave me the hardest time. I finally had to ask for a supervisor and she acted as though I were the id... :o Questioned why I did not explain to him the situation. I told her that this my was third trip and he just did not get it. Finally at the age of 4 he got a social security number Very Happy

Thanks for the compliments on my kiddos! They are awesome and I am so fortunate to have such caring, kind children! Embarassed Every time I read a trip report, they love to look at the pictures and cannot wait to visit Cayman Very Happy

Love you all,

Penny

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject:

I've got a new one too. Any advice on making it bigger?...... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions