Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 84 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Solana Restaurant at Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | Reviews 4.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Solana Restaurant at Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | Reviews
Rated: 4.5 stars out of 5 (184 ratings)

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Solana Restaurant at Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | Reviews

Solana at the Marriott offers scenic ocean views with a unique island type seating, surrounded by their turtle lagoon, directly overlooking the ocean. They offer a unique gourmet menu of international food prepared by a staff of international award winning chefs.

Contact Sebastian for reservations

Phone: 345-949-0088

0 person likes this post.

cindylouReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Solana Restaurant at Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | Reviews

Solana is a wonderful ocean-front restaurant located directly on the beach at the Marriott Beach Resort. Their food is excellent and prices are affordable.
Look for specials in our coupon section; always book direct and mention Activity Guide. Location: Seven Mile Beach, Map 3/C-10. Phone: 949-0088.

I promised to write about our noshing while staying at the Marriott until our home is ready. I've already mentioned part of it in another thread which I won't repeat too much.

Upon arrival we were famished so after checking in we headed straight for Solana and had a wonderful table beachside. Service was great and the conch chowder with plantain chips my favorite. The fish and chips made with grouper were light, moist and crunchy and we were definitely full up because the portion sizes are very nice!!!!

After much running around we caught up with girl-child at the beach bar in the early evening and she decided she was hungry and although we were both still pretty full from lunchtime we thought a light noshing wouldn't hurt so we again chose Solana as we happened to be right there!

Again, wonderful service, the chef came out and said hi and just fabulous. Girl-child hat the mushroom stuffed ravioli and as she sat there munching away with a glazed happy look on her face I'm guessing it was pretty good eating.

Hubby and I decided to do some appetizers so we had the coconut shrimp the scallops and the duck confit, can you say YUMMMMMMMYYYYYY The scallops came glazed in a sugar cane type sauce and were tender, moist and melt in your mouth delish!. The coconut shrimp had just the right amount of coconut, not too much to where you lost the taste of the shrimp and a lovely crunch to them. Hubby concentrated on the duck confit with foisgras and was rolling his eyes and making moans of ecstasy so again I'm guessing it was pretty good! Watching the cruise ships all lit up pulling out to sea was an added delight.

For breakfast this morning we toddled on down to the Red Parrot for a bit of breakie and again it was lovely. I opted for the buffet the minute I saw that lox was in the plan! There was a nice selection of fruit, cold meats and cheeses, lots of pastries and bagels and the lox (yummy with all the condiments) pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sasuage and an omelet station. Derek opted for the Eggs Benedict and pronounced it as being delicious as well.

I only wish we had continued our trend and had lunch at Solana again or one of the places recommended in the CAG because it was not a happy experience Mad Mad and the less said about that the better!

If you are staying at the Marriott then definitely give both places a try. The service is extremely friendly and efficient, the food delectable and portion sizes just right and if at Solana then the view can't be beat either.

Cindy Lou Who

theonewhoifshekeepsupthispaceofeatingwillnotfitinherclothesforwork!

PS - all spelling errors are due to my eyes wandering out to the view of the sea every few seconds

1 person likes this post.

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject:

Oh Joe... you're gonna make me Crying or Very sad The fish and chips at the Treehouse were the best. (But then so were the ones at Island Taste, where the Hard Rock is now... I miss that place too!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

tracyaReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject:

Joe,

Which Marriott are you talking about or is there only one??? My bad, I only familiar with the one next to the C. Suites.

ISLABONITAReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Marriott Restaurant

Hi, I have read numerous times about the all you can eat lobster fest at the Marriott on Wednesday nights.

How much is that? and is there a discount in the activity guide?

Going in December.

thanks for your reply.

ISLABONITAReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject:

oh I found it... Solana restaurant..$50 not many good reviews on Activity Guide though

1 person likes this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants
Page 1 of 1

Rate as     
4.5 Star Rating  based on 184 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions