Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 84 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Lobster Pot Restaurant | VIDEO | MENU | Reviews | Discounts | OPEN AGAIN! 4.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Lobster Pot Restaurant | VIDEO | MENU | Reviews | Discounts | OPEN AGAIN!
Rated: 4.5 stars out of 5 (129 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Lobster Pot Restaurant | VIDEO | MENU | Reviews | Discounts | OPEN AGAIN!

Lobster Pot Restaurant
Famous for over thirty years...
Spectacular lobster and local cuisine. Perched 20 feet directly above the water, offering spectacular panoramic ocean and sunset views. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
Always book direct and mention Activity Guide. Location: Seven Mile Beach/George Town border. Map 4/A-19. Phone: 949-0088.

NOTE: Video and Photos are NOT yet updated to their new building. Check back often for the latest updates.

Established in 1965, and operated by the same family for over twenty-five years, Lobster Pot has gained legendary status as one of the island?s most popular and highly cherished restaurants.

Perched high above sea level, every seat offers a breathtaking majestic view of the ocean, passing ships, local fishermen returning to clean their catch, and nightly fish feeding; their beauty and charm is unsurpassed.

With decades of proven recipes, they are regarded throughout the world for many signature dishes such as their unique version of conch fritters and conch chowder. Fresh fish has a whole new meaning here as most of their seafood is purchased live, directly off the boat just moments before preparation. Local favorites include: Sesame Seared Tuna, Snapper with Almonds and Saut?ed Bananas, Wahoo, Mahi-Mahi, and of course... Lobster!? prepared for you in every conceivable delicious style imaginable. A must-try is their Cayman Trio: Lobster Tail, Garlic Shrimp and Grilled Mahi Mahi ? served with Rice & Beans, Vegetables and Plantains. If you?re not in the mood for seafood, they offer exciting selections of chicken, turtle and certified Angus beef dishes.

They offer a very well-selected affordable wine list and their wine bar is also renown for its exotic tropical drinks, including Miss Mona?s famous punches and an extraordinary Banana Daiquiri. After dinner, an exciting assortment of fresh desserts await you.

Visit their newly remodeled wine bar nightly from 5:00 to 7:00pm for spectacular martini specials and free Hour D? oeuvres.

For the very best in authentic gourmet Caribbean food, served by a knowledgeable friendly staff in one of the most beautiful settings on the island, come to Lobster Pot for the evening of a lifetime. You will quickly see why they have been famous for over thirty years!

Conveniently located at the start of George Town (map 4/A-20). Plenty of free parking.

Call for reservations: 1-345-949-2736

0 person likes this post.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Joe,

You're torturing me here! Does that look GREAT or what? And now, martini specials and free hors d'ouerves-we are definitely going back there this summer!

Celine

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Celine - I noticed you mentioned that you liked the "Pot" in a previous post. I thought it would be fun to 'tease' you a little. Laughing

Lynn*Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Joe, thanks for the great review, I couldn't agree more. We eat there every time we visit and Lobster Pot is close to the top of our list of "Top TEN" Cayman restaurants!

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Joe,

Hurtful, hurtful, hurtful. Are we going to have to give YOU a "timeout" for bad behavior or what?

Actually, I like the idea of the once a week with a new restaurant-I know EVERYONE likes the Reef Grill and I'm curious to see how the beach bar (do you notice a trend with me there?) is doing? Actually, love rum punch but love more listening to a band and pretending to know how to dance.

Anyway, can you do a review/photo on them sometime please?

Have a good weekend everyone,

Celine

Rumrunner01Reply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

The Lobster Pot is where my hubby and I had our 1 week anniversary dinner at. I loved it! I especially liked watching them feed the Tarpon! :fish2: Oh, the food was to die for too!!!

Jana

cornelliaReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject:

I know it's not a local fish, but their salmon and what they do with it is out of this world :-D dine

jlwest73Reply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Mmmmm....making me hungry

Wade & I ate at the Lobster Pot on our first trip to Cayman in 1996 (our honeymoon). We are STILL talking about how good it was. We were young newlyweds and we were SO broke after a week on the island, but we went there anyway and totally SPLURGED on a huge lobster tail dinner for our last dinner of the week (Wade also had a Cuban cigar for dessert).

If there still that good, and it sound like they are, I'm sorry we missed it on our trip last year, but we'll be going this year for sure.

Bye now - I have to go find something to eat..... :-D

mjjpfReply with quote
Frequent Flyer
Credits:
(1)

Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject:

cornellia wrote:
I know it's not a local fish, but their salmon and what they do with it is out of this world :-D dine

Hi Cornellia

What do they do with the salmon, being a major salmon lover it sounds tempting.

MJ

And the band played on.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Here's one of my favorite Salmon Dishes at Lobster Pot. I included the recipe and this gave me an other idea. idea Check the recipe section. Wink

Lobster Pot

Lobster Stuffed Chilean

Salmon Fillet

Fish Ingredients:

? 6 oz fresh Chilean Salmon Filet

? 3 oz fresh lobster meat carefully cleaned and cut into small chunks

? 1 oz garlic butter

Balsamic Reduction:

? 2 cup aged balsamic vinegar

? 1 cup Cayman honey

? 2 bay leafs

? 1 tbs black pepper corn

? 2oz fresh ginger

Risotto Ingredients:

? 1/2 cup Arborio rice

? 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock

? 1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc

? 2 small shallots

? 1 bay leaf

? 1 sprig of fresh thyme

Balsamic Reduction:

Bring all ingredients to a boil, simmer until reduced by half. Strain and set aside.

Seafood Preparation:

Saut? lobster chunks in garlic butter for one minute and set aside. Cut pocket into salmon filet and fill with saut?ed lobster.

Broil stuffed salmon in preheated oven at 450oF for five minutes. Be careful not to overcook as salmon will become dry very quickly.

Risoto Preparation:

Saut? finely chopped shallots and rice in oil until rice is translucent. Add white wine, cook and stir until dissolved. Add stock in small amounts and keep stirring on low heat. Add fresh herbs, repeat until all stock is used. Remove from heat and stir in grated parmesan cheese.

Pour balsamic reduction onto plate and place salmon on top. Serve with a scoop of risoto rice and fresh steamed asparagus.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject:

YUM...........sounds as good as it looks! Wasn't it Smuggler's Cove that used to have the lobster stuffed filet? This sounds BETTER!

Really is making my lunch salad and wedding soup seem pretty pathetic though.............. Crying or Very sad with water!!!!!!!!

Celine

mjjpfReply with quote
Frequent Flyer
Credits:
(1)

Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:

Thanks Joe ThumbsUp

Looks and sounds yummy, I have to get me one of them dine. I am getting ready to chow down on my Cajun chicken special, but that salmon looks great.

Celine

Did you enjoy your lunch salad rolllaugh .

MJ

And the band played on.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject:

split this is me running for something better to eat........stupid, stupid salad. Rolling Eyes

Celine

mjjpfReply with quote
Frequent Flyer
Credits:
(1)

Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject:

Celine wrote:
split this is me running for something better to eat........stupid, stupid salad. Rolling Eyes

Celine

Celine

Liked the flash Laughing, have a great day.

MJ

And the band played on.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject:

Is the Lobster Pot open for lunch? Celine

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Rate as     
4.5 Star Rating  based on 129 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions