Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 77.9°F / 25.5°C | Humidity: 84% | Pressure: 29.92in / 1013hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 2.3mph / 3.7km/h | Water Temperature: 86 ° F
 Local News:  Fifth local case of Chikungunya confirmed in WB    Financial facelift with new $100 bills    Flamingo flock blown off course    Fishing 'camp' sparks complaints    Bartender makes a splash for foster kids    HBO ends dispute with WestStar    Health City featured in marketing documentary    Marketing conference scheduled for November    Food certification courses for Pirates Week vendors    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Christmas Plans

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

divesergeantReply with quote
Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Christmas Plans

Hi all,

I hope the Christmas season is finding everyone well.

What plans do you all have for the holidays?

We're having Christmas dinner at our home. There should be about 15 or so folks here.

I have a relatively new oil free turkey fryer. Works just like the big kettles of oil, but works on infrared heat. Turkeys are just as yummy, but the whole process is much less mess.

Throw some side-dishes in the works and several pies and it should be a good dinner.

If the weather cooperates perhaps we'll do a bonfire to wrap things up with Christmas music piped outside on our deck speakers.

Anyone else...?
DS

7 people like this post.

caymancaseReply with quote
Activity Representative0
Activity Representative

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DS~ I will be diving Smile Of course! Miss you guys. Have a very Merry Christmas! Kisses to Mrs DS and the pooch Smile
PS~ that oil free cooker sounds interesting....

2 people like this post.

shellyReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject:

First time ever that no one is here with us for Christmas (hubby's BD too) so we're going to go to Tukka for brunch. Happy Holidays to everyone.

DS--that no oil fryer sounds interesting..let us know how it goes.

Shelly :-)

Next Vacation : 40 Days ( Grand Cayman )    Start : Dec/09/2014     End : Jan/08/2015

6 people like this post.

Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject:

We did a turkey last Christmas. It was great. No hot oil. Probably less calories? And the skin was just about as crunchy and scrumpdelicious as when I did them in the oil kettle. I got mine at Cabelas (ya gotta love that store) and really love it so far. I'll post an after-action report to let you know how this turkey comes out!

Casey- spending Christmas diving sounds like a great time. Inhale a bit of nitrox for Kelly and I!

Sadly, the big galumpy Labrador Retriever has passed away. He got ill this fall and we took the merciful route to keep him from suffering. We (especially Mrs DS since I am on midnight shift) sure miss him. He was such a perfect companion, and oh so adorable. Which he sure knew, too!

It is only a matter of time before she starts lobbying me for a new pup. Our breeder has a litter whose mother is a half sister of CJ. I'm quite surprised Mrs DS hasn't started to work on me... Cute Puppy Link

Shelly- tough gig spending Christmas on GCM. We've never done that. We did New Year's there once and it was great. Enjoy it some for us.

DS

7 people like this post.

mecllapReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I leave Saturday for two weeks in GC, oddly a solo trip (not able to bring along my daughter and grandson this time -- they're a bit annoyed). Guess I'll be basking on Cemetery Beach with a tuna sandwich on Christmas, maybe pork loin in the condo for dinner. I'm pretty used to traveling alone, and am self-sufficient; it will be a fun trip for me. Going to do tons of photography (just point and shoot) and explore a few nooks and crannies I haven't gotten to yet.

1 person likes this post.

fontanellaReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:

We'll be in Grand Cayman for the holidays. Thanks to all for the help we've gotten from this website, and happy holidays.

5 people like this post.

Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject:

OK, you guys are rubbing it in that you'll be there over the holidays. So, be sure to take lots of pictures to post to help the rest of us out.

DS

8 people like this post.

mecllapReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject:

well DS -- you asked!!! planning to take lots of pictures, but won't be able to post until I get back (having technical difficulties with my internet travel gadgets).

4 people like this post.
Credits:
(40)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject:

mecllap wrote:
well DS -- you asked!!! planning to take lots of pictures, but won't be able to post until I get back (having technical difficulties with my internet travel gadgets).

I understand. The tech/travel gizmos can be a pain sometimes. Sometimes it is nice to just not worry about them and enjoy the vacation.

8 people like this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions