Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 79.5°F / 26.4°C | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 30.01in / 1016hPa () | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 1.2mph / 1.9km/h | Water Temperature: 85 ° F
 Local News:  Haines takes another marathon in his stride    Track athletes finish Commonwealth run    Ebanks decisioned in the quarterfinals    More than ‘teething' problems with customs codes    Swim team not sunk by missing treasure    One new case of chikungunya    Not guilty plea in water company theft    Cayman establishes regional HIV evaluation    Health City's chief surgeon on heart duty    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

1st trip - Observation Tower? Fishing Charter?

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

eands1024Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: 1st trip - Observation Tower? Fishing Charter?

This site is full of so much wonderful information! I'm glad I found it before our trip. We'll be visiting Grand Cayman from 3/25 - 4/1. Since I haven't seen anything about Camana Bay on this site, I'm assuming it's a tourist trap, but the Observation Tower sounds neat. Can anyone tell me if it's worth the time? Also, my best friend and I willl be staying at Morritt's on the East End and I'm looking for an affordable (seriously) fishing charter. She LOVES to fish and this trip is in celebration of her 40th birthday, so I would love to surprise her with day or 1/2 day of fishing! I've emailed Oh Boy for a discounted quote and am awaiting a reply. I also plan to email Morritt's for a price from the charter they use. If anyone else has any suggestions/recommendations, I would sincerely appreciate your input!

0 person likes this post.

eands1024Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Crickets...

I don't think I put this under the appropriate topic. I didn't see how to choose one when I posted.
By the way, I booked a Stingray City tour with Soto Cruises, as recommended on this site. Kerry was very prompt in her reply to my requested date and in answering my questions. The discount via Activity Guide is not offered at this time, but the rate is still very fair.

caldrewReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject:

We took Soto's tour last year & would recommend it to anyone. It was not packed & they took time with everyone. It was a very good experience.

LiberdadeReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Observation Tower

Hi Newbie! If you happen to see this before you leave Grand Cayman, I would suggest that you do indeed check out the Observation Tower in Camana Bay. The floor to ceiling mosaic is pretty cool and the view is nice. The water foutains there are fun for kids too. Don't know if you are bringing family. Both tower and fountains are free. It's close to 7 mile beach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions