Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 86.7°F / 30.4°C | Humidity: 67% | Pressure: 29.95in / 1014hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
 Local News:  Charity needs furniture for half-way house    Sea search on for men missing from troubled boat    Cubans on run as centre struggles with security    Work underway to repair key GT highway    Police go undercover for kids    Online poll: Sunday trading up to market    Police warn of Easter burglary threat    Premier rings in Oxbridge on NASDAQ    Easter Week services    Nomination process for annual Nurse of the Year award opens    Medical tourism forms available    Enjoy bun and cheese in moderation    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

loggin in problems

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: loggin in problems

I don't know why but three times since April 20th I have not been automatically logged in...which is what I checked off on the Log In page. I requested and received a new password on that date and twice since I have been unable to get in....after I type in my user name the password reverts to an old password I guess and I have to find my current one........whassup? Has anyone else had this problem? I don't have it on any other site where a password has been required and my computer is working fine, considering who is using it.

Anyway, in all the years I've been on this board, I haven't had this happen but once before and now, all of a sudden, three times in less than a month........is someone trying to tell me something? Has word gotten out that I haven't been to Cayman since JUNE.....that I drink more than my fair share of rum punch there....that I eat more at Portofino's Sunday brunch then most men.........that I can't stop petting PALM trees.........that I scream in the rental car when there's even the most remote chance that we might hit that crab crossing the road.....that we feed the cats that apparently are also owners at our resort........that I ask the bartenders at the beach bar to switch their music to, well, to a local singer/songwriter with no shoes.......that I'm always dripping wet with snorkel marks on my face? What?

If it's anything worse than that.......just never mind....I'm sensitive.

0 person likes this post.

MikeReply with quote
Status Member
Credits:
(25)

Status Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject:

My guess Celine...the snorkel marks!! Mr. Green

flaxxReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject:

Celine, your affliction is obvious to me because I too suffer from loss of automatic login-itis.

My diagnosis has led me to believe the problem is due to location, location, location. If you notice, we both live in the northeast US, however, I find that when visiting family and friends in warmer climates, the auto login always works. Thus, the cure is to move (retire) to a place with white sand beaches, warm blue water and friendly people. Until I can make that goal come true, I will continue to suffer through this chronic ailment.

Seriously though, have a great time in August on the East End (as I remember both of us prefer the quiet on that side).

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject:

Mike...after just listening to political commentary/news on the radio and tv, I wouldn't have believed ANYTHING could make me laugh, but that comment was FUNNY!I will, however, no longer be "speaking" with the likes of you.

Flaxx.........I think your suggestion to MOVE is an excellent one and it'll just take me a minute to pack...please inform hubby there will be no dinner made by my hands tonight or ever again in this city....only make that sound like a BAD thing!you know....punishment....NOT time to open up champagne and order out.

Now, if there are any REAL helpful peopleout there...I'm still wondering why this had only happened once in, what....5 years or so and now has happened 3 times in a month.

Celine

flaxxReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject:

The last time I looked I was a REAL person. OK, what you want is a REAL answer.

I can't say why it is happening now but I do have a suggestion as to a way to try and correct or workaround the problem and I am going to assume you are using a version of Internet Explorer.

First, somewhere on the top portion of your IE browser you should see the word 'Tools'. Click it to get the drop-down menu and then select the last entry that says 'Internet Options'. In the window that pops up, click on the 4th tab from the left which is labeled 'Content'. In the section called 'Auto Complete' hit the 'Settings' button.

In the new small window that pops up you'll see 4 boxes where you can place checkmarks. If the bottom 2 boxes (Usernames and passwords on forms, and Prompt me to save passwords) are not checked, then place checkmarks in them now. If they are already checked then I suggest to uncheck them, close out all open windows, including the browser, then reopen the browser and go back to the checkbox window and put the checkmarks back in. Close out all the windows using the OK buttons.

Lastly, go to the CAG site, log out if you are automatically logged in and then log in again (and yes you can check the box to automatically log you in). This time a window should popup asking if you want Windows to remember the password. Hit the 'Yes' button.

Now, if you ever lose your auto-logon, all you need do is click twice in the Username box and you'll see your username appear below the box. Select it and your password should autmatically populate its textbox.

That all I got for you Celine. Maybe Joe has an explanation or suggestion.

shellyReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject:

wow flaxx--quite the computer guy!

Occasionally I get logged out for no apparent reason,but as soon as I put my password in I'm okay. Haven't run into the same problems that you have Celine, but sure have enjoyed everyone's commentary on the situation!

Shellly :-)

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject:

flaxx..........I love you. Thanks!

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(16)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Hi Celine: It's great to see you and I hope all is well.

It sounds like flaxx did a better job of explaining that I could.

If you encounter any other problems please don't hesitate to ask.

flaxxReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the kind words Joe and Shelly.

And Celine... WOW, I'm blushing. Embarassed
And I want to thank you regarding your posts on Economy (Discount) car rental. I've used Andy's in the past but next time I will check out this other suggestion.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject:

flaxx........with regard to Economy info...you are more than welcome. We use both Andy's and Economy and have never had a problem with either....think, but not sure, that we gave Economy a try one year because Andy's didn't have the little tiny cars that my hubby and I have to be folded up into to drive but I wanted and it turned out their prices were better....I'm sure it fluctuates with the time of the year, etc. but I would never hesitate to use either one. The one thing I really liked about Economy was that there are virtually no lines (!) and it's a slightly easier walk to the place when you have a parent with you....and one thing I really liked about Andy's was when we got a car who's trunk was too little, they gave us a larger one at no extra charge when I mentioned I was a member of this board. Kinda like being in First Class...unless you go with USAir Smile.....you know, special treatment.

flaxxReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject:

Celine,

I agree with you regarding Andy's. We also have never had a problem with them. One year my wife didn't like the smell in the car so they upgraded us to an Explorer (no charge). And we've experienced the same issue with walking across the parking lot and street with elderly parents.

Good to know there is an alternative that people like as well. The unfortunate part is I need to wait until next year to try them. I am really having Cayman withdrawl symptoms this year. Thanks to Joe and all the people who post on CAG at least I get a little "fix" each day and something to look forward to.

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject:

flaxx.......know what you mean about this board supplying a Cayman "fix" for those of us who have to wait TOO long for our next trip to paradise....my hubby knows, that with this economy, I can do without a lot, but NOT Cayman! Sadly, truthfully....I feel like such a trooper for not complaining TOO much that we're only going once this year........some people wait a lifetime for a trip to paradise and I'm truly grateful every time we go.........but................................................................AUGUST......YIKES!!!!!

Celineislanddreamin'asalways

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Activity Guide Announcements and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions