Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 79.5°F / 26.4°C | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 30.01in / 1016hPa () | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 1.2mph / 1.9km/h | Water Temperature: 85 ° F
 Local News:  Haines takes another marathon in his stride    Track athletes finish Commonwealth run    Ebanks decisioned in the quarterfinals    More than ‘teething' problems with customs codes    Swim team not sunk by missing treasure    One new case of chikungunya    Not guilty plea in water company theft    Cayman establishes regional HIV evaluation    Health City's chief surgeon on heart duty    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Dead diver identified

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Cayman Islands News and Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  

JKmanReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Dead diver identified

Quote:
A US man who passed away following a diving trip on Cayman’s North Wall this week has been identified as 51–year–old Martin Richard Linley.

Mr. Linley, an experienced diver, became unwell and lost consciousness during the Monday morning trip. The RCIPS Marine Unit and staff members from Resort Sports administered CPR to no avail. Mr. Linley was pronounced dead at George Town Hospital later that day.

His wife, Elizabeth, was on the dive trip with him.

According to reports from Mr. Linley’s hometown of Santa Rosa, California, he was the junior varsity soccer coach at Analy High School.

Mr. Linley was originally from England, and first came to the US in the mid–1980’s.

I'd have bet money it was Resort Sports before I even read the article. That whole resort and everything assocaited with it should be condemned!

0 person likes this post.

shellyReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject:

What is Resort Sports? ( Do you mean a resort dive course or is Resort Sports the name of a business?) the article said that he was an experienced diver.

Next Vacation : 131 Days ( Grand Cayman )    Start : Dec/09/2014     End : Jan/08/2015

Steve DeMayoReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject:

OMG Im very curious what happed!!!

JKmanReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject:

shelly wrote:
What is Resort Sports? ( Do you mean a resort dive course or is Resort Sports the name of a business?) the article said that he was an experienced diver.

Resort Sports is the dive company for Beach Club, the whole thing should be torn down! Stayed there about 8 years ago when I was young and stupid. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

northern lightsReply with quote
Frequent Flyer
Credits:
(1)

Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Diving Deaths

In light of the most recent death on Dec 30, I'm wondering if whoever collects statistics on diving deaths and diving accidents in the Cayman Islands is noticing a statistically significant spike. How often do deaths or accidents occur? Are people left to their own wits to select reputable operators or is there any governmental regulation? Coming from Canada, we can hardly turn around without the government regulating us, so I'm just curious how it works in the Caymans.

shellyReply with quote
Native
Credits:
(6)

Native

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I heard that Beach Club is closing very soon!

Next Vacation : 131 Days ( Grand Cayman )    Start : Dec/09/2014     End : Jan/08/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Cayman Islands News and Events
Page 1 of 1
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions