Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 78.0°F / 25.6°C | Humidity: 88% | Pressure: 29.96in / 1015hPa () | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 1.2mph / 1.9km/h | Water Temperature: 87 ° F
 Local News:  Gallery remembers Ivan ten years on     NWDA goes on the road to help job-seekers    DVDL issues warning on heavy equipment imports    Chamber seeks update on GT development    Man's jeans were cut to hide crack cocaine    Extra flight to Kingston offered    New Customs codes in effect    Recent changes to work permit forms 'minor'    Bikers support canine charity    Photo exhibit recalls Hurricane Ivan    
FAQFAQ TOSTOS SearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Villas Of The Galleon | Discount and Photos 4.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Villas Of The Galleon | Discount and Photos
Rated: 4.5 stars out of 5 (53 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(18)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Villas Of The Galleon | Reviews | Photos | Discount

Villas of the Galleon condos are one of the properties on our where you will be given a generous discount for being an Activity Guide member. They are one of only 6 condos on Seven Mile Beach that I have given my personal recommendation, after a thorough evaluation of every condominium on Seven Mile Beach.

I highly recommend this condo to anyone seeking very affordable accommodations with a nice beach and excellent snorkeling. They are directly in the heart of Seven Mile Beach in close proximity to many shops and restaurants.

With ocean-view rooms starting at under $300/night, this is one of most affordable condos on the island, let alone the heart of Seven Mile Beach!

Amenities Include:

Private 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Courtyard, Oceanview and Oceanfront units

Each Bedroom has its own Full Bath

Fully Equipped Kitchen

Central Air Conditioning as well as Ceiling Fans

Cable T.V.

Telephone and Free High-Speed Internet access in all units

Charcoal Grills available

All Linens, Bath Towels and Beach Towels provided

Lounge Chairs and Umbrellas provided on the Beach

Exercise Equipment

Guest Washer and Dryer facilities available on site

Daily Maid service except on Sundays

Cribs, Highchairs, and Rollaways available upon advance request

On Site Manager

24-Hour Security

Note: This property does not have a pool.

Following are the latest rack rates.

Use our Hotel Search for Special Discount Rates.

Winter 2006/2007 Nightly Rates

Courtyard View Ocean View Ocean Front

One Bedroom

(1-2 Persons) One Bedroom

(1-2 Persons)

N/A $420 $510

Two Bedrooms

(1-4 Persons) Two Bedrooms

(1-4 Persons)

$525 $575 $650

Three Bedrooms

(1-6 Persons) Three Bedrooms

(1-6 Persons)

$650 $750 $850

Summer 2007 Nightly Rates

Courtyard View Ocean View Ocean Front

One Bedroom

(1-2 Persons)

N/A $295 $360

Two Bedrooms

(1-4 Persons)

$300 $350 $425

Three Bedrooms

(1-6 Persons)

$400 $500 $600

0 person likes this post.

hayesfjReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Restaurants near Villas of the Galleon

Hi All!

I love this web site - thank you to everyone for all your input.

My family is heading down to the Caymans in June Cool this will be our third trip, but sadly Sad our last visit was 15 years ago. We are going to stay at Villas of the Galleon in between the Westin and the Ritz. What restaurants are within walking distance? Any of these resonably priced?

Cheers! martini --Pam

mx4789Reply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Hi! We'll be at the Villas in mid-late June.

We discovered Legendz (sports bar) late in our last trip. Their menu was very affordable and had a huge variety of food! There are lots of places to eat (see map in activity guide) nearby, but don't let that stop you. Once you get the hang of jumping on the bus for $2 or so, you'll be cruising up and down West Bay Rd like a pro.

hayesfjReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks and have a great trip!

eCaymansReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject:

If you like sushi Bamboo at the Hyatt was nice and Hemmingway's is a nice meal, but more expensive than most places. The Hyatt is not too far and I'd consider it walkable, but the bus is always an easy option.

I'm sure the Ritz has some nice places too, but for the sake of my wallet I stayed clear of there.

Sunshine grill is right across the street from the Villas and has the same type of food as Legendz/Eats Cafe. I found them to have more reasonable prices, but not quite the selection. If you are looking for a good drink after a hot day, I suggest the Painkiller. As harsh as it sounds, it's actually pretty fruity, and still gets the job done.

GL.

jamesciReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject:

If you are looking for relatively inexpensive, but good food, try EATS. It's across the street and just north of Villas - an easy walk if you want.

hayesfjReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Highly recommend!

I just returned from an 8 nights stay at the Villa of the Galleon and it was wonderful! The location was super - located on a beautiful part of 7 mile beach and within easy walking distance to Foster's and many restaurants. In addition it is situated inbetween the Westin and the Ritz so you can take advantage of their many water sport and dinning options.

There isn't a pool, but who needs it with a beautiful beach and crystal clear water. There is also a conviniently located shower so you can rinse off the salt water if you desire before relaxing on the beach with a drink in hand. The beach is lined with trees so there is plenty of shade to escape the hot afternoon sun. If you felt so inclined, you could probably sneak over to the pool at the Westin or Ritz.

This is also a great place if you want to vacation with friends or family. You can either share a large unit or rent several smaller ones. This seemed to be a popular option. The complex offers charcoal grills so there were many a cookout.

Well, I could go on, but suffice it to say I was VERY happy Very Happy with VOG and highly recommend it. My only caution is that some units have a loft. This is only an issue if you and your spouse want privacy from your children. Twisted Evil

kristen1206Reply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject:

hayesfj....glad you had a great trip! Did you stay in unit #70? I believe I read that in another post. We are staying there too next year. How was it? How was the beach? Do you have any photos?

Thanks!!

hayesfjReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject:

Kristen,

Yes, we stayed in unit #70 and loved it. Very beautiful and comfortable with a wonderful view of the ocean. The beach is beautiful and the water absolutely clear. There are lots of regular and lounge chairs on the beach with trees for shade if desired. The shade was a huge plus for us because the afternoon sun is rather intense. The shade plus the constant breeze made it quite nice.

They used to have snorkel gear, but it wasn't there when we arrived. If you want to snorkel, bring your own or plan to rent at one of the local dive shops. The Westin charged $15/day for snorkel equipement whereas the dive shop we went to charged only $7/day. Sorry, I don't know the name, but it was the one near Wendy's. Turn right out of the complex and it will be about 2km on your left. Snorkeling at Governor's beach just past the Westin is very good though you do have to swim out a distance. Easy and wonderful snorkeling is at Eden's Rock. We tried Smith's Cove, but it was too rough on the day we went.

When are you going? How many in your party? Any kids? If you have any questions at all, please ask. We can always carry on a private discussion if you prefer.

In regards to pictures, you've seen the one's for this unit on the website, right? I don't think mine show anything additional.

Have a super trip! --Pam

kristen1206Reply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject:

Thanks Pam! We are not going til next June :-( We actually got married at VOG in 2003 so we are looking forward to going back. This time we will be traveling with my daughter who will be 3 at the time and my 2 step-kids who will be 9 and 12.

I didn't necessarily mean just pics of the condo but the beach, grounds and GC in general. If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to see!

Did you use the pool at the westin at all? I could care less about a pool but teh older kids are a little disappointed there isn't one at VOG. I think once they see the watre out front though they will chnage their mind.

Any restaurant or excursion recommendations?

You can feel free to send me a direct message too...

Thanks so much!

hayesfjReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject:

Kristen,

We used Oh Boy Charters for our snorkeling trip to Stingray City and the Coral Gardens - loved it! Transportation to and from the boat was great with the driver stopping to point out iguanas along the way. Once on the boat our guides, Denver and Charlie, were fantastic. We were never rushed.

We had reservations for the Marriott Dinner show on Friday, but cancelled when we learned the Westin had a similar offering that we could watch from our beach. Based on feedback from others on this sight, I'm hoping the Marriott show is LOTS better than the Westin show. I felt badly for the people that paid to attend the dinner and show. I can't speak for the food, but the show was very lame. My kids headed back to the condo before it was over!

We skipped the turtle farm as we did allot of snorkeling on our own around the island and couldn't see spending that much to see turtles. My husband and I also honeymooned at the Caymans (20 years ago) so we saw them then. If you take a taxi you can apparently get a voucher to see the turtles for $18US/adults and $9US/kids (under 12). I'm not sure the cost of the taxi.

Restaurants - Eats is great with wonderful prices. We had leftovers for lunch the next day. Legends is right next door. They have the same menu with a big difference being that Eats in non-smoking and Legends is smoking. When we first arrived we went to the Hardrock Cafe - we were starving. The food was good and reasonable in cost. We enjoyed Coconut Joe's - my husband and I had the catch of the day and it was very good. The kids ate burgers. We also ate at Canton (a chinese restaurant by Foster's) - don't go there. Papa John's pizza is always a good option after a long beach day. We didn't venture to any of the finer establishments - the prices are high and we couldn't see spending the money when we could have the same at home for less money. Finally, if you like to cook, there is a fish market by Hammerheads where the fishermen bring in their catches of the day. If you like fresh fish, you can't beat it.

As I already said, rent your snorkeling gear from a local dive shop. Plan to spend at least a day checking out the various snorkeling sites. The older kids especially will love it.

Don't forget books for the beach and make sure the kids have some balls to throw around - we used tennis balls and a nerf water football.

If your kids like popcorn, bring some bags for the microwave. Also, you might want to stick in a few DVDs. This might give you and your husband the chance to sneak out for a drink at either the Ritz or the Westin without the kids.

We never ventured to any of the pools. Never felt the need and the kids never asked.

Unfortunately we didn't take that many pictures. The pictures in the various trip reports are wonderful.

Planning a year in advance, I'm impressed. Enjoy!

Edited By : hayesfj Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:00:14 -0400

kptoysReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: The manager at Villas of the Galleon...

clapping clapping Lisa is the most amazing manager ever! I can not wait till it is February!! ThumbsUp

I just had to throw that out there Laughing

stanronReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:

My husband and I just returned after 7 nights at Villas of the Galleon. We enjoyed the Villas, 1BR, with fabulous views and the beautiful sea at a stone's throw, fall off the balcony and be in the water! The villa was beautifully appointed and our whole experience at the Villas could not have been any better. Location was superb, enough restaurants within walking distance to keep us happy. Also, snacks and liquor store across the street with Foster's grocery a short walk away. Lisa, the general manager, is a true professional with her guests interests as her priority. Can't wait to return! clapping

kptoysReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:

stanron wrote:
My husband and I just returned after 7 nights at Villas of the Galleon. We enjoyed the Villas, 1BR, with fabulous views and the beautiful sea at a stone's throw, fall off the balcony and be in the water! The villa was beautifully appointed and our whole experience at the Villas could not have been any better. Location was superb, enough restaurants within walking distance to keep us happy. Also, snacks and liquor store across the street with Foster's grocery a short walk away. Lisa, the general manager, is a true professional with her guests interests as her priority. Can't wait to return! clapping

Sounds great!! One question, do they have jacuzzi tubs??

NorthSideSueReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:

VOG does not have a pool, a jacuzzi or a tennis court.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions