Play     Stop

Memberlist Register  Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages 

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 80.0°F / 26.7°C | Humidity: 71% | Pressure: 30.00in / 1016hPa () | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 8.1mph / 13.0km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
 Local News:  Cruise passenger drowns snorkelling off 7MB    Drivers warned as Christmas lights draw crowds    Scott takes up advocacy job for finance sector    Premier welcomes new dawn for US and Cuba    Online poll: Most would just pay the price for trash collection    Vessel damage results in court charge    Environmental fund has $46M    New inquest ordered in 'open' case    Cayman nets top destination award    New oncology doctor at Chrissie Tomlinson    
FAQFAQ  TOSTOS  SearchSearch  View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Shangri-La Bed and Breakfast 4 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Shangri-La Bed and Breakfast
Rated: 4 stars out of 5 (154 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas

View previous topic :: View next topic  

mitzi61Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Shangri-La Bed and Breakfast

Jump My husband and I are going to Grand Cayman in Jan '07. We have found a B&B in West Bay called Shangrala - it's on Sticky Toffee Lane.

Does anyone know anything about this place - website looks very nice. Is West Bay convenient to snorkeling, activities, food, beach, etc.???

0 person likes this post.

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the forum, mitzi61 Very Happy ,

If staying at a bed and breakfast appeals to you, the Shrangala looks like it would be wonderful....it's brand new and actually, looks quite upscale. On the plus side, it looks like you'd save quite a bit of money, and would probably have lots of peace and quiet, if not almost total solitude. Very relaxing. Just so you know, it is quite isolated, which is also part of its appeal. The Shangrala is almost up at Morgan's Harbor, so you would be close to a couple of restaurants located there, and Pappagallo's isn't far away, but otherwise, you're pretty far from everything else, and would certainly need a car.

I assume that you've found its location on a map of the island. There's no doubt that you'd have a lovely room in a luxurious newly built home.....lots of privacy.....lots of quiet......but just want you to be aware of the fact that it's a bit off the beaten path.....but maybe that's just what you're looking for!

Be sure to contact them using our Hotel Search feature which will give you some perks for being a member here.

Char

Last edited by scubachar on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Edited By : scubachar Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:59:08 -0400

ponygirlReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

I also wanted to know about this B&B. Their website looks wonderful. You say it's out of the way , but isn't The Reef out there too. I guess from both places you'd have a drive to Georgetown or 7MB. Are there any other quaint places you would reccommend?How does the weather compare April and July?Thanks

Rumrunner01Reply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

ponygirl, West bay is on the other end of the island fromthe Reef restort. You would definately need a car to do any shopping or site seeing. Some people like being away from the 7mb area. The Shangrela looks like a very nice place indeed. I have been there but did pass by it on one of our excursions. It is a very pretty place.

Jana

jlwest73Reply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Shangri-la will soon be featured in the Cayman Activity Guide as a recommended B&B and they will be added to our hotel search soon.

As Jana (rumrunner01) mentioned, it is in West Bay, which is close to a couple of restaurants. However, you would want to consider renting a car if you are planning to go out and about exploring the island. (Even though my husband and I stay in the heart of SMB, close to LOTS of good restaurants, shopping, etc., we always rent a car to do our own exploring and hit more secluded beaches.)

Their rates are extremely reasonable. If you haven't had a chance to check out their website (sounds like you have - but others might want to take a sneek peek), here is the address:

Incidentally, the owner is world renowned pianist, George Davidson, who plays locally. He and his wife are the innkeepers.

Be sure to mention the Activity Guide when you place your reservations for a special perk.

Hope we've helped!

Jen

Edited By : jlwest73 Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:36:36 -0400

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(41)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Shangri-La Bed and Breakfast

Shangri-La Bed and Breakfast

Cayman's most upscale and affordable accommodation option.

Shangri-La is a newly built six bedroom lakeside bed & breakfast with pool & jacuzzi, providing the most upscale accommodations at remarkably affordable rates! Budget conscious travelers can now receive the warmth & attention that only a bed & breakfast can provide.

Located on Sticky Toffee Lane in West Bay, Shangri-La is only a 3 minute drive from Seven Mile Beach.

Rates start as low as US$119/night and you can rent the entire estate for as little as under $600/night, which would be ideal for groups of 10-16 guests, small wedding parties, etc. An entire villa for the price of a single room at a major resort!

Their rates are so low that they do not offer discounts or commissions of any kind. However, as a special reward for our Activity Guide members, you will receive a free welcome gift when you make your reservations with our

They provide many intimate seating areas with fantastic views.

Each room has its own unique feel; all equally upscale, spacious and charming. All but one of the rooms has a bath tub; all rooms offer satellite TV, some with DVD players.

All rooms have ceiling fans and air conditioning, which removes humidity as it cools the air. This is an important consideration in any property as many A/C systems simply blow in cold air, without removing all the sticky moisture. All Activity Guide recommended properties have sophisticated air conditioning systems, which condition the air as it cools, removing excess moisture.

Situated directly on a calm lake, you are afforded an intimate and scenic view with tranquil surroundings. Their lakeside pool includes a heated Jacuzzi and waterfall.

Beautifully decorated and comfortable decor provide the ideal setting for relaxing or mingling with the other guests.

Their spacious well appointed kitchen provides complete cooking facilities for groups renting the entire estate. Single room guests are allowed to use the kitchen facilities, subject to not disturbing the other guests. For instance, it would not be very considerate to cook fish every night and fill the entire house with odors. Barbecue facilities are available outdoors.

Each morning, you are served a complete delicious breakfast.

For the budget conscious visitor, Shangri-La provides the most affordable and upscale accommodations on the island in a beautiful tranquil setting, minutes from Seven Mile Beach. The staff is amazing and you will feel just like one of the family. It's a great way to meet friends who share similar interests and get a feel for what island life is all about.

Use our for the best rates and your free welcome gift.

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Wow!!!!! So beautiful!!!! Thanks for the info!

metalkwituReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Great photos of a beautiful place, Joe! ThumbsUp

Karen2

Rumrunner01Reply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

Joe, I am just now getting around to seeing this. Very nice! It is such a pretty place and it does look very tranquil and relaxing. If we could every get a whole group of us together this would be a great bargain!

Jana

biggbsfanReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

We are booked into the Shangrila the end of January for 8 nights. I can hardly wait, and will let you all know about the trip when we get back.

I stopped in Grand Cayman on a cruise ship in 1996, and absolutely loved the place, and now I will finally be able to go back. We thought we could get around to the closer places the first few days either walking or biking, then possibly rent a car the last few days and explore places at the other end of the island. We were going to rent a scooter, but thanks to this board I see that it is not advisabe. I'm so glad I found this place!

Jennifer

MikeReply with quote
Status Member
Credits:
(25)

Status Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

You will be hard pressed to meet two more likeable people on the island than George and Eileen! There were a couple of comments that basically said this is "away from the action." Grand Cayman is not that big and Shangri-La is not that far away from the action. It's maybe a 15-20 minute drive to get back to the heart of "civilization!" It is a very peaceful setting while the grounds and property are beautiful!

Enjoy Shangri-La and tell Georgie that Mike and Debbie said hello!!

Next Vacation : 116 Days ( Heading back to Paradise!! )    Start : Apr/16/2015     End : Apr/25/2015

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

Mike,

That is wonderful to hear! I'd love to hear more about your stay there...it looks amazing!

Kim palm

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

snowed inReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I have stayed at many B&B's on many different islands...love some...and get a "weird" feel in others. I have looked at Shangri-la a few times and can't decide. Here is my dilemma..... I like to go out dancing to the wee hours of the morning and sometimes at B&B's I feel like I am sneaking into my parent's house and I am once again a teenager OR I am breaking into a house in total darkness and in other B&B's it has been totally fine to come quietly in and sleep a bit in the morning. Does anyone know how this B&B is run?? It looks beautiful, price is great. I am not loud, and I am very considerate of other guests....I guess that is why I contemplate B&B's so much. Any ideas from people who have stayed there? Thanks.

SHELLNNYNJReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject:

I requested a Quote through Hotel search and Shangri-La B& B responded in 2 hours. I am booked here for 2 nights during our 12 night stay. Jump

Michelle

eglazebrookReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Shangri-la Bed and Breakfast

We recently visited the Cayman Islands to get married and for our honeymoon. I could not wait to get home and write this review for the Shangri-la B&B! This was the most wonderful, relaxing place in the world! We loved every minute of our stay. It has the most beautiful, breathtaking view of a private lake. The landscaping is wonderful and we so enjoyed the iguana's that would frequent the property. They served the best breakfast every morning. It included the best fruit and the french toast was phenomenal!

The people who run this B&B are the most friendly and helpful! We actually got married at the B&B and they helped us with every little detail down to the candles and private dinner.

The price was much cheaper than most places per night and it was worth ever penny we paid. We are soooo satisfied and will stay there again given the opportunity!

Sincerely,

Scott and Elsie Stephens

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Condos, B&B, All Inclusive, Timeshare, Villas
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Rate as     
4 Star Rating  based on 154 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions