CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Westin

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Westin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Just curious, what ammenities would those be?

char318 wrote:

I know you will think we are crazy but we don’t really like staying in condos… we LOVE the ammenities of a big fancy resort.

Char318
    char318

housekeeping, beach service, $10.00 overpriced tropical drinks…..live music in the evening at the bar, you know those kinds of things. 😉

typically when we vacation on an island, we don’t go far from the resort…yes we have a day to check out the island and another to go shopping but mostly we hunker down and relax and hang out.

Thanks, always curious about where people place value.

Live music is always very nice or at the very least music in keeping with the location.

Char318
    char318

LOL

yes… I agree with you totally… one should not have to walk to buy an overpriced tropical foo foo drink 😀

Gjm
    gjm

char318:

it occurred to me that the Britannia Villas at the Hyatt may be an alternative to a tight squeeze at the Westin. We have stayed there in the past and they really are quite nice. They are condo’s, very nice ones at that with all the amenities of home, on the Hyatt property extending from the back of the hotel to the north sound. all have either a golf course or canal view. small quiet “more private” pools are dotted throughout the property.

when we were there last, all Hyatt amenities: room service, housekeeping, etc applied to the Villas as well. They are not beach front or beach view. it can be a five minute or more walk from the villas to the beach depending upon location. the main hotel and its amenities are closer.

the Villas are scheduled to reopen 11/15/05. I am not so sure of the Hyatt. The Hyatt when fully operational with all restaurants, pools, shops, ferry and golf course is truly a destination resort.

good luck

gjm

Slraser
    slraser

I just recently read some reviews from travelers who stayed at the Westin this month. The travelers made several comments regarding the moldy conditions of the rooms. My husband and I are staying at the Westin in February. Should we be concerned?

Slraser
    slraser

I have heard many greatly disturbing things about the Westin when I read all the negative reviews. I found these reviews at **************

I appreciate everyones response – I want to know we are going to have an awesome honeymoon! 😀

sorry – as per the TOS outside links are not allowed – edited by Captain Jack

Wilan
    wilan

I was also a little concerned when I read some reports on ********** of strong mold and mildew smells in hallways and rooms. Im going for 2 weeks late March and wanted a relaxed resort rather than the Ritz type. Im not one to complain but this bothered me. Anyone been there recently and experienced this concern??

I’ve stayed at the Westin twice since the hurricane and it might be a little musty with some mold but not that big of a deal. We always make sure to get a room on an upper floor since they were not flooded up there. I suggest you do the same and keep the windows open.

Dogwalker
    dogwalker

I stayed on the 4th floor of the Westin PRE-Ivan & noticed it was musty then too. Expect this is alwasy the case there because rooms are on the small side located off an inside corridor so with just one sliding door leading to the balcony not a lot of natural ventilation.

Tiki
    tiki

Wilan- we were at the Westin last week.

The room smelled moldy. we were moved to a better room.

You wont be in your room that much anyway…………

the pool, hot tubs and BEACH are where you’ll be.:sun:

Enjoy. :bouncing:

TIKI

Cindylou
    cindylou

How about other things such as making sure you have booked your Stingray City trip with some place like Sotos and maybe booking that Pampered Ponies swim with the Ponies trip????? Will you be scuba diving while here or giving it a try while here?

Remember we’ve got plenty of hints, tips and advice for the rest of your vacation and be sure to book your rental car with Andy’s and get your discount.

From your trip counter your trip is not far off at all! Remember the number one thing to pack is your camera for taking lots of photos and giving us a trip report upon your return 😀

Cindy Lou

Kpickle7
    kpickle7

We are not going scuba diving but planning on snorkeling. Do you think we will need to rent a car? How do you book the Stingray City trip from the hotel or is there a different way? What is the Pampered Ponies?

Hilary
    hilary

We’re going to be staying at the Westin at the end of August and have a few small questions 🙂.

Is there free wireless internet access at the Westin?

Do they have a gym? If so, is it pretty nice?

Do you need a voltage adapter/converter in Cayman?

Thanks!

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Is there free wireless internet access at the Westin? Yes

Do they have a gym? If so, is it pretty nice? Yes

Do you need a voltage adapter/converter in Cayman? Nope

:palm: :palm: :palm:

Have a wonderfultime and Look forward to hearing about your trip report. Be sure to try out some local cuisine at Lobster Pot, Ligthouse, Portofino and The Wharf. do you have any activities planned?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE