CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Westin Resort

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Westin Resort

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Viska509
    viska509

I do not see it listed. Is it still on the islaned?

Shelly
    shelly

It’s still on the island.

JKman
    JKman

I was going to give the link but I can’t find it here now. I know the Westin has been in receivership for years, and in various states of disrepair at any given time, based on most reviews and my own experiences there.

We are looking forward to traveling to gc in may 2013 to celebrate my son’s 21st birthday and considering the Westin, as we have heard they have done some recent renovations. Is this hotel within walking distance of restaurants and bars? We will have a car but would rather my son and his friend be able to walk around at night rather than driving. I am a newbie so thanks for your help!

We just got back from a week at the Westin. It’s a nice resort, especially the grounds, but VERY EXPENSIVE. We got a good deal on the room at hotels.com but spent almost as much on our mini bar than the room!

A beer costs over $10. That’s PER BEER.

Light breakfast $30 EACH. Same thing right across the street at Eats costs $10.00

The service was good, but there was some confusion over the date of their dinner show and we missed it. They would not give us any refund, or even a partial or credit or anything.

The rooms are TINY, dark, and damp, almost moldy smelling. They did move us to a room on a higher floor they said would “get better ventilation” but it wasn’t much better.

We went to the Marriott for lunch one day and almost checked in! Their prices were about half the Westin, and their hotel looks brand new.

I would NOT recommend the Westin in Grand Cayman.

Krisayres
    Krisayres

I have not gone there after the renovations have been made but my friend told me that it the restaurant is looking very attractive after the renovation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE