Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Wedding Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Solly0305
    Solly0305

Hi everyone,

I am getting married in May 2007, and we are trying to pick a venue. We really like the Botanical Gardens, we’re having a cocktail reception. We have reserved a few things but it’s so difficult to do this long distance.

Planner – Celebrations

Band – Mainstream (love :heart: them, but I am biased)

But that’s it! If you could offer any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

We want it to be outdoors, not on the beach, elegant but with natural ambiance (not difficult down there though), we love the natual beauty of the gardens but I haven’t been down there for 8 years so I don’t know any of the landmarks anymore. :confused: Help!

Tauna

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

The Botanical Gardens are a perfect choice for your wedding.

Celebrations can arrange an extraordinary cocktail reception for you. Are you considering having the cocktail reception there as well?

In another post you mentioned you were looking at Papagallos. This is another fabulous choice. Vico, the manager is very accommodating and they have a separate banquet room they can use for you and your guests. The lush exotic surroundings for both are picturesque and romantic.

I just want to point out that the Botanical Gardens are very far from Papagallos. Two complete different ends of the island, actually. So transportation will be necessary.

How about explaining exactly what this perfect day would entail, and we can help you arrange the wedding of your dreams. This is a very exciting time for you, I wish you well during your planning congratulations on choosing Cayman Islands to hold one of the most special days of your life!

Solly0305
    Solly0305

Michelle,

Thanks for the reply. We finally agreed on a venue :clap: YAY! we are going to have it at Pedro St James. It’s beautiful from what I can tell from the pictures. I have a great picture of the new gazeebo and it’s so charming. We still have a lot of details to hammer out but we’re so excited! I have used the activity guide for a lot of info for my family and I was wondering if I could put a link from my wedding web page directly to the guide for all of the guests. Thanx again for everything.

Tauna

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Tauna That is wonderful news!

I honestly can’t think of a better place then Pedro St James. I considered there but hubby decided the beach would be a little less formal (he is so not a suit and tie guy) and a bit closer to our budget.

I think Joe would be more then pleasured with you posting a link for your guests. It is an honor that you would like to include your family and friends to come join our family here at Cayman Activity Guide. I too did this and it was a huge success.

Happy Planning!

El just sent me to this site and said you would be super helpful!

I’m so confused I don’t know where to start!

I haven’t even picked a date yet! Is September a time to get married in the Grand Cayman? Fiancee will be arriving then from the army:( and then end of September my brother will be joining the Marines so I don’t really have a choice!

Also, how expensive can this get? We’re on a budget!!

Please help me lol

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Welcome!!!

Now lets get started. Read through the forum and you will find many insights and helpful ideas. Your wedding budget completely depends on what you are looking for. Which is why I gave you this website which I used for my planning.

Some things we would need to know to decide on the $$ is:

How many people?

Place of ceremony: hotel, hotel beachfront, restaurant,regular beachfront, Condo beachfront, botanical gardens, St James Castle

Place of reception: hotel, restaurant, beachfront, small condo accommodation with catering brought in

Decor: Both ceremony and reception? Flowers?

Food: Restaurant or outside catering or cocktail party

If you would please, Would you write everything you would want detailing ceremony, reception and any additionals, Then I can help out sort the contacts.

Every month is beautiful in Grand Cayman. September is the end of hurricane season, but many here were married in September.

Sueyoung
    sueyoung

Hi,

Our daughter wants to get married on GC while sailing on RCCL’s Enchantment of the Seas in Oct 2007. Here is the problem. If we make the arrangements with the cruise line (they use The Wedding Experience to book all weddings) we will not know the location they choose until 2 weeks before the day. We think that if she requests a garden setting it would be at the Grand Old House but do not know what locations they use for a beach wedding. If for some reason we can not tender in the wedding will then be held on board the ship.

Do you know what beach the cruise lines use for a beach wedding site?

If we do not book with the cruise line and we use a local company the she could not get married on the ship should we miss the port.

Thanks for any input.

Sue

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

First off welcome to Cayman Activity Guide Forum! Congratulations on being a part of a beautiful celebration on one of the most beautiful islands!

Most cruise lines do use Grand Ole House as their wedding site, as it is very close to port. It is a very beautiful site to be married. When I interviewed them for our wedding, they had 8 different cruise lines that had them set up the wedding, photos, minister, and flowers.

If you prefer a beach setting there is a Smiths Cove very close by to Grand Old house. It is a cove so you have beach trees, nice coral Rock area for photos….just a thought.

If you would rather go with anther place to be married I would suggest contacting Celebrations. (345) 949 2044. They are who I used to assist and coordinate with my wedding May 06. If you give them the date time and what you are exactly looking for regarding location I am sure they can put something together for your daughter.

Good luck and please don’t hesitate to ask more questions!

Sueyoung
    sueyoung

Thanks for the welcome!

Do you know what beach most of the cruise lines use for a beach wedding site ?

Sue

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

There is one stretch of beach called Seven Mile Beach.

If you would like more detailed areas along Seven Mile beach, please check out the Maps section located http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/ButtonHere.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Sueyoung,

I think I understand what you are asking……you’re thinking that the safest thing for you to do is to book your daughter’s wedding through the cruise ship, and not do it on your own. That way, just in case something goes wrong and you can’t tender in or something, then you can at least have the wedding on the ship. Am I understanding that right?

So, what you are asking us is if we know which beach the cruise ships use for their beach weddings. I don’t know all that much about weddings in Cayman, but I think that Celebrations regularly handles weddings for cruise ship passengers. Now, whether or not the cruise ship has booked the weddings through Celebrations or the cruise ship brides are just doing it on their own, I don’t know, but why not just contact them? They should be able to answer your questions.

Good luck!

Char

Sueyoung
    sueyoung

Hi Char,

That is exactly what I am asking, what beach the cruise ships use for a beach wedding.

I have talked with the company that handles the weddings for the cruise ships, but they will not tell you what company they use to make the arrangements in Grand Cayman (for the obvious rease that the do not get the booking if you book direct with a Grand Cayman company.) So if anyone knows the local company used I would book the basic wedding with the cruise line (just incase we can not tender) and add the extra things we want with the local company.

I have seen this information posted for St. Thomas USVI but have not been able to find out for Grand Cayman.

Thanks I have found so mush info fron this site.

Could you tell me if the Grand Old House is locate on the the Seven Mile Beach side of hte island or is it on the other side of the tender piers?

Sue

Boy, I really see your predicament. I think all I can suggest is that you contact Celebrations (the local company) and see if they know the beach that the cruise ships usually go to. Even if the ship’s company won’t tell you, maybe Celebrations will just know anyway, and be able to tell you.

Their contact e-mail is in the first post in the Celebrations thread in this forum.

As far as the location of the Grand Old House in regards to the cruise ship port, it is south of the port……on the opposite side that the 7 Mile Beach is. Here is a map that Joe drew to give people an idea of the distance from the port. Bear in mind, he has drawn this with the top of the map facing South and the bottom of the map is North.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/scubachar/Random%20Other%20Photos/MiniMapSmithCove.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Be sure to look at the maps that Joe has on the Activity Guide website….you can access them by clicking on “Site Tour” at the top of this page.

Good luck!

Char

BH999
    BH999

Do you know I nice place for a wedding at the 7 miles beach? Thanks in advance.

Marz
    marz

You’re not giving much information, which is probably why you have not received any replies yet. Are you going on a ship for a day or staying for a week or so? How many of you are there in the party?

From what I’ve been reading, the best place for overnight visitors is to stay at the Marriott. They have a beautiful beach and a whole staff of wedding planners to help you.

Good luck and congratulations!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE