Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Wedding Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Joe Stebbins

Thanks to a great suggestion from Celine I have created a new forum to discuss weddings, anniversaries, honeymoons and any special or group events in the Cayman Islands.

If you are considering the Cayman Islands for your special event, you could not have picked a better destination. The quality of venues, food and overall charm and beauty is unequaled anywhere else in the Caribbean.

Getting married in the Cayman Islands is easy, fun, completely legal and one of the most romantic and rewarding locations in the world. You will find all of the information you need for a perfect cayman marriage and cayman weddings in the Cayman Islands right here and at our message board.

For small weddings with just a bride and groom; or for cruise visitors with a limited time in the Cayman Islands, we recommend Cayman Weddings for the most personal and affordable services. For anything more elaborate, we highly recommend working directly with the restaurant, attraction or resort of choice.

All of our recommended venues are highly qualified, having performed thousands of weddings and undergoing Activity Guide’s extensive screening process. You will realize substantial savings and guarantee utter perfection by eliminating middle-man planners. All of our recommended establishments below maintain dedicated on-site wedding planners, who will help you with everything, right down to the minutest detail.

Your wedding is the single most important event in your life and the cherished memories it endows will remain with you for the rest of your life. By working directly with our highly esteemed establishments, you are assured of a perfect wedding at the best price.

We will be happy to provide you with personal assistance in selecting a venue that best suits your requirements. Activity Guide accepts no commissions whatsoever from the establishments we recommend so our only interest is your utter satisfaction; and any commissions normally paid to third pary planners will be passed directly to you in the form of further reduced rates.

All of the very best restaurants can be found in our Restaurant forum, most of which with accompanying videos, pictures and detailed reviews. Most of them are highly suited for rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, private functions and group occasions. Feel free to ask for more information about any of our recommended establishments, most of which are equipped with private rooms for special occasions.

For photography, I highly recommend Rebecca Davidson

Group activities can be arranged for any number of our wonderful recommended establishments so please do not hesitate to ask about group rates for places like Stingray City, Horseback Riding, Fishing Charters, etc.

Some of the most popular attractions are also perfect wedding venues:

– Pedro St. James Castle

– Boatswain’s Beach

– Botanic Park

If you require any information that is not already explained above or in this forum please feel free to ask questions and myself or a moderator will be happy to assist you. If you are planning a wedding or have already been married in the Cayman Islands we would love to hear of your experiences. However, please refrain from making any commercial recommendations or endorsements for any establishments not recommended by Activity Guide.

Note that Celebrations is no longer an Activity Guide recommended establishment. We strongly encourage everyone to book directly with the resort, restaurant or attraction, where you will be working directly with the people responsible for your most important day and realize substantial savings by simply booking direct and mentioning the Activity Guide special group rate. 😉

Celine
    Celine

ALL of Celine’s suggestions are great 😀

notceline 🙄

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

WHOOO HOO Gr8 idea Celine…

Celine
    Celine

Michelle……..YOU and your lovely online wedding plans/photos/recommendations/referrals, etc were the inspiration……….you deserved your own “SPECIAL OCCASSION” area……..as do all the people who will benefit from all your research and photos. 😀 ………I honestly don’t know when you two had time to sleep last June when you were there! :laugh:

Celine

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

It was October, silly, I was there with u! 😆

C’mon don’t you remember Wilma?

who could sleep..there were too many resturants, bars and activities to hit…After reading this board, i had alot of ground to cover…. :split:

with reading the passion you have for BFM music :band:

and reading jenfrow in what she planned and did in just a long weekend! 😀 😀 along with seeing Joe’s videos & photos posted…I was having a fantastic time just watching them pretending I was there, so you could imagine the facination and enjoyment I had when I actually was a part of the festivities. :dancing: :wave: :dance1:

talk about inspiration…CAG and their members was my motivation and encouragement through and through.

I think of it like this “Like attracts like”. We attract individuals into our lives that mirror who we are. Those you feel drawn to often reflects our inner self back sort of like a mirror. Simply put, when you look at others, you will likely see what exists in you. When you see beauty, kindness, or warmthin the soul of another, you are seeing the goodness that resides in your soul. Because we are all mirrors for each other, looking at the people in your life can tell you a lot about yourself.

So thanks you Joe Celine and all those who have brought happiness and joy in both wedding planning and life…(granted my life now is uimagining the day I live on Grand cayman…j/k)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Rgds,

Michelle

Celine
    Celine

thanks Michelle……..and sorry for the “June” thing……..I was in Cayman both in June and October of last year, and just wrote the wrong month down. 🙄

senileceline

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

😮

nosuchthingceline.

Ithinkurslippingtoomuchrumpunchduringlunchbutislillluvyamichelle

KB
    KB

Hello Everyone!

I first want to thank everyone who has posted and shared all the great information on this board.

I am in the process of planning my wedding for April 2007 at the Marriott Resort and I had a few questions for all of you. Here is the information I have so far and if any of you have any recommendations or if there is a particular person I should speak with please let me know.

Music ? I am looking for a DJ for the reception, any recommendations? (I prefer a DJ so the music is continuous)

Flowers

Heart of Cayman

Trisha?s Roses

Every Bloomin Thing

Cake ? Can anyone recommend a good bakery for wedding cakes on the island?

Rehearsal Dinner ? something close to the Marriott Resort

Wharf (contact ? Reno) or possible somewhere more casual??

Hair

Spa to Go ? ask for Helen

Group Transportation

Majestic

Red Sail

Cab/Van ? Elaine (345) 917-8636

Group Activities (snorkeling & lunch cruise)

Oh Boy Charters- contact Alvin

Soto?s Cruises

Diving

Neptune?s

Off the Wall Divers

Dave Fosters

Eden Rock

Marriage Officer

http://www.gov.ky

Photographer

Rebecca Davidson ? confirmed

Wedding and Reception

Marriott Resort ? confirmed

Am I missing anything? Thanks again for all your assistance.

Best Tropical Wishes, :sun:

Karen

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Hi KB

Firstly let me begin with Welcome! :roflred:

We are happy you are here to join in on our Wedding and party planning forum. :jump:

You take very good notes! I am in the process of loking for a DJ as well.

As I am hoping to have a band for the first 3 hours and a DJ the last 3…

DJ’s: I have 3 names Ralph Lewis “DJ Ralph” which 345 949 8415

and also Craig Urchyshyn “DJ Craig” whom I am awaiting him to respond, he emailed me telling me he will call me on Friday and lastly, DJ Elexi Alexi Kapetaneas. I will be sure to post if and when I hear anything back.

BAND: I really do enjoy Heat, they play many current and great oldies. There is one singer (part of a treo which stands out) Not sure which one she is. jenfrow may be able to help out here. :band1:

SPA’s: I am meeting with 3 prior to the wedding to be sure I am happy. La Mer is the Spa on site at the Marriott Beach Resort, which is convienient. 345 949-0088 and they give you a discount depending on how many in your group get treatments (manicures, pedicures…) I think its over 5 treatments.

Cake: Both the Marriott and Celebrations have reputable bakers and designers. (They told me I give them a photo they can replicate it.)

The Hotel can also reccommend a marriage officer a.k.a officient.

EXTRAS: I am also having a cigar roller if interested. Some ahve steel drum players for good effect.

Rehersal Dinner close to Marriott: I would say see what Marriott has to offer, they offered us some ideas, such as a Carribean BBQ poolside. Also EDUARDO’s or ROYAL PALMS. :dine:

Video? VIP

Hmmm THink that’s everything… :cheers:

How exciting! how many people are you having?

Best Regards,

Michelle

KB
    KB

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for all the information, very helpful. I have really enjoyed reading all your updates.

To answer your question about the number of people I am not really sure, I think around 30ish. Everyone I talk to says they are planning on attending so I guess we might have more 😀

I have my site visit scheduled at the Marriott from May 11-May 20, so I am currently in the process of scheduling appointments.

I look forward to hearing about your wedding plans, it’s coming up soon!

Karen :wave:

KB
    KB

Michelle,

Thank you very much for your PM, unfortunately I was not able to reply since I am still a :newbie: I appreciate your offer and I might take you up on that. I am still waiting to hear back from Jennifer at the Marriott regarding my site visit.

Have you decided on a DJ?

Karen

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Nope still looking:

But its between Craig adn Ralph right now.

:spill:

KB
    KB

Good luck with your decision! If you don’t mind, could you send me the phone numbers or e-mails for DJ’s Craig and Elexi. I would like to try and schedule appointments with them when I arrive in May.

Thanks,

Karen

Anonymous

Check out Foster’s Food for your cake. I’ve seen some amazing multi-tier wedding cakes in there and I’ll bet they are about 1/2 the price of any of the specialty places. 😉

KB
    KB

Thanks Joe! I will definitely add them to my list of people to contact.

Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE