Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Things You Might See if you Drive Around the Island | PHOTOS

HOME Forums General Discussion Topics about the Cayman Islands Pictures and Photography Things You Might See if you Drive Around the Island | PHOTOS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

This is in North Side between Frank Sound Road and Rum Point. There are spots like this everywhere where you can stop and take a photo or just relax and enjoy the view. The water is a little shallow for snorkeling but there are a lot of interesting little critters in places like this, including starfish.

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/misc/NorthSide/SeascapeNorthSideWEB.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Cindylou
    cindylou

Joe: That’s very close to the neck of the woods where I had my very first picnic with hubby when I first came to the island. It was very romantic and back then I thought I would be terribly sophisticated and agreed to have a glass of champers with him, of course having a bladder the side of a marble I was soon looking for a likely bush to hide behind (I’d known him all of one day). At that point in time he had a lovely dog (who is the mother of the two hounds from hell that arrive tomorrow) named Missy who went everywhere with him including on our romantic picnic.

Well Missy chose that moment to get to know me better and a colder wetter nose you could not find this side of the North Pole!!!!! Gads I shot out of that bush and must have jumped 50 feet in the air….needless to say he was rolling around on the ground laughing like a fool and I stood there beet red with my knickers down…. what a way to make an impression 😳 😳 😳 😮 😮

Cindy Lou Who

theonewhoneverevereverdrinkschampersonpicnicsanymore

Anonymous

cindylou wrote:

Well Missy chose that moment to get to know me better and a colder wetter nose you could not find this side of the North Pole!!!!! Gads I shot out of that bush and must have jumped 50 feet in the air….

Cindy – You are extremely gifted at painting visual images with your words and that one had me falling out of my chair! 😀

I’m shooting the Chirstmas Lights at the Crighton house in Spots tonight with Peggy around 7pm. If you haven’t seen it already maybe you and Derek could meet us there. 😉

Anonymous

This was in the same area as the last shot. There was someone out there fishing with a hook and line, no pole. That’s Rum Point in the background.

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/misc/NorthSide/FishermanWEB.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

I can’t help but look for CinyLou to come running out of the bushes 😀

Cindy, you do paint a vivid picture

Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

Joe,

Beautiful shots from the North side. Will definitely make it a point to get up that way the next time we go to GC. Thanks again.

Cindy – I will make sure to find a restroom before we go… lest nature take its course. 😉

Picnic tip – wear your swimsuit under your picnic togs

and if nature calls you could always TAKE THIS ADVICE.

Sorry… 😀 I couldn’t help bringing that one up again…

Kay

:sun:

:dancing:

edited because I can’t spill even with a spell chucker

Anonymous

Here’s another one from the North Side. That black rock in the foreground is ironshore. At one time when the water levels were much higher, that rock was ‘alive’ – covered with living corals.

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/misc/NorthSide/NorthSideOceanWEB.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Thanks Joe.

I am a Northside girl, and those pictures…well, I love them!

~Karen

Anonymous

Karen – I was thinking of you when I was taking them, especially the ones with the “blues”. 😀

Cindylou
    cindylou

Joe: Again thanks for the great photos and for all of the photos that you share. Many people come to Cayman and never take the time to appreciate the full beauty and wonderful places and sites that we have as they never leave the beach (mind you if they are coming from 20 degree weather you can’t blame them) and that’s a shame because there is such great and wonderous beauty here especially if you just get one or two minutes off the beaten path.

As to the rest of the comments here regarding my first picnic 😳 😳 😮 :redroll: :redroll:

Wait until I share the story of my first snorkle which I will do when either Joe takes some new photos of the Gamma (in all of his spare time!) or I take photos of it.

Cindy Lou Who

theonewhostilldoesn’tappreciatecoldwetnoses!

Joe,

Just want to thank you for taking the time to post all these pictures. They really are wonderful. You have selected some fantastic spots to photograph, especially on the North Side. I think this is especially nice for people to see who come to Cayman on a cruise ship and have just a few hours in their day and therefore don’t have much of a chance to get out and see the island…..this really shows them that there is a lot of beauty there to see and that they need to plan to return and stay longer in order to see all of this and do it at a nice relaxing pace….

Thanks again!

Char

Ralphy57
    ralphy57

Wow Joe, great pictures.I want to come back

Anonymous

This is in North Side, near Frank Sound Road. Look for those little white mooring balls out there that demark a known dive site. They are usually about 100 yards off shore. This would have been a perfect day for it but we didn’t bring our dive gear.

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/misc/NorthSide/NorthSideDive.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

Joe,

Would not expect you to know that dive site in detail from memory, but what’s there? Reef?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE