CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Sunshine Suites vs Comfort Inn

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Sunshine Suites vs Comfort Inn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mchase66
    mchase66

Going back to GC this January, last time 2006. We were thinking of going to another Island but GC is a slam dunk guarantee, awesome food and of course the best beach in the world. Ok, you guys all know that…

My question is, and sorry if this has been covered before, but if you had to choose between Sunshine Suites or Comfort Inn, what would you choose? We are not divers, we plan on renting a car for only 2 or 3 days. We’ve done the SRC, Atlantis etc , and basically plan on sitting on the beach, snorkeling, eating and drinking. It will just be my wife and myself, we are in our 40’s

Your input would;d be highly appreciated.

Mike

Hsmith
    Hsmith

Sunshine Suites is not on the beach so you will have to be willing to take the walk accross the street to get to it. Not that far but still 15 minute excursion by foot. I love the grill there but it is kind of isolated. I don’t know anything about how the rooms compare but you may find it more convenienct to be at Comfort Inn.

Mchase66
    mchase66

Thanks for the reply, after visiting there last time, I would say the walk to the beach is about 2-3 minutes. I believe Comfort Inn isn’t on the beach either. The fact that they are similarly priced, was just looking for a direct comparison for both.

SherryC
    SherryC

I have stayed at both. I would choose Comfort Inn. I like Sunshine Suites but the rooms aren’t as nice, nice, just not as nice. Comfort Inn is not on the beach either but on the beach side when Sunshine Suites is not. I also think the people at the Marriott are better about people being in front of their hotel than the Westin is. The Westin does not like people on the beach above the water line and have asked people to leave. Either place will be fine. You will enjoy either. Both have poolside bar and restaurants.

Gjordan
    gjordan

We just returned from our third stay at Sunshine Suites over the past 18 months and we love it. Pick up your lounge chairs and beach towels at the front desk and take a 2-3 minute stroll across the street to the beach. We have never had a problem with beach access.

Sunshine Suites has recently expanded their grill/restaurant area. We’ve tried almost everything on the menu and have not been disappointed. Many vacationers staying at other properties dine at the grill due to its excellent reputation, laid back atmosphere, and reasonable prices. Each room has a fully equipped kitchen which helps the budget given Cayman’s relatively high food prices. They also rent bicycles if you want to cruise the neighborhood and the staff is very friendly.

I suggest you check out their website. Hopefully others can give you more info on Comfort Suites as we have never stayed there.

Mchase66
    mchase66

Thanks for that info Sherry…… gjordan, are there bbq’s that you can use at the Sunshines Suites? I think not but thought I would ask. I want to stay at 7 Mile Beach Resort, however I can seem to find a timeshare rental for the time I want to go

Gjordan
    gjordan

mchase66, there are no bbq grills at Sunshine Suites. Inasmuch as we bbq often in west Texas, we took advantage of the unique island fare at the Sunshine Grill (their menu is posted online) and other establishments.

SherryC
    SherryC

Plantation Village is a much nicer complex if you are looking for a timeshare.

Mchase66
    mchase66

does anyone know if the Beach Club Colony is still open? Not sure if I want to stay there, just curious. We stayed a few days at Spanish Bay Reef Resort last we were there and liked it pretty much even though it was a bit run down BCC was the sister property and went there a few times……

Thanks Sherry, I will google Plantation Village

Shelly
    shelly

Nope–Beach club Colony has been gone for awhile now–a fancy complex is going in there.

Ronscalen
    ronscalen

Anyone been to these resorts lately? I’m trying to decide which one. They both look to be on the affordable side, but not exactly sure of things like best location, beach access, things like that.

All replies appreciated!

Gjordan
    gjordan

Ronscalen, we returned last week from ten days at Sunshine Suites (SS) and had a fantastic time as usual(see last years posts above). Check out the “specials” on their website which include restaurant food/beverage credits which are a great deal.

We dove with Living the Dream Divers and did 3 shore dives at Turtle Reef (Cracked Conch/Macabuca Restaurant) on our own. Both are highly recommended.

A tour of St. Pedro’s Castle was very interesting and had beautiful views. In any event you will have a fantastice time!

Dsavor
    dsavor

I’ve never stayed at either but in seeing your other post in the dolphin topic, you should know that Comfort Suites includes dolphin encounters with their packages.

Ronscalen
    ronscalen

Wow! That was fast.

I didn’t notice the dolphin package at Comfort Suites so thanks for mentioning that. I don’t want anything to do with supporting any dolphins in captivity, so Sunshine Suites it is. I checked out their specials and it looks pretty good too. From what I can tell from their websites neither of these places is directly on the beach, is that correct? I’d probably still stay at the one without any dolphin packages but still good to know.

Thank you all for your help.

SherryC
    SherryC

Neither is directly on the beach…but, Comfort Suites in on the beach side. You have to cross a busy road from Sunshine Suites.

This is the first I’ve heard about the Dolphin package. I won’t support this either but it really has nothing to do with Comfort Suites, in my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE