Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Sunshine Suites | Photos | Reviews | Discount

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Sunshine Suites | Photos | Reviews | Discount

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Divesergeant
    divesergeant
    Participant

Hi ralphy57,

For dive op suggestions we really like Neptune’s Divers. If he is interested in a shore dive Mrs DS and I had a number of really cool dives from Ollen Miller’s Sundivers shop at the Cracked Conch. This is a shore dive so he would need to organize a buddy or hire one of the dive shop instructors to go with him.

edited to add: Mrs DS and I had to laugh. She’s wearing her spiffy Neptune’s Divers sweatshirt as I post this!

Ralphy57
    ralphy57

I was looking at Sundivers at the Cracked Conch, there is a special in the CAG $19 for a dive and lunch.We’ll go there and check them out.

Thanks

Flews
    Flews

Mrs. Flews and I and the twins spent 10 nights at the SS in March. We love the food at the restaurant, which is probably the best value on the Island in our opinion, at least for a hotel.

Booked through this forum, so we got the best rates possible. The SS offers free breakfast every day, so that’s an added bonus.

We had a great time and are looking forward to a return visit. The kids loved the pool. Next time we stay here the kids will be walking so we hope to be a tad more mobile, although we did get around a fair bit by bus, and on foot with the stroller.

Our only complaint was the car rental places – two of them – both prominently featured on this site. Twice we booked and confirmed rentals with confirmed baby seats – one by phone and once in person – only to find out on arrival that they had no baby seats available.

One place tried to convince us to take one seat and hold one baby in our laps! The other tried to convince us to use an oversized seat designed for toddlers, not babies. We declined both and cancelled our rentals.

Needless to say we were not impressed. Both agencies would have us break the law or put our kids safety in jeopardy just to make a buck. We turned both down and walked instead. A shame, since it was Mrs. Flews’ first visit to Cayman and I really wanted to show her around.

Still, the Sunshine Suites was great value, great location and absolutely outstanding service. We highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you have kids.

Cheers,

Flews

Shelly
    shelly

hi flews

Too bad you didn’t try another car rental place. We have rented car seats for our grandkids (and over Christmas vacation too, when it’s busier). I believe it is the law in GC for kids to be in appropriate car seats. I can’t believe the rental agency said what they did!!!

Shelly 🙂

COHorseGal
    COHorseGal

Just came back from 4 days in Grand Cayman. Stayed at the Sunshine Suites on the CAG’s recommendation.

Thanks for your suggestion, because we really enjoyed this motel!! The staff were VERY helpful, and the room was great for the price. Pool was good, and it’s definately close to the beach (though I wish I would have known I could have gotten chairs from the front desk for our beach excursion). The staff was always ready to help us out, whether giving us directions, or calling a taxi for us. We’d definately come back to this hotel on another trip. Good, filliing breakfast in the morning….we also had a good lunch at their restarant the first day we were there. The grounds are kept up nicely…loved the beautiful flowers on the grounds!! Easy walking distance to bus pickups too. Next time we’ll ride the bus more, rather than take the taxi (which was quite expensive!).

Great trip! Thanks for the suggestions, CAG…great publication!

Sun Lover
    Sun Lover

We just returned from 8 nights at the Sunshine Suites. Trina set us up with a 2nd floor suite right near the pool. The grounds were beautifully kept and the rooms were very clean. The staff were all very polite and professional from the front desk folks, to the Grills folks, to the pool people and to the room maids. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and the comfortable king size bed-I slept really well. We would definitely stay here again over another comparable priced resort on the island right up the street on the beach that the CAG also recommends. Rooms are much cleaner, updated, no musty smell and staff are ALL friendly and helpful.

Raschro1
    raschro1

Joe Stebbins wrote:

Kaseys412 – Yes, it’s too late if you already made your reservation but it wouldn’t hurt to contact Nadia and let her know you are an Activity Guide member and will be writing a review about their resort upon your return. 😉

I booked my stay at Sunshine resorts already, but was wondering what kind of deal i would get if i was a CAG member. i might be able to cancel my reservation and make a new one using the discount

Raschro1
    raschro1

i am able to cancel my reservation with no charge, and am wondering if i should do this to take advantage of the discount

Greekdave
    greekdave

I’d be cautious,

Having secured your trip to paradise, it would be rather foolish to cancel & then find you can’t re-book. 🙁

Better to stick with what you’ve got IMHO.

Raschro1
    raschro1

thats what i was thinking, but i am still going to call/email to see if they is any way to get in on the CAG dsicount

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE