Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Stingray City with Soto’s Cruises

HOME Forums Cruise Ship Activities Making The Most Of One Day Stingray City with Soto’s Cruises

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Celine
    Celine

WELCOME unicorn! You won’t be sorry booking with Soto’s……..wonderful, fun experience!

Celine 🙂

Kurtfrogg
    kurtfrogg

I got stuck on one of those cruise booked tours and there were at least 100 people on the boat. I waited in line with my wife and daughter for over an hour. There was not one second of the whole thing that was relaxing or enjoyable. We’re coming again in a few weeks……… SOTOS, HERE WE COME! :cheers:

Celine
    Celine

WELCOME kurtfrogg……you will LOVE your experience with Soto’s….guaranteed. 😀 We’ve been with most all the other operations, and Soto’s wins hands down.

Celine

ISLABONITA
    ISLABONITA

I have looked on the one page of coupuns and do not see one. Has it been removed? thanks

smithereens wrote:

Seabreeze,

Did you use the coupon, or tell them you would be bringing a coupon from this site? There is a coupon for Soto’s in the Cayman Activity Guide, and one you can print from this site.

Anonymous

Hi ISLABONITA – Welcome to the forum.

You don’t need a coupon. Just email them at:

scruises@candw.ky

and ask for the Activity Guide discount. 😉

Kishioka
    kishioka

We were on the RCCL Mariner of the Seas last week and did the Stingray City tour with Sotos on January 5th. There were 5 (maybe 6?) ships in port that day. Many people took an extended Christmas/New Year’s holiday, so our ship and probably all the other ones were filled to capacity.

The Sotos tour was EXCELLENT!!! There were 30 people on our tour while other boats had hundreds. After going off shore, we spent half an hour snorkeling in 10 feet of crystal clear water. Our guide tossed squid pieces to attract the fish. Our kids loved it. It was their first time snorkeling.

At the Stingray sandbar, the water was 3 to 4 ft deep. Our Sotos guides provided personal service and everyone had a chance to hold, kiss and feed a stingray. As well, they had a photographer taking photos. Cost is a pricey $50 for the photo CD, which we ordered and can’t wait to get it in the mail.

Anyways, we had perfect weather and an excellent tour with Sotos. We found Sotos through this website and we won’t hesitate to use them again.

Anonymous

Hi kishioka -Welcome to the forum. 😀

Thank you for posting and I am very happy you enjoyed your time in the Cayman Islands. Hopefully you will be able to return for more than a day. If you do, you know where to come for all your information and discounts. 😉

Celine
    Celine

WELCOME kishioka! That was so nice of you to take the time and post of your positive experience with Soto’s, thankyou!

30 is a very unusual number of people for them to be taking out…….but, as you say, because of the holidays, more people were around. They’re a great operation and really helpful and kind people!

Hopefully, we’ll be hearing from you that you’ve booked another trip….and plan on staying a week or so on land this time in the beautiful Cayman Islands.

Celine 😀

Lilgabby
    lilgabby

:palm: :martini: 😉

Good morning! I just found your web site and have been reading the posts. I have a some questions that I have not seen an answer to yet, I’m sure they are there, there is so much info. lol

1. If I go on Soto’s tour to Stingray City do we wear our swimsuits or is there a place where you would change there, I know silly but a need to know. Do I need to bring towels from the ship?

2. Do you recommend a company for parasailing or what other activity would you recommend for a cruiser that will only be there from 7am til 4pm on November 30,2006? I love the Swim the Horses but I don’t think I want to do that this trip.

Thanks Ronda AKA lilgabby

PS I sure hope this goes, I’m having trouble trying to figure out how to post a question to you. They say the third time is the charm!!

Jlwest73
    jlwest73

lilgabby wrote:

1. If I go on Soto’s tour to Stingray City do we wear our swimsuits or is there a place where you would change there, I know silly but a need to know. Do I need to bring towels from the ship?

There is a small bathroom on the boat, but I would recommend wearing your suit under a pair of shorts and a shirt. Bring a towel, as they are not provided. Be prepared to have a WONDERFUL time!!!! We always go to SRC – haven’t missed it in four trips!

As to parasailing, I’m hoping one of the other mods might be able to help in that area…

Jen

For parasailing, check out this topic – http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/ButtonHere.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Hope this helps,

Char

Chiara
    Chiara

😀 Hi!

I’m a newbie.

Sorry, but i’m italian and never i write in english: i hope someone understand me 🙁 😳 I think this site is Wonderful! :clapping: I can found more and more informations here!!

I will be in G. Cayman 27 december on Costa Mediterranea and that day will be there 8 ship 😥 😥

Our stop in Cayman is toooooo short!! My cruise ship docks at 8am and leaves at 2pm 🙁

I would like to have someone pick up us ( my children, my husband and me) where the groups meets in Geogetown and go to Stingray City, is it possible with Soto’s Tour? I want book in time……8 ship….. :confused:

Thanks for all… :rose:

Welcome, Ciara!

Your English is just wonderful! Don’t worry!

Yes, I think you will be able to go to Stingray City with Soto’s. Their morning trip is from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. They will pick you up near the ship at around 8:30 a.m., so you have to be sure to get off the ship right away! Don’t forget that the ships don’t dock in Grand Cayman. You must take a small boat (called a tender) from the ship to the cruise terminal. It’s just a short distance and won’t take too long.

Soto’s will also bring you back to the ship after the tour.

Sorry about the EIGHT ships!!! And the SHORT day! Next time you must come for one week!

Welcome again,

Char

Chiara
    Chiara

scubachar wrote:

Welcome, Ciara!

Your English is just wonderful! Don’t worry!

Yes, I think you will be able to go to Stingray City with Soto’s. Their morning trip is from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. They will pick you up near the ship at around 8:30 a.m., so you have to be sure to get off the ship right away! Don’t forget that the ships don’t dock in Grand Cayman. You must take a small boat (called a tender) from the ship to the cruise terminal. It’s just a short distance and won’t take too long.

Soto’s will also bring you back to the ship after the tour.

Sorry about the EIGHT ships!!! And the SHORT day! Next time you must come for one week!

Welcome again,

Char

😛 Thanks Char, i appreciate the information so very much!

I soon contact Soto by email and I ask for the Activity guide discount :mrgreen:

Actually, I’m not sure that there is actually an Activity Guide discount. I think that the discounted price is now available to everyone as long as they book direct and pay in cash (travelers checks are ok). But please do mention that you heard about them on the Activity Guide.

Char

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE