Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

New Year’s Eve Festivities on GC

HOME Forums Dining and Entertainment After Hours New Year’s Eve Festivities on GC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RichRey
    RichRey

Can someone give me the low-down on any restaurants or clubs that have traditionally planned fun New Year’s Eve parties? If so, do we need to make reservations? My wife and I are going to GC just after Christmas and through New Year’s. While our main goals are just to relax, eat good food and dive as much as possible, we would hate to miss out on a fun party in paradise. . . . :palm:

Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks,

p.s. we are staying at the Westin

I too, am seeking info on things that may be going on for NYE. We will be there as 2 families with 5 young adults.and 4 young-at-heart adults. Looking for someplace fun, yet safe, on the 7 mile Beach (so that we can walk to/from the party). Anyone been there for this before???

Ohmymy40
    ohmymy40

From what I’m learning.. it’s going to be a very dreary and quick New Year’s. The Liquor laws seem to want to shut down most everybody at midnight. Places like Margaritaville told me today that they haven’t decided whether it’s worth even being open that night.

Nobody has advertised yet, so only time will tell. The Liquor board could make a special ruling — but the government doesn’t seem to be too concerned and I doubt any special ruling will occur.

Imagine those places that are open will make last call at 11:45 and boot you out the door at 11:59.

not really sure what options there are… at this point … NONE.

We have some other posts and discussions on this subject in General Questions…..check them out here – http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/ButtonHere.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

There are definitely some places to go that will stay open past midnight (until 3:00 a.m.) where you can drink and dance the night away. I would highly recommend going up to the Royal Palms. They have a wonderful restaurant, the Reef Grill and then they’ll have live music starting at 12:01 a.m.

Have fun!

Char

DocJelly
    DocJelly

This issue this year is slightly different than last year.. last year NYE was a saturday night, and everyone had to stop serving and live music had to cut out AT midnight, since 12:00:01 is then Sunday.

This year, NYE itself is on a Sunday, so I think the workaround is that they can have live music at/after midnight.

NYE only falls on a weekend once every seven years or so (minus a leap year here or there) so if you’re moving here, you’ll only have to deal with it once before getting kicked out at seven years :p

DocJelly wrote:

NYE only falls on a weekend once every seven years or so (minus a leap year here or there) so if you’re moving here, you’ll only have to deal with it once before getting kicked out at seven years :p

Leave it to you, Doc, to put a humorous spin on the whole 7 year thing :rofl:. You’re too funny!

Happy Holidays!

Char

Moreira
    moreira

I was leading to conclude that ,considering – Music,Dance,Drinks&Food

and a nice athmosphere-Royal Palms is the best choice for this

NYE in GC.

Am I correct?

Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

moreira,

You would have a great time at the Royal Palms on New Year’s Eve. You may also wish to consider all the other fantastic dining and dancing options available by looking at the Restaurant and After Hours Topics.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

jpep

Divesergeant
    divesergeant
    Participant

Fellow Divers,

My idea for NYE is to rent a tank and wade in off the shore behind our lodging at about 11:45 and not come up until 2007. Since I love working midnights I’m partial to night dives anyway, and it’s just another excuse to go diving.

An added bonus: No hangover!

DS

Divnpaul
    divnpaul
    Participant

Now you’re talkin’ DS!!!!!

I used to go to bed at 10pm on 12/31 and get up early and go skiing. You never saw slopes more deserted!! Yeehaw!!

This year, I gotta work……

RichRey
    RichRey

Thanks to all for the replies and feedback.

It looks like the Reef Grill at the Royal Palms Beach Club might be our best our option. Although diving on NYE does sound interesting . . . our regs, however, might get in the way of the New Year’s kiss. 🙂

If you go to Reef Grill, I’ll look forward to chatting with you. My name is Richard and my wife is Beverly. I am white and she is chinese-american, so we are not too difficult to miss.

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas (or Hannakhah)!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE