CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Need Location For Business Meeting

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Need Location For Business Meeting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Toback
    toback

My family vacationed last year in Grand Cayman. Absolutely loved it. Stayed in a condo and was perfect for the family.

However, I am now in charge of planning a meeting next year, for 9 docs with spouses from all across US. Needs to be a “special” event. Cayman seems great as it is easy access from the east and west coasts.

Am I best with a resort hotel, or are there other more intimate options? Is Ritz most suitable, or are there others that would compete for our needs (e.g. Westin)? I don’t want to say that money is not a factor, as I am expected to make the meeting cost efficient, but this annual meeting is a high quality event for this group. I don’t want to plan in a loud, busy resort. I will need a meeting room for the nine docs (board room style). Spa services for the women (although they could travel to another site for the spa if needed). Great beach on site with amenities.

Any other suggestions, or contacts would be welcome! Thank You!

-Greg

Welcome to the forum toback 🙂 ,

I think that the Marriott Beach Resort would be absolutely perfect for what you describe. They are a first class resort hotel, but with a somewhat “intimate” and personal feel. I’m sure they can provide you with exactly what you need. I would try contacting them first through our Hotel Search page, http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/templates/SoftBlue/images/HotelSearchLinkIcon.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

For something like this, however, Joe might be able to give you another contact person who would work out the details for a group.

I’m sure that when you had a great family vacation last year in a condo in Cayman, you went back home and thought what a great place it would be for your group. In my opinion, staying at a place like the Ritz would not even capture what appealed to you about the Cayman Islands….if you do a little reading on the forum, you’ll see that we’re not too fond of that hotel.

Also, I think that “cost efficient” and the Ritz is an oxymoron….. 🙄

Just my two cents,

Char

Toback
    toback

thanks for your advice on this. We went to the beach at the Marriott when we were down there. seems nice although we didn’t poke around too much. good to know about the Ritz; didn’t figure on that! I’ll investigate. any opinion on Westin? thanks again. -Greg

Anonymous

Welcome toback:

The Westin is not an Activity Guide recommended property.

Besides Char’s excellent suggestions, you may also want to visit our Wedding Resource Page at our main site since weddings and group functions have so many similarities. You will find a lot of information about the various venues, procedures and savings.

Have a great vacation!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE