DIVE

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriott Pirates Buffet Dinner Show | Photos | Reviews | Discount!

HOME Forums Dining and Entertainment After Hours Marriott Pirates Buffet Dinner Show | Photos | Reviews | Discount!

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Petross, glad you enjoyed it, we had on a previous trip as well. Folks should be aware it has changed. The manager told me they no longer have the old performer, something about he moved off the island. When that occurred I do not know. I described the show we saw rather than just use superlatives such as “it was great” or “it stunk”. If you think watching a bunch of women run around pulling men’s shirts off is fun then by all means go and the women doing that seemed to be enjoying themselves. But everyone should know it is not the fire show advertised in CAG nor the one they may have previously seen or heard about. As you noted there was no limbo dancing. If they no longer offer that as part of the show then they should stop advertising it.

Yes, Cayman is a foreign country and one used to catering to US visitors. Every establishment we encountered willingly put our bill in US dollars, most we did not have to ask. As I mentioned even the Marriott gave us a bill to sign that was in US $ but the amount posted to our account is not what we signed for in US or CI or Euros for that matter. Yes, we are disputing the bill.

Masley
    masley

I attended the pirates show at the Marriott 3 weeks ago and it was fantastic. The food was very fresh, most of the meats and seafood were replaced several times. They did not have a limbo dancer but I was not even aware that was part of the show. There were no girls running around tearing shirts off of anybody either. I tend to agree with the last poster, about someone who spent a little too much on their vacation and now wants to try and get some of the charges reduced or compensated or whatever. You said you have the documents showing what was offered, what was provided, what was over charged. Post them. Let’s have a look.

Actually, most cc companies charge a foreign transaction fee regardless of what currency is used. We have more than one card of nearly every denomination (amex, mc, visa and discover) and the only ones that do not charge a transaction fee are the Capital One Visas.

Surprised by the rude comments, guess negative reviews are not allowed. At least anyone planning a vacation will know it was honest and not paid for. Can’t find where I referred to all these “documents” but I’m not going to post my credit card bill or receipts, what would motivate a stranger to ask/demand such a thing on a public site? I’ll correct my own bill, thank you. The photos and descriptions of the show are on this site and the printed guide which is why I posted here. If that is the show others saw, I’m happy for them, they saw a good show and got what they paid for. It was not the show the evening my family attended and we feel we were misled. Our bill came before the show and we were not surprised by it but when the amount we signed for was not what the Marriott posted two days later, I guess you could say I was surprised since posting an amount not authorized is fraudulent by any standards. The message is check your bills and save your receipts, who disputes that advice? Also check with your credit card regarding the foreign exchange rate, we are glad we did.

I’ve shared all I can but if masley and others want to describe the show they saw I’m sure that would be helpful to future visitors. They can’t go by the pictures and descriptions on CAG. I’m sure CAG wants to provide accurate info to the users of this site and I can’t imagine that they won’t do their own investigation about the changes that have taken place at the Marriott buffet. Allow me to add the info on here is very helpful and has been very accurate on the other establishments we patronized while in Cayman. Being able to make reservations online at one site is very helpful.

I look forward to using CAG on future visits with a more discerning eye.

Hanigan
    hanigan

We absolutely loved the pirate show at the Marriott. Their quality and selection of food was amazing. I’ve never seen that much incredible food before and went back several times. Now it’s back to the gym to work it all off. 😀 The show, service, music, all exceptional, our best night in the Cayman Islands.

JKman
    JKman

I thought you had some documents to post??? What was offered? What was provided? What price was advertised? What price was billed? How much of the cost was CI -> US conversion, how much of the cost was Credit Card charges, international fees, etc. Do you even know these things or is it just easier to try and blame the whole thing on the Marriott, even for things they have no control over like currency conversions and international processing fees.

Brison
    brison

I booked this through the activity guide site and they replied, gave the discount with no problem, told us they did not have a fire eater or limbo in the summer months, so everything was up front for us anyway. I can’t wait to see the show with all that incredible food right on the beach!

Jurek
    jurek

I was thinking of booking this for our main night out. If they don’t have the fire eater or limbo do they still offer live music and some kind of show? Just the buffet on the beach looks fantastic to me!

Jimmight
    jimmight

do you do vow renewals on the beach? if so, can those be scheduled after we arrive? How much would something like this cost.

SamIrene
    SamIrene

I just read that somewhere the Marriott do have wedding planners for renewing vows on the beach, but I can’t remember where! I am pretty sure it was somewhere on the main part of the website. We’re thinking of doing the same thing so I’ll add the link if I find it again.

Acatalina
    acatalina
    Participant

Can we book this on line ? I could have swore i saw a link

want to do the 6pm friday.

Link is here

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/dine/view.php?id=39

Did not see price but discount very good.

Acatalina
    acatalina
    Participant

MelisaEdward wrote:

Link is here

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/dine/view.php?id=39

Did not see price but discount very good.

I called them to book it. The show looks cool. Thank you!

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE