DIVE

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriott Pirates Buffet Dinner Show | Photos | Reviews | Discount!

HOME Forums Dining and Entertainment After Hours Marriott Pirates Buffet Dinner Show | Photos | Reviews | Discount!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author

We were there last month, and it was excellent! Great food, lots of it, good show. I think they have at least 1 show in the off season, had 2 when we were there.

Rroque901
    rroque901

Is this still going on and are there set dates? Pricing?

Thanks!

Smetak
    smetak

The pirates show at the Marriott is well worth seeing! Lots of great food, great music, great service, what more can I say? We loved it.

Pridham
    pridham

Good to hear. I’m planning on going too!

LilyZ
    LilyZ

Me too. Thanks for all the info!

Jandbconst
    jandbconst

The Marriott buffet show has a LOT of great food, a lot of nice people helping with everything, a lot of fun entertainment, and a really terrific band. This is a good show and great food for anyone visiting the Cayman Islands.

Petross
    petross

We loved the pirate show at the Marriott. The food, show, service, everything was terrific. They did not have the limbo dancer the night we were there but the show was still a lot of fun. The food selection was incredible, they must have had 100 things to choose from, and a huge selection of seafood. We liked a lot of the restaurants in the Caymans but this one was by far the best show, and largest selection of food. Well worth the price of admission.

The Buccaneer’s Feast as they now call it is a bunch of false advertising. Mediocre food tho lots of it but it is not kept at safe serving temperatures. Yes, I got sick. The show used to be good but is awful and a total ripoff. The fire show was less than five minutes, no limbo, no audience participation with the fire man nothing like any of the pictures on this sight. There was some loud guy doing audience participation that included women running around pulling belts off of men’s pants and pulling shirts off then they gave some little kid a prize of a coupon for alcohol. If you are in to tacky bar room entertainment then this is the place. If you want the family oriented show worth watching and spending this much money then don’t waste your money here. Complaining to the management was an exercise in futility. To top it off when our credit card bill posted they charged us extra and put it in CI$ even tho we had signed a lower bill in US $. Then Chase Visa charged a foreign transaction fee too. The real catch is they get you to sign the bill before the show. There is much better food at much better prices elsewhere on the island.

JKman
    JKman

It could have been worse, at least you didn’t go to the one at the Weston. It’s the same show and food and costs double. I guess even the hotels in Cayman are cutting back for the recession.

Lfreitag
    lfreitag

Thanks! I have reservations for this show tomorrow night. Cancelling right now! I had a feeling it wasnt up to par when I called and made the reservations.

Glad to have helped. We saw it several years ago and it fit many of the previous reviews. It has changed drastically but the advertising has not. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! I recommend Papagallo’s or The Lighthouse or Roland’s Garden if you need suggestions. Far better food for less money and no painfully poor show to endure.

And BTW All-inclusive does not include the 15% gratuity they tacked on.

Shelly
    shelly

hmmm–Brenda–are you sure that the bill wasn’t in CI because if it was then it would have appeared on your credit card bill in USD and would have been 25% higher that the Cayman dollar amount.

Yep Chase charges a foreign transaction fee even when you sign your charge in USD. (Strange, but that’s what they do. If it’s a foreign country, doesn’t matter if you pay in USD, they still charge you the foreign transaction fee)

Shelly 🙂

Shelly, Thanks but yes we are SURE the bill is in US$ It was originally presented to us in CI$ and without the 10% CAG discount. We sent it back to have the 10% removed and have it put in US$. I still have my copy of the receipt where we did the math. Even if it had been in CI the amount overcharged when posted to our account is not what the conversion would be. Thanks to Sunset House we were made aware of some cc companies charging foreign transaction fees before we came to the islands. We had contacted Chase prior to our trip and were assured as long as we had the bills charged in US$ there would be NO transaction fee. That has been the case with every other cc purchase we made on the island. The only one where there is a foreign transaction fee is this one from the Marriott. US visitors need to be aware to check with their cc company before they come. This is a relatively new way for cc to charge additional fees not because they need to but because they can.

Petross
    petross

I went to the pirate show at the Marriott when I was there with my family in May and we all loved it. They had more food than I’ve ever seen before, and it was all very fresh.

They are a foreign country so they charge in their own currency, most of the places there charged in Caymans dollars. The Marriott has nothing to do with adding on currency conversions or international charges, you need to take that up with Chase, or read the fine print on the back of the statements.

The Marriott pirate show was one the best parts of our vacation. We will definitely go again and I highly recommend this restaurant. It had the most food for the best price of any restaurant we went to, and the show was lots of fun.

Smetak
    smetak

It sounds to me like just another traveler who spent a little too much and got a big surprise when the bill came. I went to the Marriott show, after a VERY LOUSY SHOW WITH HORRIBLE FOOD AND ABSURD PRICES, but that was on the other side of the island. The Marriott is a first rate resort and the food they serve is fresh and well prepared. I stay at Marriotts throught the world and they are all first class. The only mistake I made was staying at a DIFFERENT resort last trip to the Caymans. Next trip I will be staying at the Marritt and I am very much looking forward to seeing their show again and eating all that incredible food right on the beach.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE