CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Husker
    husker

I emailed Christy back on the 17th. Still no word. Has anyone found out anything about the CAG discount?

Dob65
    dob65

Good morning – my last email was a few days ago and nothing has changed yet. I wonder if they have even contacted anyone from CAG yet? She mentioned to me that the person who decides this is very busy at the moment (high season). She didn’t say the person’s name ,but she said their title was Sales and Marketing director. I think if Christy was the decision maker we would be all set, but it’s not her call.

I might send off an email to this other person to see if I get any reply. I hate to bug them about it, but as I stated earlier, it’s a big chunk of $$ for me. I’ll keep everyone informed! Have a good day – it’s 1.8 degrees outside (about -15 windchill)!! :crying:

Anonymous

The Marriott has undergone a major management change and they are no longer able to offer a fixed discount to our members as they have in the past. They will still provide the lowest rates possible to our members who make contact via our Hotel Search feature. However, anyone with an existing reservation or reward points will not qualify for additional discounts; and any discount offers may not be combined to achieve a cumulative effect.

I have revised the first post in this topic to avoid any future problems and I apologize for any confusion that may have been caused during this period of management transition.

As always, regardless of where you made your reservations, always ask for the GM (or assistant GM) when you arrive and let them know you are an Activity Guide member who is staying there on our recommendation and that you plan on posting a trip report when you return. I can assure you that you will be given the very best treatment and in some cases (when available and subject to season and occupancy) a possible upgrade or perk.

Husker
    husker

Thanks for finding out what was going on Joe! I haven’t gotten a reply from Christy about our reward information and it was a month the 17th.

Cant wait to hear about dob65’s stay at the Marriott. I am hoping that the management changes will be for the good. My fiancee was on a review site and saw several negative reviews that have been posted recently about the hotel- so we are hoping it was an isolated event.

I keep reminding her that it really doesnt matter- we will be in the Caymans and to relax!

0302wife
    0302wife
    Participant

I just booked our room at The Marriott for 3 nights in May. They have an “escape” package that is $263/night, breakfast for 2 daily, bottle of champagne and a welcome gift. We have never been here so hopefully we did the right thing. It certainly sounded like a great deal and the reviews on the resort sounded great to me. When I called the hotel though, they said all the rooms were on the beach side and I read here that some of the rooms were across the street..so I am confused about that.

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Hey 0302wife,

Marriott Beach Resort is located on the beach side of 7MB and they do not have any rooms which face City View. (They have there catering hall on that side of the building) Some rooms face Ocean and some the garden (which is the tutle lagoon) and some face Comfot suites (the hotel next door)

There is a Courtyard Marriott which is across the street from 7MB. Not even a 5 minute walk across the road and you have a huge non crowded beachfront!

Kkakinka
    kkakinka

I have used the “hotel search special rates” link on this website during the past week (requested rate twice) but I’ve never received any response. Is this link working? I am trying to book for May 11th which is comming soon, so any answer is appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

Hillberry
    Hillberry

I received a reply, got a discount, and actually went ahead and made the reservation. I usually stay in a condo but want to try something different this time. I do enough cooking at home!

DrCara
    DrCara

This forum is great! I have more than enough to thoroughly enjoy my 2nd visit to Cayman. Though I still need a hotel! I prefer to stay at the Marriott and have so far sent two requests for a rate quote but haven’t heard back. I am interested to hear from people who have booked the Marriott through CAG what kind of rates they got (I am traveling in late April/early May this year) and if it is worth waiting or if I should be pursuing another hotel. Thanks in advance!

Burgesstx
    Burgesstx

We will be going to Grand Cayman for the first time on 6/24. We are a family of 6, plus teenager is bringing a friend. What all is within walking distance from the Marriott? Fast food and nicer restaurants? Stores? Just curious if we need a rental van for the whole trip or not. Thanks for your information!

Debra

Hi Burgesstx! Welcome to the forum 🙂 ,

I’m assuming that you are staying at the Marriott Beach Resort and not the Courtyard……..if that is the case, then you really are going to be located in a very convenient location, close to lot of shops and restaurants. Even though I always recommend that people get a car for their entire Cayman vacation, I know that a van gets pretty pricey, so I would have to say that you really might be able to get along without one for part of the time. Just be sure that you do rent it for at least a few days so that you can explore the island and go places like Rum Point, and the Blowholes…..that sort of thing. Andy’s car rental has an office location located practically across the street from the Marriott. Be sure to reserve your car on-line in advance, in order to get your Cayman Activity Guide discount (type in CAG20 as the discount code). Keep in mind that when you rent from Andy’s for six days, you’ll get the seventh one free……but maybe you really won’t need it for that many days.

Staying at the Marriott, you’ll be able to easily walk to casual restaurants such as Coconut Joe’s, Stinger’s and Aqua Beach, as well as to the Reef Grill up at the Royal Palms, Hemmingways at the Cayman Beach Suites, and then down to the Wharf, for nicer fare. Not to mention that there are nice restaurants and shops right at your hotel.

Some of the tourist activities and dive shops will pick you up right at your hotel for their activities. I’m sure you’ll want to go to Stingray City, and we highly recommend going with Soto’s Cruises, who will definitely pick you up at your hotel if you’re staying along the 7 Mile Beach.

Depending on your energy levels, you really might be able to walk into Georgetown from there (it’s not too far….) where you’ll find lots of shops and restaurants. However, there are a couple of small shopping centers just up the road from you that have plenty of shops too.

There is a public bus that runs along the road too, so you might even be able to learn to get around that way. Bottom line is, you’ll probably be just fine if you don’t rent the car for the whole time.

Good luck with your planning!

Char

Burgesstx
    Burgesstx

Thank you very much for your wonderful reply! So much information! I appreciate it so much! That is pretty much what I was hoping to hear. We will definitely rent a van for some of the time, but for the beach days, I just can’t see paying for a van to just sit there. Glad to know Andy’s is just across the street too. Thanks again!

Debra

Oh, you’re welcome! Glad it helped!

Just to clarify for others, the main office for Andy’s is at the airport, but they also have another office along 7 Mile Beach (which just happens to be practically across the street from the Marriott). It makes it really easy to access when someone just needs a car for a few days and you’re staying in that area.

Char

Sanderson
    sanderson

Hey Burgesstx!

We were there just last year at around the same time! Andy’s is right across the street and we used it and had great service. I booked our rental car via email a few weeks before and we had no trouble. We are a family of four and only had a car for 1/2 the time. Next time we will get a car for our entire trip. The island is so beautiful and we felt stranded without one. Also, across the street is Coconut Joe’s! You’ve got to give it a try! Go for their banana panckaes one morning…you won’t regret it. My 8 year old daughter could not get enough of them!

Teambannan
    teambannan

I’m new to the forum and heading to GC next week. We will be staying at the Marriott Beach Resort. I see they offer upgrades to CAG members so i’m looking forward to that possibility. I have a few questions:

Are their bike rentals available?

What type of power outlets are there?

Does Marriott offer transportation from/to the airport? If not, what should we use for that?

Are cabs safe to use? If so, what cabs should we use?

Are their drug stores nearby or Urgent Care facilities? (our daughter tends to get sick just in time for vacation just about every time) 🙂

Any information would be much appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE