CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • Author

dob65 wrote:

The salesman said that the Cayman resort was on the list to build vacation villas in the near future. I think he said they would be located adjacent to the Beach Resort. Anyone else hear this?

Interesting…. I wonder of they bought the Turtle Beach Villas site?!

thanks for the info dob65

dob65,

I’m so sorry about the troubles you are having communicating with the Marriott Beach Resort. Joe has told us that Nadia, who was his contact person in the past, is no longer there, so he plans to go over there and meet with the new staff person as soon as possible. I’m sure that’s why there is this confusion.

I don’t know what else to tell you right now about the discount…..but, I really do love your avatar 😆 !

Char

Dob65
    dob65

Nadia not being there explains alot. Last year when we came down she was the person I spoke with and she handled the reservation. The new contact is Christy and she was very nice on the phone. I think she must be just learning the ropes. Whatever way it turns out, in the end we are still coming down! :clap:

:parrot: So excited! I’ll be there in less than a week! Let the packing begin! :parrot:

Dob65
    dob65

Denise – if you are staying at the Marriott, did you receive a discount? Maybe you could find Christy and ask her to respond to my e-mail! Have a great time and give us an update when you return.

Thanks, but we’ve got the biggest discount of all…..FREE! Actually hubby won a trip for working his fanny off last year.

I’ll give Christy the message if I see her! :thumb:

Husker
    husker

Several days ago I emailed Christy to ask about the CAG discount and to give her our Marriott Rewards number, and let her know this trip was for our honeymoon. She emailed me back today and told me she was not aware of any discount, and she gave me a list of prices for upgrades. I am not trying to be greedy, just want to make things special for my future wife, and will pay for the better room – but a discount would have been great.

I hadnt posted anything to the board here yet- had just been reading all this great info! Thanks so much to everyone

I also mentioned all the great reviews of the hotel on this board, and told Christy that I would be writing a review and posting photos for everyone to see on our return.

Dob65
    dob65

Husker – congrats on the marriage. You sound like a great guy. You’re also lucky that Christy emailed you back. I’ve been waiting for days and might just give her a call today. It’s unfortunate that they are not honoring the CAG discount. The hotel is very nice, but I wonder about spending that much on a hotel that won’t even return my emails. (do I sound bitter) 😡

Anyway – have a great time on your honeymoon!

Husker
    husker

Not too bitter dob65. lol. I was slightly surprised that the hotel did not offer anything for honeymoons. We looked at a lot that would give you at least a fruit basket. She did not even offer suggestions help make this trip a more memorable occasion for us. I emailed her back today with some more questions- so hopefully it won?t take too long to get a reply. We got a voucher with the package I booked with expedia for a food and beverage credit- and she told me she had no idea what that was. So now trying to figure out if we get the credit from the hotel, or if it is something we have to get directly from expeida.

After reading all the previous posts about Nadia, I am slightly disappointed on missing out on her being there.

Dob65
    dob65

Well Christy did email be back this afternoon. She was very nice and cleared up a few things for me regarding my rooms. She also stated that she spoke with the director of Sales and Marketing about the CAG discount and said they would work on getting a meeting with someone from CAG to clear things up. She said she would keep me informed as to the outcome and felt bad about the situation. Overall, she answered all my questions and fixed an error on my reservation.

My family truly enjoyed our visit last year and is looking forward to another wonderful visit. We are taking my parents down with us this year as a Birthday present to my mom. One month to go and counting!

Don’t know anything about the Expedia voucher. I would definitely check into that myself (especially considering the price of food down there!).

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

dob65 Yikes, thats alot of communication or lack there of…

I am sure you will have a fabulous time. Most importantly, I hope they can arrange some sort of “special something” to accommodate you and your family. Though that ocean front room seems to be a perfect gift to yourself! I still dream of hanging on the balcony, cold one in hand, watching the sun set.

Wishing you well on your fabulous Cayman Vacation! :palm:

Dob65
    dob65

Michelle – ooooh – cold one!! I’m not too partial to beer, but one of those Cayman lemonades sounds good! The sunsets from those rooms can’t be beat. Hope you had a great time on your vacation!

ps – It’s 12 degrees outside 🙁

Sweet
    sweet

Hi! Does anyone know if the Marriott Beach Resort has coffee makers in the room? I sure do need my early morning coffee! 🙂

Their website says there are coffee makers in the room :thumb:

Char

Dob65
    dob65

Hi – if I remember from last year, they are the tiny 4 cup ones. The Marriott is a very nice hotel, hope you enjoy it. I’ll be there in three weeks!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE