CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

From Cayman Net News:

The Grand Cayman Marriott?s new recruit

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2006/01/1002/images/thegrandcayman.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Ruby, an Eclectus Parrot and the Grand Cayman

Marriott?s latest recruit

Friday, January 6, 2006

Rather an unconventional Maitre d? ? Ruby, an Eclectus Parrot ? is the latest new team member at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort and she is doing an excellent job at the Resort?s breakfast restaurant.

It is her first job and she generally starts her day by welcoming and chatting to guests and Cayman residents as they sit down to their a la carte breakfast at the Red Parrot Restaurant each morning from 7:00-11:00 am.

Visitors can also visit Ruby during the afternoons at the Resort?s martini and tapas bar, Balboa?s Lounge.

Chris Sariego, Managing Director of the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort said he welcomed Ruby to the Marriott family and believed she brought with her an ideal mix of colour, character and tropical heritage to the Resort, which recently won the honoured title of Grand Cayman?s Leading Hotel for 2005.

?Ruby symbolises a very exciting year ahead for the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort,? he said.

?After a challenging but rewarding year for the Resort in 2005, the arrival of Ruby symbolises the vibrancy we promise to deliver to Grand Cayman in 2006.

?The colour and energy Ruby brings with her perfectly symbolises the attitude of the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort as we celebrate the first year in our newly renovated $15 million Resort.

?The Ruby effect will radiate further as we launch a series of exciting exhibitions by prominent Caymanian artists, which we are planning for early 2006,? he added.

The distant heritage of Ruby descends from the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, and northeastern Australia. Before working in the tourism industry the Eclectus parrots were predominantly tree-dwellers whose indigenous habitats were in and around lowland tropical forests.

Ruby was hand reared in the USA and is nine months old. Typical of the female Eclectus parrot, Ruby?s colouring is distinguished by a most magnificent red crimson, which contrasts sharply with her brilliant blue tummy.

Ruby enjoys spending her afternoons mixing and talking to the Caymanian birds that frequent the tropical garden that surrounds the Resort?s newly habituated Turtle Lagoon.

Hannah Adlam, Food and Beverage Manager and Ruby?s primary caretaker, said, ?Ruby is an extremely affectionate and talkative bird and enjoys saying ?hello? to the guests at The Red Parrot Restaurant each morning. Spending time with Ruby sends all the stress of the day flooding away.

?Her favourite time of the day is the morning time shared with the guests when she also enjoys a breakfast of grapes, apples, nuts and carrots?.

The Red Parrot restaurant is open for a la carte breakfast between 7:00 ? 11:00 am every morning.

No reservations necessary however if a party desires breakfast for a party of eight or more please call the Concierge at the Marriott on 949 0088.

Cindylou
    cindylou

We stayed here when we first arrived on island and were waiting for our home to be ready and it is really a lovely place to stay and with the new beach restoration, which was in progress while we were there, it should have a terrific beach as well.

One of my favorite parts of the place was the rooms themselves. I loved how they blended what I call British Colonial (the dark woods) with the citrusy splashes of Caribbean color.

We hung out at Balboas a couple of nights while hubby quaffed a bevvie or two and then of course you have all been subjected to my thoughts on dining out looking over the water there (get there when the harpist is playing and it is just magical and sooooooo romantic).

And the mattresses on the beds are HEAVEN, really very very very cozy mattresses, in fact, I’m still trying to figure out if they would notice if I snuck over there and “borrowed” one for my house 😮 😮

Thanks for sharing the photos Joe! Having stayed there just a month ago I can’t say enough good things about it and the photos say far more than I could ramble on about!

Cindy Lou

Dob65
    dob65

I can’t wait to meet Ruby. My DD (6yrs old) loves exotic birds. My hubby won’t let us get any real pets (fish & land hermit crabs). The pictures of this resort make me want to go upstairs and pack right now! I still have to do a few loads of laundry first, so that will have to wait until tomorrow!

Can’t wait to see Ruby friday!!

Celine
    Celine

ohmygosh…………that BEAUTIFUL parrot, martini and tapas bars, the newly remodeled resort, the beautiful rooms, the beach back……..isn’t that the place that also has the turtle pond!!!??? I SO have to see that place, it sounds absolutely WONDERFUL!

What is the tapas bar food like……LOVE tapas!

Great photo again Joe for your COFFEETABLEBOOK…….good grief, you have half the work done already…..add a few lines of your poetry to each Cayman photo…..have all of us write a line or two about Cayman for the inside front and back covers, and dump it all at the printers and make sure they do justice to your work!

Celine

Ajwalker
    ajwalker
    Participant

I’m confirmed! That HOTEL SEARCH is great! I got most of my rates the same day, and they were all lower than anywhere else. I picked the Marriott. I come to the message board almost every day. Its my favorite site and I’ve learned so much about the islans its like I been there already! It gets better here every day. Keep up the good work everyone! :cheers:

Pbossmen
    pbossmen

I remember seeing an email link to “Nadia” at the Marriott Beach Resort, (or perhaps I dreamed it!)?? I’ve looked and looked, is it possible for someone to post it one more time…..I would appreciate it greatly!

We usually stay at Lacovia but after seeing this we want to give the Marriott a try!

Dreaming of Blue Water,

Pam in Park City

Anonymous

pbossmen – Please use our http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/templates/SoftBlue/images/HotelSearchLinkIcon.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" /> and check the Marriott box to establish contact. You will receive a personal reply and unless you are coming at a particularly busy time they will usually offer our members some kind of perk, even if you are staying on points. 😉

Welcome ajwalker,

Glad the hotel search worked out for you…. you are in for a great vacation.

If you haven’t reserved you car yet try Andy’s, great rates and a great ACtivity Guide discount as well….. you can book directly with them at their web site. Be sure to use the discount code CAG20..

http://www.andysrentacar.com

Have a Great Day!!!

Celine
    Celine

WELCOME ajwalker…….and CONGRATULATIONS on your booking!!!!!! 😀

You’re in for an AMAZING vacation!

Celine

Roadrunner
    roadrunner

I want to sign up for a reservation using the Cayman activity guide, but when I click on the INformation link, it brings me back to here.

so do I call or check a web page ?

The Marriott looks fantastic! I real want to stay there.

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Just call Tel: 345-949-8088 to reserve and mention the CAG website discount.

Just an FYI for anyone traveling during the weekend of May 13th-14th 2006 let me know, I can include you in our group rate, which is 215 per night. Just PM me or reply for details and confirmation.

(I also have one at Comfort Suites as well) :cheers:

Warm Regards,

Michelle :band1:

roadrunner wrote:

I want to sign up for a reservation using the Cayman activity guide, but when I click on the INformation link, it brings me back to here.

so do I call or check a web page ? I am a MArriots reward member.

Hi Roadrunner.

That information link brings you back to the forum that shows what the resort is like and all the amenities… which is this thread…

To request availability and the discount, check the button on the left, fill in your information at the top and then submit the request… They will contact you via email…

Good Luck!

roadrunner wrote:

so do I call or check a web page ? I am a MArriots reward member.

Hi Roadrunner –

After you fill out the information at the top for date and number of people, click any boxes to the left side of each property you are interested in,

THEN, scroll down to the bottom and hit the submit button. Let me know if that doesn’t work. I’m not sure what the information link is supposed to do, will look into that.

Anonymous

Thanks Kay – That’s exactly right.

The information link takes you to the property-specific topic for more information. 😉

Islandbum
    islandbum

I am so excited I just booked a stay at the Marriott for first week in August after looking at pictures of the new Marriott. I was really concerned about the beach area but after viewing Joe’s picture it looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would love to see more pictures and find out about kids activities at the MArriott or on the island.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE