CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Marriott Beach Resort | PHOTOS | REVIEWS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Primrose
    primrose

WOW! I heard they made some changes to the Marriott but I never dreamed it would look that good. I have just decided where my next visit will be! :cheers:

Tgking95
    tgking95

Thanks for the great pictures, Joe. I’m sure jlwest73 will be appreciative, too. We want to try to stay there the next time.

Ginny

Cphogan
    cphogan

The Marriott looks great!! I just booked the Courtyard because I was told the Marriott does not have much beach. Now I am torn!!! Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

Anonymous

cphogan – Welcome to the forum. 😀

There is no comparison between the Courtyard and the Marriott Beach Resort. The Courtyard is an excellent facility geared towards budget-conscious travelers and is not directly on the beach. The new Marriott Beach Resort is slightly more expensive but it’s a virtual palace situated directly on the ocean. Their beach sand comes and goes but there is always a nice sandy area around the pool and at least some sand on the beach for lounge chairs.

It might be worth getting a quote from the Marriott Beach Resort for the nights you are staying and mentioning your Activity Guide discount. 😉

Has the contact person changed for the Marriott? Is Nadia still there?

Anonymous

blackdiamond08 – In order to receive a personal rate quote with your Activity Guide discount, you now need to contact the Marriott by using our new Hotel Search feature http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/templates/SoftBlue/images/HotelSearchLinkIcon.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" /> . Don’t forget, this discount may not be combined with Marriott Reward points.

Glass23
    glass23

AW

How did you like the Marriott? How was the beach?

Anonymous

glass23 – The beach at the Marriott changes from week to week and we are having a nor’wester at the moment, so whatever AW experienced will likely be different in a few days. I am headed to the beach on Sunday and I’ll post an update and a few pictures when I get back. 😉

Here’s some recent pictures of the resort: http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/ButtonHere.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Glass23
    glass23

Thanks Joe!

Thats where I’ve booked for Feb, and Im bringing 3 friends- so after reading some reviews, I’ve been nervous about the beach, or lack of one.

Thanks again!

Anonymous

glass23 – No problem, but you need to know that even if there is a massive beach there on Sunday it’s no guarantee that it will be that way when you arrive in February. The Marriott is in a location that is vulnerable to beach erosion. That said, it’s still one of my all time favorite resorts – especially since the remodeling and I would stay there no matter how much (or little) beach they had. Worst case, you could always walk a few yards down the beach to where there is always plenty of sand. 😉

Glass23
    glass23

Thanks Joe.

Good to know that worst case scenario, there will be sand nearby.

I appreciate the information!

AlW
    AlW
    Participant

We liked the Marriott and managed to get an upgrade from a Courtyard to Ocean view room courtesy of the CAG! Although the view was more restaurant canopy than ocean! The 2nd floor ocean view rooms around 250 suffer from being above the outside restaurant and the canopy that covers it comes above balcony level.

The internal space and the rooms are excellent, if anything the outside areas are a bit of a disappointment – the pool area, bar and beach are nowhere near the standard of the Westin or Hyatt. The beach is very small and quite steep, so you slide off your lounger. But as Joe says it changes daily and it’s not far to a much better beach.

The Marriott is ideally placed in that it is close to town but also not far from the good beaches and Hyatt/Westin. For us it was perfect and excellent value for money.

Alastair 😀

Glass23
    glass23

Thanks for the report AW!

Pete
    pete

This truly is the best Cayman site we have found.

We will be at Marriott GC for one week w/o car rental. I understands that this location may be walking distance to Gtown. Is this true? If so is it safe with traffic.

Besides Rum point (hoping Ferry is running in Feb) how do we kill time with newly crowned 18 yr old besides sun bath (which sounds great right now).

We were thinking of renting scooters versus car and sea-doos on some days as well.

Sorry for long post and please place in the proper forum section if this is the wrong one.

BTW, does Marriott have highspeed wireless?

Thanks to all !!! 90 days to GC

Title edited for clarity – scubachar

Anonymous

Hi pete – Welcome to the forum. 😀

The Marriott is roughly 2 miles to George Town. Stay on the left until you pass the Esso and you will have a safe walk to town along a sidewalk.

Without a car you are limited to the area around the Marriott and town. I would get a car for at least a day or two so you can explore the beauty of the island.

If you don’t get a car you can take advantage of the places that offer free pickup: Atlantis Submarine, Soto’s Cruises, Bubble Sub, Eden Rock Divers, et. al. You will find them all in Activity Guide. 😉

I have no idea when the Rum Point Ferry will start running again and I have given up trying. Every time I call Red Sail I get a different answer. In February, I would not count on it.

You can rent almost any kind of watersport toy right at the Marriott, or near by at Royal Palms.

The Marriott offers WiFi internet to their guests.

Please go to your profile when you have time and activate your vacation countdown. You are in for a wonderful vacation. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE