CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Marriot Courtyard v. Sunshine Suites

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Marriot Courtyard v. Sunshine Suites

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

[align=justify] Hi Everyone, I have never been to the Caymans, looking forward to surprising my boyfriend with a 7 night stay there in December for a graduation present 🙂

We are in our early 20’s and like to be out and about constantly, so I am looking for a budget friendly hotel room that is still pretty nice. So far it seems that the two best options for my budget are courtyard marriott and sunshine suites.

Like I said, we probably wont be in the room much, just to sleep and maybe grab a snack. Which is our best bet out of the 2? Called courtyard and reserved a room, said they weren’t going to be closing. Any opinions on one or the other as far as saving money, nice place to stay, and being close to the main attractions? thanks for any advice! 🙂

Jill

Welcome to the forum umthisismysn 🙂 ,

What a great idea for a present for your boyfriend! You guys will have a great time!

I can’t really comment on either of the two properties that you are considering from personal experience, except that you probably know that they are both ACROSS the street from the 7 Mile Beach. It’s a little farther of a walk from Sunshine Suites to the beach than it is from the Marriott Courtyard. Not sure if that would matter to you…..you’ll definitely want a car if you stay at either one of those, since they aren’t too close to other activities. Sunshine Suites is one of our recommended properties, so be sure you contact them through our http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/templates/SoftBlue/images/HotelSearchLinkIcon.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" /> page…..you should get a discount by being a member here.

However, I have a couple of suggestions. Comfort Suites is a very popular lower cost hotel and it is right in the middle of the action. It’s on the same side of the road as the beach, although you need to walk down a little path to get to the beach….no one seems to care, though. As I said, you are very close to lots of restaurants and shops and not very far from Georgetown in that location. You can contact them for a quote through that same Hotel Search page, since they are also one of our recommended properties.

Now….since it sounds like you are trying to save money where you can, I would like to suggest that you not rule out staying in a condo instead of a hotel. Restaurants are pretty expensive in Cayman and having a kitchen gives you the flexibility of eating simple breakfasts and lunches in your condo and going out for dinner when you feel like it. (Although I do think that Comfort Suites provides a complimentary breakfast….not sure, though). Anyway, you might want to check out some of our recommended condo properties just for comparison.

The last thing I want to tell you is that Dec. 15th is the beginning of the high season in Cayman, and the closer you get to the holidays the more expensive everything will be and the less discounts will be available….at least that’s what I’ve heard. Not sure when you were going to be going in December, but if you could slip it in before Dec. 15th, you could save a lot of money.

Just some thoughts! Have fun with your planning!

Char

Anonymous

Great ideas Char!

I just want to add that the Courtyard is closing soon and no longer a property that we recommend; and that they are at least two miles farther away from central Seven Mile Beach than Sunshine Suites. From Sunshine Suites you can walk to the Strand supermarket/shop complex and a few of our recommended restaurants. There is really nothing worth going to within walking distance from the Courtyard; unless you want to spend your vacation time across the street at their beach that is usually packed with cruise ship passengers.

I still recommend getting a car so you can experience the island, wherever you stay. Or if you prefer to just completely relax and unwind you may want to think about a guest house. You can get a room at our recommended B&B Shangri-La for half the price of any resort, including breakfast.

Whatever you decide, be sure to take Char’s advice and use our Hotel Search for the best rates, special perks, welcome gifts or free upgrades, depending on the circumstances.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE