CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Happy Hour

HOME Forums Dining and Entertainment After Hours Happy Hour

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gldnpear
    gldnpear

Are there Happy Hours at any of the hotels/timeshares/restaurants in Grand Cayman? If so, what are the specials?

There are several restaurants and hotels that have Happy Hours throughout the week, but they are changing all the time. Have you taken a look at the on-line version of the Cayman Activity Guide? If you click on “Magazine” in the banner at the top of this page, it will download the CAG to your computer. Go to pages 56 and 57 to see a very complete listing of Happy Hours and other special things to do in the evenings.

Friday nights at the Wharf restaurant are very popular, offering enough free appetizers to make a meal…..plus they have live music!

A new hot spot is the Macabuca Tiki Bar, which is connected to and behind the beautiful Cracked Conch restaurant up by the Turtle Farm. They are an advertiser in the CAG, but since they are also very new, I don’t think that Joe has them in his Nightly Events listing yet. I went to their website and found out the following information about their Happy Hours. On Mondays, they have Happy Hour prices from 6 p.m. all the way until 1:00 a.m., plus they have either live music or a DJ. That’s their big night! Then, on Tues through Fridays, they have complimentary food and drink specials from 6 to 8. Then, on Saturdays, they claim to have the only Saturday night Happy Hour on Cayman which is held from 9 to 11 p.m. It’s really a wonderful spot to hang out — be sure and give it a try, if you can.

Grab an Activity Guide in the airport when you arrive, and then keep your eyes and ears open…..there are lots of bargains if you look for them!

Char

Divnpaul
    divnpaul
    Participant

I have found that divemasters/instructors ALWAYS know where the best deals are… 😉

Char,

A Monday or Saturday night dive at turtle reef followed by happy hour??!!!

[align=center]:upsidedown: :spin: :bouncing: :clapping: :clap: WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clapping: :bouncing: :spin: :upsidedown:

(can someone call a cab?)[/align]

Anonymous

And don’t forget to check our Nightly Events section in the magazine, which we update every month with the very best deals and most current listing of all evening activities. 😉

Chinechine
    chinechine

What is the average price for a mixed drink and for a domestic beer? Is it much cheaper at happy hours like it is in the States? Just trying to get an idea of how much spending money to plan ahead on needing.

Tracya
    tracya

chinechine,

Just browse the guide. It will tell you who has happy hr. and coupons. If I remember correctly Aqua Beach has a buffet w/drink specials! Check it out…

JKman
    JKman

chinechine wrote:

What is the average price for a mixed drink and for a domestic beer? Is it much cheaper at happy hours like it is in the States? Just trying to get an idea of how much spending money to plan ahead on needing.

Drinks there can run anywhere from $5 to $10 and higher. If your going to be doing a lot of drinking you should pack as much as you can. I spend more on booze there than food! :mrgreen:

Use the discounts in the Activity Guide!!!

JKman
    JKman

JKman wrote:

chinechine wrote:

Drinks there can run anywhere from $5 to $10 and higher. If your going to be doing a lot of drinking you should pack as much as possible. I spend more on booze there than food! :mrgreen:

Use the discounts in the Activity Guide!!!

Chinechine
    chinechine

Thank you for the heads up. :jump: I love the tropical drinks and not to mention beer so that helps a lot. :martini: I’ve been down that road of spending more on booze than food also! :mrgreen:

Thompso2
    thompso2

I hope no one minds if I revive an old thread. After looking at the CAG and a few other sources, I’m trying to put together a week’s worth of happy hours, hopefully without too much repetition. 😉

– Coconut Joe’s: in my order of preference, Sunday for 2-for-1 rum punch, Monday for 2-for-1 mudslides or Tuesday for 2-for-1 Seven Mile sunsets (they look intriguing; are they good?).

– Guy Harvey’s: any night for half-priced drinks; I’m hoping this includes cocktails like the Caribbean Pirate!

– The Wharf: either Thursday or Friday for free appetizers to accompany the drink specials.

– Macabuca: I’m not sure what their happy hour specials are, but with any luck the Blue Iguana will be among them.

– Breezes by the Bay: They advertise “special prices” and I’m not sure what that means, but their broad rum selection makes this a must-try.

– Tiki Bar: I think they do 2-for-1 mixed drinks, wine and beer; their frozen drinks, like the Lemon Bomb and the Mango Orange Mambo, look especially appealing.

Have I missed any great spots?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE