Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Grand Cayman Hotels | Questions and Discussion

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Grand Cayman Hotels | Questions and Discussion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Fluttabye
    fluttabye

my husband and I are planning on our first ever vacation, never had a honeymoon, after 10 years. So you can imagine how paranoid I am about getting this right. I would like a nice hotel with a swim up bar,jaccuzzi, soft sand beach out front with lounge chairs and beach service. Also, I would prefer a place where the bedroom is separate from the living area’s. I am not wealthy by no means. The only reason we are getting this, is because my husband re-enlisted for 6 more years, (has already served 4 active and 1 reserve.) and his bonus is soon to come. I would like parasailing, he wants diving. Can you please help me with places you’ve stayed and where you wish you would have stayed. Everyone on here is so helpful, so in advance I say THANKS!!!

Jennifer

SHELLNNYNJ
    SHELLNNYNJ

Welcome fluttabye,

I went through Cayman Villas and believe they can help find your perfect condo (separate bedroom and living area) for a perfect price. Most of the Hotels so not have a seperate living and bedroom area…

Anyway, they hooked me up with Treasure Island Condo’s which are all redone nicely. They have a huge pool with a swim up bar and its walking distance to many restaurants. THere is no beach service, but they allowed us to bring a small cooler onto the beach..a 3 minute walk from our room, and lay back on the chairs and just relax. There is lots of snorkeling available here as well.

If you CLICK the HOTEL SEARCH button above you can get a nice Cayman Activity Guide Discount while sending an email to them with your requests.

Leelee
    leelee

Welcome flutta,

I will make a deal with you , its my first time going to the Caymans and I am leaving this Sunday Aug 5 and returning Aug 12. I am staying in the Treasure Island condos , I will post a reply when I get there and let you know everything you need to know to make this trip special for you and your husband. If there is any information you need I will find it while I am there. I will have my computer with me and chk the site everyday. So whatever you want me to find out for you I will. Its the least I can do to help someone that is protecting and fighting for our country.

Leelee

Fluttabye
    fluttabye

leelee, I can not thank you enough for your help. My main concern is to have a beach with a sandy bottom. Everything else is a bonus.

Sincerely,

jennifer

For a pure sand beach and ocean bottom you will want to look along the northern end of seven mile beach, where there is nothing but sand in and out of the water (generally north of Courtyard Marriott). Further south there is iron shore and rocks mixed with the sand. Its a trade-off–very good snorkeling on the south end of seven mile beach, or powder sand in and out of the water on the north end. Personally, I like the diversity of the south beach. That is why I stay at The Grandview, which is next door to Treasure Island.

Fluttabye, I do not know if this is really allowed on this forum, but I own a 2 bed ocean front condo on the southern end of Seven Mile Beach at The Grandview. It has a very nice long beach, great snorkeling, and the pool and heated jacuzzi’s renovation is just finished today. Your lack of honeymoon and your husband’s reenlistment hit me in the soft spot. If you want to send me a private message, I am sure I can work something out for you.

Vtmichael1
    vtmichael1

I don’t know if you have looked into flights yet but we just booked for 8/30 – 9/3 our round trip air was 390 each. It’s a great deal. This will be our 2nd trip we love it there…… Can’t wait good luck and enjoy your trip. P.S. does anyone know if they get ESPN2 in the Caymans? Our first college game of the season is that saturday and I don’t want to miss it… GO VT Hokies

Fluttabye
    fluttabye

grandview jon, i would love to discuss with you, your condo. We have not yet made any reservations and I am open and love to hear from you. How do I locate your email . Itried to enclude mine on here, but it would not allow me. Also, thank you to everyone who has replied to my message.

Jennifer

Anonymous

grandview jon wrote:

Fluttabye, I do not know if this is really allowed on this forum, but I own a 2 bed ocean front condo on the southern end of Seven Mile Beach at The Grandview.

No, solicitation is most certainly not allowed on this forum.

Anyone interested in staying at Grandview will obtain the best rates by simply selecting that property on our http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/templates/SoftBlue/images/HotelSearchLinkIcon.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Missyb62
    missyb62

just a note to thank your husband for his service to our great country and each and every one of us :clapping:

Jackwormi
    jackwormi

Looking for an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short term basis.Additional common features found in the hotel rooms are a telephone, TV, mini bar with snacks and drinks Room .Hotel are usually numbered to allow guests to identify their room.

Jckjones29
    jckjones29

I just got a great deal at the Anchorage. Thank you Activity Guide!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE