CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Coral Sands Timeshare and Condominium

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Coral Sands Timeshare and Condominium

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Looking at possible trade on a timeshare for a stay at Coral Sands Resort. Are these nice/clean condo’s? Is there beach access? Can you snorkel right off the beach? Is the beach crowded? Where is it located on Seven Mile Beach? Swimming right off the beach is important to my family-is there swimming there? Does this area get the cruise ship tourists? If anyone has stayed here and can provide me with some honest feedback, I’d really appreciate it!

Thank you!

welcome to the forum, wishiwasthere 😆 ,

I like your name…..makes me say “so do I”.

Did you see this link in the Condos section about the Coral Sands – I don’t think we have much info on that particular property here on the forum. http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/ButtonHere.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Since it’s more of a condo and not really a “resort”, the topic was in the Condo section.

Hope this helps a bit….

Char

Hsmith
    Hsmith

WishIWasThere

Like it says in the condo forum – Coral Sands is really not a resort. I’ve stayed there before. It has nice enough rooms with a small pool in the middle. It’s pretty quiet since there are so few rooms.

The Coral Sands is really more about location. Close to everything and GREAT snorkeling right out front (watch out for all the urchins though as you get in). Straight out from the condo is an overhang where some big tarpon hand out. I’ve seen turtles and lobster out there in additional to all the regularly spectacular snorkeling you get in GC.

You can walk to downtown and to several restaurants. There is a grocery store accross the street (I think its open again at least).

Don’t stay there if you want something fancy. If you want a decent room in a great spot this could be for you.

Thanks for your response-that is exactly what we want-something clean and not crowded-what urchins are you referring to in the water? We will be going end of March beginning of April if they have a room available-we are buying a timeshare week my friend has banked – she is checking on availability. We’ll be ok if we have water shoes or flippers on right?

If you could let me know, I’d appreciate it! Thanks again for your help-Makes you feel more comfortable hearing other’s positive feedback…..thanks!

Rdandcc
    rdandcc

It’s a small place , only 12 units to it. They are very nice and everything was replaced after Ivan. There is good snorkeling just out from the place. The beach is small and you pretty much swim in off of the iron shore but we have seen just about everything out from there. The grocery store is across the street and you are walking distance (5-!0 minutes) from Georgetown and some GREAT restaurants (The Wharf, Lobster Pot). We like the place because it’s small and quiet yet close to everything. We own there and stay there a couple of times a year.

Randy & Chris

What resorts are near Coral Sands on 7 mile beach?

Thanks !

All the Best!

Coral Sands is actually located just outside of Georgetown. I’m not sure if the beach there connects to SMB or not. The resort that is at the southern end of SMB is Comfort Suites, but that is a bit north of you. We’ve stayed at Comfort Suites and enjoyed it!! There isn’t really any resorts close to Coral Sands. You might want to browse through the hotel search in the upper right hand corner to find something on Seven Mile Beach.

:palm:

I was told it was 5 minutes from George Town….So would this be before 7 mile beach or after 7 mile beach….?

It is before Seven Mile Beach.

:palm:

We have booked this condo for October and would love to hear from anyone who has stayed there. What is close by to walk to, did anyone rent bikes? how did you like the condo? Can not wait to go. thanks for any help you can give.

Hsmith
    Hsmith

Kirks Grocery is directly accross the street. Georgetown is about 15-20 minute walk south. Wharf is within stones throw (no matter who is throwing it :)) You can walk north for 15-20 minutes and be in at almost any type of bar/restaurant/beach you want to be at. Swimming right of the condo beach is great – good snorkeling just be careful of the urchins as you get in and out – they are everywhere. You don’t really need a car unless you don’t want to haul groceries accross the street or you want to get further up 7 mile and then you can use a cab.

The condo itself is just basic. Nice and clean with good size kitchen and the pool is small but refreshing. We stay there every other year and love it for its proximity to everything. It is small so also very quite.

For us its great. Get up, dive operator pickup for boat dive or walk to Lobster Pot or Divers down for shore dive, walk to one of the plentiful restaurants/bars get lunch, walk back to condo take a nap, get up go to Wharf, Rackhams, Joes, Guy Harveys, Aqua Beach or Lobster Pot for Dinner, go to Hammer Heads (or any of the afore mentions establishments) for evening cocktails, walk home go to bed – repeat as necessary 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE