CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Comfort Suites | Photos| Reviews

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Comfort Suites | Photos| Reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Divnpaul
    divnpaul
    Participant

If you go to the top of this “Resorts” forum, there is a thread that describes Comfort Suites.

I do know this: It is about a 15/20 minute walk to Kirk’s from there. Seven mile beach, a 30 second stroll away is absolutly beautiful. They have a great bar on premises called Stingers (great luau’s…) One of the best things about Comfort Suites is it’s right across the street from Coconut Joe’s, one of the most fun places on GC. Great breakfasts, too. (See the “Restaurants” thread.) Hope this is of some help.

Anonymous

Hi grbrown – Welcome to the forum. 😀

Do you have to cross the street to get to the beach???

No. The beach is about 100 yards away on the same side of the street.

How does one get to the beach from the hotel (ie: a path???).

Just behind your pool bar “Stingers” you will see a short path to a beautiful non-crowded beach.

How is the beach there???

Beautiful and not crowded, althought they do not offer watersport rentals.

How is the water and the snorkeling in front there???

About the same as anywhere else on Seven Mile Beach. Beautiful calm clear water, snorkeling is about a 5 on a scale from 1 – 10.

Do they have a restaurant??? If so, how is the food/menu???

Yes, Stingers. The food is good and inexpensive. Be sure to go to their famous Luau show.

Can we walk to Kirk’s…Is it very far???

Kirk Supermarket is about 1 mile from Comfort Suites.

What are some good/ local food restaurants in that area???

In walking distance:

Coconut Joe’s

Aqua Beach

Lone Star

Comfort Suites is close to many shops, restaurants and attractions. You will find all the best ones listed in Activity Guide, along with many others that are well worth driving to.

You are in for a wonderful vacation. 😀

Also wanted to mention that Reef Grill (for dinner) and Royal Palms (for lunch and awesome cocktails) are just a walk up the beach! Don’t miss out on the Royal Palms on Friday & Saturday night for live music under the stars!

The Marriott is also right next door with water sports and a nice restaurant as well!

Enjoy yourself. We have stayed in that section of SMB for years and LOVE it!

Kim :palm:

Jlwest73
    jlwest73

Edit: OOPS! Some of this is repeat – Kim must have sent send before I did!!! 🙂

We stayed at Comfort Suites in May. It is very nice. AND they have FREE continental breakfast every day and it is good. Not just donuts and coffee….they offer cereals, breads, bagels, waffle maker, fresh fruit.

They have beach towels available for checkout – no charge – so don’t lug them with you from home.

Joe mentioned that watersports are not offered at C.S. beach, but they are offered next door at the Marriott. Also, C.S. is only about a five minute walk from the Royal Palms, where they have a two story beach bar and live music in the evenings (check current schedule for days).

Don’t miss Coconut Joe’s across the street. You can make a meal out of their appetizer menu!!!

You are going to have a wonderful trip!

Jen

Snowed in
    snowed in

Just to add some more info. for you:

*Royal Palms has live music Thurs. – Sat. nights (as of 2-3 weeks ago)

* The luau show at Comfort Suites is just on Wed. nights even though you may read that it is offered 2 nights a week! If I remember correctly it is $20. for adults and $10 for children or something in that range.

* Be careful making local cell phone calls/calls at Comfort Suites hotel as the charge is very expensive. Use the pay phone in the lobby!!!

* Gas station is in walking distance (left out of the parking lot-5 or so minutes walk up the road) carries phone cards to the U.S. – also good place to buy COLD bottles of water!!

Jeff A
    Jeff A

I also stayed there in May….I would definitely stay there again…the quesadillas at Stingers were GREAT….and dont miss the Jerk Chicken across the street at Coconut Joes!

Cm.merhar
    cm.merhar

My wife and I stayed there in late March, we didn’t spend alot of time in the room. we thought it was a great centralized location. We liked the continental breakfast. 😀 We would stay there again.

Chris & Misty

Grbrown
    grbrown

Many thanks for all the response!!! We are all ready to go and leave in a couple of hours…Can’t wait to get there and RELAX in that beautiful water!!! Cheers! Judy & Rusty

Celine
    Celine

grbrown……safe travels and have a WONDERFUL time…….how could anyone not?!

Celine

Tgking95
    tgking95

We were there in May with jlwest73. We also walked to the Wharf. It really isn’t that long of a walk. (Just make sure you aren’t wearing your brand-new-not-broken-in sandals! 🙁 )

Ginny

Divnpaul
    divnpaul
    Participant

Hey Ginny.. You did that “new sandals thing” too? Boy did that hurt!! 😥

Celine
    Celine

you can add me to THAT list 🙄 Celine

Jlwest73
    jlwest73

Count me in – I still have scars on my feet from May 2004!!! There’s nothing like mixing blisters with salt water!!! 😮

Jen

Cara-Ibean
    Cara-ibean

😮 Wish I had known about the discount, I booked one night at the Comfort Suites for Friday Nov 4th. Our resort (7 Mile Resort) is Saturday to Saturday but I saved $600 by booking flights on the Friday.

Markhawk17
    markhawk17

We will be there also from 20-25 April…hope to see any of you that can make it. We are “Just” over 50 (but haven’t grown up!) and the AARP rate was quite a savings. Can’t wait :cheers:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE