CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Comfort Suites | Photos| Reviews

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Comfort Suites | Photos| Reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 121 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

snowed in – I am glad you had a great vacation and look forward to seeing your trip report, hopefully with pictures. 😀

What happened to you at Comfort Suites is common at most resorts and needs to be explained:

The calls that were billed by the minute were cell phones. Normal local calls are .75 to connect and free unlimited minutes. Cell phone calls are .75 to connect and .75/minute thereafter. This is the case at most hotels and condos. Cell calls are costly here and many condos do not allow you to dial them at all for this reason. I agree that there should be some way for visitors to distinguish between regular and cell calls. Locals know the cell numbers because they do not start with 94x.

I will make sure that the places I recommend create some way of making visitors aware of the additional cost of cell calls and how to distinguish them from regular land-line numbers which start with 94x.

Snowed in
    snowed in

Joe~ Thank you for your explanation……I thought it was just that hotel…..since I have called these same people from other hotels as previous as December and have never been charged those rates…is this something new???

This should be posted in EVERY ROOM!!!!!!! I could have opened up my window and yelled to who I was calling on 1 of the calls as they were across the street at Coconut Joe’s and I was just delayed and was calling to let them know at the price of $3.77!!!!!!!! Oh, how that burned me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please if you have any input down there, a simple card in the rooms would save a lot of $$$$ as these calls could have been avoided or placed at another location or even on a phone card would have been less expensive. Thank you.

My trip report will be coming soon…..no digital pictures though…sorry.

Snowed in
    snowed in

Hey Joe~~ Do you think you can make it really, really retro active???

:-))))))) like after the fact???????????? hee hee!!

Wish I read this earlier too! 🙂

Tgking95
    tgking95

Joe, We hadn’t even thought about our cell service down there. We use our Nextels all the time instead of leaving a hotel number with family, but will we be able to do that there? We will be calling to check on the kids, but had been plannin on using our cell.

Ginny

Anonymous

snowed in – I’m sure I can work something out for your next visit. 😀

Anonymous

tgking95 – Most cell phones will roam here. Get a rate from your provider before you leave and then compare that to the Cable and Wireless rate when you arrive. See which one is lower and select your service accordingly. 😉

Snowed in
    snowed in

Joe~ Be careful….my next visit may be tomorrow!!!

I’m already tired of this u-g-l-y weather back home…..and the forecast for the week is for more of the same…..dreary, dreary, dreary…..so, I might just hop back on that plane and enjoy the sunshine!!!

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

[/fon

Anyone going to Comfort Suites will have a blast! We stayed there on our Honeymoon 2 years ago and we were very pleased. We did have a rough first night, due to a problem with our AC, we didnt call anyone late that night, but first thing the next morning we did. They had it fixed when we came back from our first dive that day. We didnt have another problem and they were so nice to us. We couldn’t have asked for better service. The continental breakfast was great too! Stingers was fantastic! We met alot of great people there and we were there every nite! They have beautiful grounds, (not sure about what it looks like now ofcourse) I would give Comfort Suite an A+. We loved it and if we were going back to GC and not The Brac this year we would be staying there this year! Jana

Ralphy57
    ralphy57

Hi Amy, we are staying at the Comfort Suites in October, Hope you can take pictures of the hoteland can’t wait for your trip report. Have a good time

Amy41884
    amy41884
    Participant

I’ll do my best. I feel a lot of pressure all of a sudden. 😕 My last trip was to Costa Rica and I fell of a horse that got spooked with all my camera equipment. Fortunately my first thought was to save my camera, but it came at the cost of a very black arm and not being able to walk so well for the next 24 hours. I’ve decided this time I’ll use disposable if I go riding. But I’ll do my best to take lots of pictures and share them all! 😀

Anonymous

amy41884 – Check out Pampered Ponies. You will find a coupon for them in Activity Guide and they let you swim the horses. 😉

Jlwest73
    jlwest73

Here are a couple of photos from our trip in May at Comfort Suites. I have a few more, but Photobucket is not cooperating with me tonight…

Entrance to Comfort Suites

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/jlwest73/ComfortEntrance.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Pool Area (Marriott is the yellow building in the background)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/jlwest73/PoolComfort.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

The Comfort Suites were very nice. The staff was very accomodating, and we used the WONDERFUL CAG discount. The FREE continental breakfast was good – loved those waffles – and they had free towels for checkout every day. We thought we would use the kitchen more, but it was nice to have a fridge for drinks and a coffee pot to recover from the drinks the night before! 🙂

Hope this helps.

Jen

Amy41884
    amy41884
    Participant

Well at least if I’m swimming with the horses maybe the water will break my fall 😀

Anonymous

amy41884 wrote:

Well at least if I’m swimming with the horses maybe the water will break my fall 😀

😀

Grbrown
    grbrown

We just found out that we are being “relocated” from Morritt’s to Comfort Suites… A 2-week stay… We go this Friday! Please help with some of our questions… Do you have to cross the street to get to the beach??? How does one get to the beach from the hotel (ie: a path???). How is the beach there??? How is the water and the snorkeling in front there??? Do they have a restaurant??? If so, how is the food/menu??? Can we walk to Kirk’s…Is it very far??? What are some good/ local food restaurants in that area??? THANKS EVER SO MUCH for any and all help!!! Judy & Rusty

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE