Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

AJTUX’s Reef Vacation is Starting!

HOME Forums MyPage My Guide AJTUX’s Reef Vacation is Starting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

Alan,

Be careful packing that champagne in your bags, because if not handled properly there will be a party inside your bag…. 🙄

Not sure if I would pack it in the checked luggage, as it may be more likely to break with all the “white glove service” of the baggage handlers. I don’t know about Logan, but at JFK, I could swear they play soccer or bowling for dollars with the luggage… can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to file damage claims with the airlines after claiming our bags….both at JFK and abroad. Just make sure you promptly report any problems, lest you be deemed to have waived a claim…

Perhaps putting the champagne in your carryon would be better…. not sure if there are any TSA regulations on that…. you may want to check…. just a thought.

Also, I wouldn’t chill it before packing, as it would only get warm and then to re-chill… the taste will be adversely affected.

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

John, I read somewhere here that somebody tried to take champagne in their carry on and they were told it wasnot allowedand had to be specially packed and stowed with the checked luggage. I’ll take my chances and stuff each bottle in it’s own heavy ski sock and then in a zip lock bag and then wrapped around an article of clothing and then stuffed into the middle of the bag. If that breaks it, then nothing could have protected them. They have laundry facilities at the Reef. I brought a bottle of wine back from Aruba, Minus the ski sock and it made it fine.

Alan

:wine:

Fear not, there will be plenty of tlime to try the local brew

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

I’m gonna have to rewatch that movie when I get back.

IT’S OFFICIAL!! I’M NOW ON VACATION :band1: :band1: :band1: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :wine: :wine: :diving: :palm1: :band:

Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

Alan wrote:

Quote:

IT’S OFFICIAL!! I’M NOW ON VACATION

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So what are you doing goofing off…. get the packing done and make a batch of rum punch :rofl2:

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

Punch is MADE, Packing is more or less done, as I said before, I can go from nothing in the bag to done, in less than 10 minutes. Then let the shopping begin, so I can purchase everything I forgot. :rofl2:

I wish I could remember who it was who said they made him check his champagne

Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

Alan.

I was thinking about whether there were any issues about cabin pressurization and champagne, then realized that the airlines serve it…. just not sure what storage mechanism they use…. also, not sure if it is a safety issue, particularly with the potential for an errant cork to go flying inside the cabin…

Do try the Stingray beer, both light and dark…. they are both easy drinkin’ beers. They wash the fried conch fritters down very easily….

As the old toast goes… here’s lookin up your old address :cheers:

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

John thanks, :cheers: That was the issue, something about the volitile nature of champagne. I’m sure I’ll enjoy both the light and dark stingray’s :cheers: Enjoy the warm weather up here in the Northeast while I’m away. The same thing happened in January while we were in Aruba. I’m NOT complaining.

Have I mentioned lately….I’M ON VACATION :wave:

Alan :sun:

Jpep
    jpep
    Participant

Alan,

Here’s what I found in the general questions thread about packing champagne CLICK HERE

Hope it helps :wine:

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

As I sip my 20 oz. Rum Punch, I read that thread and didn’t see anything about bringing Champagne. I do know I saw it, just don’t know where. I am NOT worrying about it, OR anything else, for the next 10 days. (except, where to eat, what to eat….where to drink, what to drink)

:rockbed:

Alan

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

The time has come, my vacation started an hour ago, we fly out Saturday.

I think I’ve garnered enough info here for a few trips, but if anyone has any ideas that they think I may have missed….NOW’S the time.

:palm1: Alan

Maniac
    Maniac

ajtux wrote:

…IT’S OFFICIAL!! I’M NOW ON VACATION …

:clapping: :dance1: :sun: :cheers:

Now could you please show a little excitement about this trip!!!

:poke:

Becka – whose countdown seems to be creeping by. 🙄

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

i’ll try…..YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Maniac
    Maniac

Alan – no last minute ideas but will you be drinking and typing all day? Can’t wait to read the board in a few hours!!! :drinking:

:split:

Becka

Ajtux
    ajtux
    Participant

Becka, Yup, pretty much, I love this place, I can be myself. Although, the longer I partake, the more I need the backspace button. :margarita:

Maniac
    Maniac

What? What? You’re on vacation? Where? When?

:rofl2:

Becka

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE