CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Advice for New diving couple

HOME Forums Accommodations Resorts Advice for New diving couple

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cwalshlang
    cwalshlang

My husband and I are going to Grand Cayman for our 1st anniversary (we didn’t have a honeymoon). We plan to go for about a week sometime over the summer (Late May-Late July)… dates are flexible.

Neither of us like to cook, but we also don’t want to have to eat out for every meal. It’s only the 2 of us, so we really don’t need a multi-room villa/condo. We are thinking of a hotel/resort, but maybe somewhere that has suites. We want at least a mini-fridge and microwave (maybe even a kitchenette). We’d also like to have massage/spa services available where we stay.

We plan to do the PADI course-work ahead of time, and complete our certification dives in GC. Since we are new to diving we want somewhere that has other options too… like sea kayaking, great beach, restaurants w/in walking distance, etc. We’d be willing to rent a car for a day or two, but don’t want to have to be dependent on one every day, so we were thinking some where in the 7 mile area.

My questions are this:

Am I right that it doesn’t make sense to get a condo/villa since we don’t need more than 1 bedroom?

What really distinguished a “resort” from a “condo”?

Assuming that you agree and a resort makes the most sense for us, what would you recommend?

I’ve looked at the (formerly)Hyatt, Marriott, Westin, Sunshine suites, and Comfort suites. I think I lean toward the formerly-called-Hyatt, but that’s just b/c it looks like it’s in the middle of 7 mile.

Any recommendations on dive operators?

Should we try to book a “dive package” with a hotel?

Sorry the post is so long!

Thanks in advance for you advice.

Welcome to the forum, cwalshlang 🙂,

I see that you just joined our forum today, and I think that if you just spend some time reading through all of our forums……or at least the threads that appeal to you…..you’ll find most of the answers to your questions.

Be sure to go to the Condo thread and read Joe’s suggetions for deciding whether or not a condo or a resort is right for you……also, be sure to go to our http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/templates/SoftBlue/images/HotelSearchLinkIcon.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" /> feature to get recommendations for various condo properties all along the 7 Mile Beach area.

Our diving section goes into great detail about our recommended dive operators……you’ll find it all there.

My own opinion is that a condo isn’t silly at all for just two people. My husband and I do that all the time…….but, if you really are looking for more of a suite with a kitchenette or whatever, I think something like the Comfort Suites might be perfect. You mentioned the Hyatt Beach Suites (or whatever they are called now…)….they might have kitchenettes too.

Sorry to not be able to spend more time answering you, but I’m packing to go to Cayman on my annual vacation in the morning, so I don’t have much time……plus the fact that I think you need to do some reading here and then come back and ask your questions.

We’re here to help!

Char

Anonymous

Hi cwalshlang and welcome. I just want to add that we have a new highly recommended spa called New Look that provides complete spa services including massage, hair/barber, nails, wedding preparation, etc. and bring the complete spa experience to your hotel or condo. Their prices are very affordable and they have a staff of highly trained professionals. They even offer a 20% discount to Activity Guide members and readers for hair braiding. I will be posting the details and contact information as soon as I have time and you will see them featured in Activity Guide when you arrive.

Have a great vacation!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE